PDA

View Full Version : New set of cam belts

Emmett
10-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Hello,

I have a new set of cam belts I don't need for '98 M600/750.

Part Number: 73710021a

I ordered these last year from Ducati Coventry I think; mail order, basically phoned around and ordered from first to have them in stock.

They sent me these belts to fit the '98 model however when I took the cam belt covers off my '98 model I realised I need the belts for the '97 model. Typical Ducati :spin:

I never got around to returning them to Ducati Coventry with work and what not.

Think they were about £50, I'll take £30 for them delivered.

Thanks

Scott1
10-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi, does anybody know if these will fit a 2000, 600 dark? If so I'll have them.

Update, apparently these or the later belts with the part number 73710051X are fine to use.

I can't PM you, possibly as you are a guest but if they're still availble, please see if you can PM me or let me have an email address or something and I'll arrange the payment.

Thanks
Scott

utopia
10-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Not exactly confirmation, but I have a 2000 M750 and its fitted with the 7371002A belts, supplied by Ducati Coventry. However, when I bought the bike it was on its second set of belts, and they were the 7371005A ones, so it seems that they are somewhat interchangeable.
I dunno what the difference is, but I would be interested if anyone does know.
I guess its likely that there was a materials upgrade with the newer belts, or maybe just a different supplier.
Does anyone know....(i'm due for a new set soon).

Scott1
10-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi Utopia, apparently, the newer 7371005A belt is a bit more robust as it has more kevlar in the make up of the belt material.

Notice I said apparently, somebody on here might say different, the stuff people know on this website is frightening!

utopia
10-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks for that.
I imagined that might be the difference, but without being certain I decided it was best to stick with the ones listed for my model to avoid any unforeseen problems.
However, the materials upgrade would obviously be worth having.
I await further outpourings from the UKMOC fountain of knowledge.

popelli
10-01-2011, 06:56 PM
difference between early and late belts is semi round profile teeth vs square profile teeth

don't ask me which is which or what year the change over is but is bl;oody frustrating when you strip everything down and find you have the wrong belts