PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Italian AutoMoto Festival 2011

Goody76
11-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Bristol Italian AutoMoto Festival
Saturday April 16th 2011
www.biamf.co.uk

We are pleased to announce the date for the Ninth Bristol Italian Automoto Festival (BIAMF). The Festival is the best event for Italian vehicle enthusiasts in the UK.

The Festival has become a huge success and is a regular highlight to the City’s busy calendar.

Focussed around Corn Street in Bristol's Italianate City Centre, the bikes and cars will be parked 'Latin Style' in what will be the most charismatic, City Centre Moto festival the Country will experience all year. The morning and afternoon “Start your engines” sessions, will make the 'Old City' shake to the sounds of pent-up horsepower, unleashed for the joyous appreciation of the owners and spectators alike.

The BIAMF will take place in Bristol City Centre on Saturday, April 16th and will have Ferrari as the featured car marquee, a true Italian Corner Stone. Benelli, who will be proudly celebrating their centenary will be our featured two-wheeler marque.

Planning is in progress and details of how to enter will be appearing shortly, so watch the website! Prospective entrants should make early contact as spaces will be limited.

All Show & Car related enquiries should be directed to Paul Hanmore of the ‘Italian AutoMoto Club’ (www.ItalianAutoMotoClub.co.uk); biamf@ourhemanpal.co.uk

The Bike Zone will again be organised by the Ducati Owners Club, Bristol Branch. Any enquiries specific to the bikes should be made to Sean Good (www.docgb.org); bristol@docgb.net

bigredduke
11-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Hotel booked! This is a great event with a brilliant atmosphere and some gorgeous Italian machinery to drool over.

Stafford
11-01-2011, 05:36 PM
How many miles on your trailer now Paul? :spin:

bigredduke
11-01-2011, 05:39 PM
How many miles on your trailer now Paul? :spin:

A few more than on either bike as it 'appens;)

Nickj
11-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I shall probably wobble my way out of the forest for that.

You taking that dribbly 8 again Stafford ;)

Char
12-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Might bimble up there weather permitting

Fugly
12-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Hi all,

I am looking to be back in the UK around this time so will be there, not sure if I will ride back from Berlin (long distance award????) or take the Alfa but have registered the Alfa for now.

Will be great to hook up and finally put faces to names etc. Anyone who knows the layout planning a UKMOC meeting point/time etc?

Fuggers

sadbiker
12-01-2011, 06:03 PM
For those who haven't been heres the photos for last year.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/collections/72157623798315269/

Char
12-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Might be worth PM'ing Rally - its on his list of things to do

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=39668&page=4

uksurfer
12-01-2011, 06:37 PM
i might have to have a think about it, not sure about the time though!

uksurfer
13-01-2011, 09:12 PM
have you booked, or can you just turn up?

Fugly
17-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi UKsurfer,

As far as I am aware you can just turn up if yu want to wander around. I think the same is also true if you arrive by bike but there are organised ride-ins but you might need to register your bike.

If arriving by car and want to park it in the event as opposed to a nearby NCP then you need to register.

Take a look at : http://www.biamf.co.uk/ or drop an e-mail to Paul Hanmore at mail@ourhemanpal.co.uk

Fuggers

Goody76
26-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Hello one and all,

Plans and organisation for this year’s BIAMF are all well under way and appear to be progressing well. As I am sure you all know we again have two great Italian corner stones as our featured Marques this year; Ferrari and Benelli.

I am sure you will all be pleased to know that the whole plan and basic structure of the Festival is unchanged with only some small minor changes. The first of these is the sad loss of some of our festival sponsors, and secondly is Bristol Council’s decision that this festival now needs and requires full planning and control. The later of these has seen them now introduce a Festival licence in order for the festival to go ahead. Obviously both Paul and I have, however, tried all our best endeavours to ensure that the full cost of this is not simply passed to any hopeful participants. As such I would like to let you know that on a whole things will not change from last years format. Cars are still being asked for £5 in order to display at the show. For us motorcycles there has been a slight increase in that we are now going to collect £2 from each participant. This is simply to go toward the festival costs and licence and insurance – and any possible profits will once again go to our Festival charity HELP FOR HEROES.

The other reason I am making contact at this early stage is because I would also like to address motorcycle organisation. We did have a few issues at last years show and so this needs to be sorted so as to avoid any of last year’s chaos. Basically, I normally request participation from each Motorcycle Marque. With each Marque asked to provide two or more (many have found that four is more ideal) on site marshalls as well as two or more ride in marshalls. These will be responsible for organising their groups to ensure that we can control the Marque-by-Marque ride in as well as controlling your access to the festival and the on-site parking. All of this makes for a much smoother and ride in to the festival and will help to ease the real congestion spot of parking the bikes up at the Festival Site.

Personally I know I did not help matters on this front and so in order to address this I will endeavouring to organise the Gordano Services Meet in the morning so that motorcycles are loosely grouped into their relevant marques prior to departure. I will then need all of your assistance – in that you clearly indicate your relevant marshalls so that I can clearly talk through;
 The Order of March for the Ride-In
 That Marques Access Point at the Festival Site
 That Marques Parking Area at the Festival Site

CAN YOU PLEASE VOLUNTEER OR NOMINATE YOUR MARSHALLS AND ENSURE THAT THEY SEE ALL OF THESE ATTACHMENTS AND MAKE CONTACT WITH ME AT THE EARLIEST POSSIBILITY.

Once these Marshalls make contact with me (bristol@docgb.net – please specify which marquee you are marshalling for and whether you are a ride-in or on-site marshall) I will then be able to provide you copies of the route plan and map(UNCHANGED FROM LAST YEAR), an example of the route markers (for anyone who does manage to get lost), as well as a clear access point and parking plan (to show how you enter and where you park).

I will look forward to hearing from you all…

bigredduke
26-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Yet another excuse for a council to get on the 'we should be involved and charge for this' bandwagon. Although I think £2 per bike is very good value for what is a great day, do Bristol council not appreciate that such an event results in more visitors and thus more spending in local shops, café's, restaurants and hotels? Not to mention the increased profile of the city.

Char
28-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Assume the Wiltshire Rep will be organising? Yes I know before you say

uksurfer
28-01-2011, 12:54 PM

yes, i might just turn up and see whos there :spin:

Rally
28-01-2011, 05:15 PM

Before we say what, Bristol is in Somerset!

We will put some times down nearer the date, but I would think Leigh Delamare services on the M4 or similar would be a good meeting place. There is a good burger van on the A350 Chippenham bypass, but thats no use for those coming down the M4.

uksurfer
28-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Before we say what, Bristol is in Somerset!

We will put some times down nearer the date, but I would think Leigh Delamare services on the M4 or similar would be a good meeting place. There is a good burger van on the A350 Chippenham bypass, but thats no use for those coming down the M4.

i won't be coming down the M4
probably A36 all the way :D

crust
28-01-2011, 05:52 PM
There is a good burger van on the A350 Chippenham bypass, but thats no use for those coming down the M4.

Erm, really, of course it is? Why else would they have made junction 17?

crust, navigating by burger van since the 70's

kilos, that is. :p

Paivi
28-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Multimental on the Ducatisti site is organising a ride-in on Sat morning for the Londoners, to depart from the Ace. Previously, they've done the scenic route, as opposed to the motorway one.

sadbiker
02-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi,

I have now uploaded photos from 2007,2008 & 2009, adding to the existing ones from 2010.

Location below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/collections/72157623798315269/

Bigxr
23-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Will there be a UKMOC group at gordano this year? It was all a bit higgledy piggledy last year, which turned out great 'cos it meant I rode in behind a FANTASTIC sounding Desmoseidici! I close my eyes and still hear it...
Still, it'd be nice to ride in as a monster group.
Incidentally, for those planning to ride in to the event, the earlier start and meet at Gordano is unmissable, and absolutely worth getting up an hour earlier for. The sound of hundreds of various italian pistons exploding out of hundreds of barely silenced exhausts is unearthly!

Capo
23-03-2011, 08:59 PM
I was planning to go but still waiting on some bits, don't think I will be ready by then.

desmo
24-03-2011, 03:19 AM
I rode in behind a FANTASTIC sounding Desmoseidici! I close my eyes and still hear it...
The sound of hundreds of various italian pistons exploding out of hundreds of barely silenced exhausts is unearthly!

I did the ride in last year, I was behind a very early Ducati SS type of bike with open bellmouths, we rode down through Failand & the noise from the bike in front was ear bleedingly loud, :D
Was a very good day though & I am going this year as well.

Gerry
15-04-2011, 01:29 PM
just thought I'd bump this ...

Rally
15-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Gerry, There is another thread running under the Wiltshire region as well. :D