PDA

View Full Version : Next Time You're In Ireland

J.P
12-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Can you pick this up for me....

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2011/January/jan1111-0-mile-ducati-748s/

giler
12-01-2011, 03:17 PM
If I had the money:spin:

I think that is cracking value when you consider the cost of a new jap 600!

J.P
12-01-2011, 03:21 PM
problem is, as I've discussed at length with my petrol head colleague, you can't even ride it round the block to see what's it's like, it won't be zero miles then and you're definitely paying a premium because of it. And the bugger is in Ireland, how inconvenient that's its not in Lewisham Village.... :(

Shuffy
12-01-2011, 03:32 PM
problem is, as I've discussed at length with my petrol head colleague, you can't even ride it round the block to see what's it's like, it won't be zero miles then and you're definitely paying a premium because of it. And the bugger is in Ireland, how inconvenient that's its not in Lewisham Village.... :(

I'd get Jeeves and staff to 'carry' it back for you, that way they won't make the tyres dirty. Then they can push you round the stable yard at Photis Hall making 'Vroom' noises, consequently you'll never run up any miles on your speedo with the engine running.

It's what 'below stairs' are for you know.

J.P
12-01-2011, 03:47 PM
A very good point Shuff.
Do you think I could get them to run round Brands Hatch too ?

Shuffy
12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
A very good point Shuff.
Do you think I could get them to run round Brands Hatch too ?

Definitely. But only use the younger ones, I don't think Jeeves does 'trackdays' anymore, it's his war wound you know. Just make sure they can lean the bike over far enough to get your knee down, that should impress Lady Emma...

J.P
12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
There are many things that impress Lady Emma.. ;)

utopia
12-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Blimey, that is a stunning deal.
And a great chance to release a captive animal back into the wild.
Probably my favourite sports bike of all time, ...I could easily be tempted.
Very easily.
Phil Macallen has been selling off a load of Ducati stuff recently (I nearly bought a tank from him last week). I wonder if its his ?
Zero miles ???? Wouldn't take long to fix that !!!

buzzbomb
12-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Justin 18 months ago I collected a 749R with 6kms on the clock for a customer who had won it on a government auction site (seized from a gangster) not quite certain about what he paid but it was a bargain, by all acounts it was an orament in his conservatory.