PDA

View Full Version : Hypermotard vs Dorsoduro?

damo
22-12-2010, 02:38 PM
I know it's not Monster related -not even Ducati related as far as one of the two concerned- but as the snow and ice kept me from using the bike I starting musing as to which of these two could replace my M620 in case of a hypothetical upgrade.

Have any of you guys tried both?
Love the looks of the Hyper and the 1100 lump sounds great but the Dorso is quite a bit cheaper and seem highly rated in reviews over the web.

samieb
22-12-2010, 02:54 PM
I have the Hyper and its a good bike. Prefer Ducati's to any others, so I'm biaised.. :D

Nickj
22-12-2010, 08:48 PM
And get a CRM250 or XR400 for the scabbier days of winter

buzzbomb
22-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Damian I've got both a monster and a hypermotard and I'm sorry if I offend some of the club members but I have to admit that I ride the hyper more than my monster, it just seems more agile.
To my mind theres no comparision between a hyper and a dorso but at the end of the day its your choise my moneys on the ducati.

slob
22-12-2010, 11:04 PM
How does the Dorsoduro compare with a 796 Hyper on price, probably a better comparison.
Test ride both and make your own mind up.

...and then buy the Hypermotard

singletrack
23-12-2010, 08:16 AM
The Hyper is a fantastic bike, and a used 1100 is great value for money at the moment. Having said that the Apriia is good too.
As slob says, test ride them both and then buy the Hypermotard :D

rossifumi
23-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Never ridden a Motard but sat on one though

However i have owned a Dorso for 9 months and love it,engine very smooth and more grunt than a motard i suspect and its mental in 'sport mode'

Would recommend it with no doubt,just had a small oil leak that was cured pretty quickly by dealer other than that its been faultless

www.picasaweb.google.com/paulmphotos/MyDorsoduro