PDA

View Full Version : Datatool 3 Problem

dam
28-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi all

I can't get my Datatool 3 to disarm, I suspect something to do with the battery (I have been starting it regularly over the past 4 weeks but we have had temperatures of -10).

Anybody else had this problem?

Cheers

analogue_rogue
28-12-2010, 04:57 PM
what does it do when you press the button?

dam
28-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Nothing - no beeps - nothing. But if i touch the bike the alarm goes off.

gary tompkins
28-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Try a new battery in the key fob?

dam
29-12-2010, 05:58 AM
Key fob lights come on ok when pressed - tried both of them just to check, but same result:scratch:

analogue_rogue
29-12-2010, 07:36 AM
there should be an inline fuse seperate to the fusebox forthe car. check that. if it has blown the alarm wont respond but will stay in its armed mode. (from memory....) other than that you should have a key "code" to disarm it? (the one hwere you turn the ignition on and off... its been a while since i installed these so i may be wrong my memory fades)

dam
29-12-2010, 02:11 PM
there should be an inline fuse seperate to the fusebox forthe car. check that. if it has blown the alarm wont respond but will stay in its armed mode. (from memory....) other than that you should have a key "code" to disarm it? (the one hwere you turn the ignition on and off... its been a while since i installed these so i may be wrong my memory fades)

Unfortunately the key code was not written down (came with the bike when I got it).

Bugger!

SunEye
30-12-2010, 09:15 AM
I have a Datatool System 3 on my Kawasaki. Assuming that the fuse has not blown then put the key in the ignition and turn the bike on whilst holding the arm/disarm button on the remote.

The System 3 goes into a hibernate mode when the battery gets low on juice. Sometimes getting the remote close to the control unit when pressing the disarm button is sufficient. If the battery has a bit less juice then you will have to disarm the alarm whilst you turn on the ignition.

The good news is that the battery should still have enough life in it to start the bike, mine usually does. Since I put a new battery in the bike a few years ago I have had to disarm the alarm several times in the manner I have described above and I was able to start the bike every time.

If you do not have a manual for your System 3 let me know and I will copy mine for you, although it will have to wait until 5th January when I get back from my holiday in France.

Good luck.

dam
30-12-2010, 03:23 PM
I have a Datatool System 3 on my Kawasaki. Assuming that the fuse has not blown then put the key in the ignition and turn the bike on whilst holding the arm/disarm button on the remote.

The System 3 goes into a hibernate mode when the battery gets low on juice. Sometimes getting the remote close to the control unit when pressing the disarm button is sufficient. If the battery has a bit less juice then you will have to disarm the alarm whilst you turn on the ignition.

The good news is that the battery should still have enough life in it to start the bike, mine usually does. Since I put a new battery in the bike a few years ago I have had to disarm the alarm several times in the manner I have described above and I was able to start the bike every time.

If you do not have a manual for your System 3 let me know and I will copy mine for you, although it will have to wait until 5th January when I get back from my holiday in France.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies. Does that stop the alarm going off when I turn the key. Thanks for the offer for the manual, i do have it but it doesn't have the code marked in it.

SunEye
31-12-2010, 08:25 AM
If you hold down the arm/disarm button on the fob whilst you turn the ignition on the alarm should not go off. It should disarm the alarm and you would hear the usual beep as it does so. You may also hear some other beeps to tell you that since you last set the alarm it has been set off.

Martin C
04-01-2011, 01:30 PM
My ST4's datatool went into this mode whilst I was riding it (everything still ran OK). It turned out the alarm's power supply was taken from the (permanently live) terminal of the horn fuse, which had blown. Your alarm may well be installed differently, but a blown fuse in the alarm power circuit is almost certainly the problem.