PDA

View Full Version : Replacement tank panels

Dish1510
07-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy replacement tank panels Std colours or logomania) for my 796, or some google/ebay search words to find them, official store is very expensive, thanks j

gary tompkins
07-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Keep an eye out on ebay for used or slightly scuffed panels

Even with the price of a re-spray it can be far cheaper

Dish1510
08-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks, where do u go to get a respray and how much does it usually cost?

He11cat
08-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Panels wouldn't cost much .
I have a sprayer here who does whole bikes for £80.
Streetfighter place uses him and his bikes have got in the normal mags.
Shop about or if you want I could ask for you :)

gary tompkins
08-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks, where do u go to get a respray and how much does it usually cost?

I know where I would go but maybe no good to you as I'm down in Kent. As the M796 panels are only light plastic I suppose you could post out, but I prefer to deal with sprayers face to face. Track down local members and find out where they go and what paintshops have a good reputation.

Albie (another Kent member) had some panels painted on his 1100 - not sure what final price was. It really depends on what you want done, which paints are used, complexity of design and if any damage needs repairing first. I've had a couple of monsters re-painted for £250-300, but that was for everthing.. metal tank, sidepanels, seat cowl, front mudguard and nose fairing, and in the case of trike 2 x rear mudguards as well.

http://ukmonster.co.uk/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1229&cat=531

Dish1510
08-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Cheers, much appreciated

He11cat
09-01-2011, 01:36 AM
The sprayers Scrapps and Albie have used have done some nice paint.

gary tompkins
09-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Yes.. but Panel Care are near Canterbury, which would be a 200+ mile round trip from Peterborough

He11cat
09-01-2011, 07:02 PM
True but depends on what you want.
If it's just flat colour go local..
If it's something a little more different then I would have had no hesitation putting some miles in for a good job and I believe they are well priced so what you save in paint job covers your fuel :)
I was planning to travel it's just someone local showed me a great bike and I got a flake gun and it was a huge gamble i'm sure people would rip holes in it but it was a first ..with very very tricky flake.
My chaps normal paint and fine flake work is very good and he's done a few that have featured in STreetfighters mag.

cosmicknome
10-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Hello there, if you don't mind me asking what is wrong with your original one's.
The reason i ask is i have just got myself replacement tank panels for my m1100.
The reason being i wish to custom paint my bike but don't want to paint over the
original colour.
One of the panels is new and the othe is used with one or two small marks.

Dish1510
10-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi, I have a standard red set of panels, but quite like the corse (black / white / red) panel, I just don't fancy paying big bucks direct from ducati.