PDA

View Full Version : Today, I will mostly be, NOT BE FLYING

J.P
21-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Very depressingly at 5am this morning I got a text message from Virgin Atlantic to tell me that my flight to the sunshine in Cape Town was cancelled.
Very depressed today and have an awful cold too which isn't making my mood any better. Trying to find another way of getting there but not looking hopeful as soooooo many passengers in the same boat.. :thumbsdown:

Rally
21-12-2010, 08:42 AM
JP, I think it will take about a month on the Multi, it's made for it. Go on, you know you want too! Forget Paris Dakar from South America over Christmas, you can see the real version for yourself on the way down................... :D

I hope you enjoy your festive season where ever it ends up being. :)

LouSCannon
21-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Least your not sleeping on the airport floor!

Dukedesmo
21-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Trying to find another way of getting there but not looking hopeful as soooooo many passengers in the same boat.. :thumbsdown:

I think you'll find it's a long way by boat... :scratch:

utopia
21-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Looking on the bright side, at least the fact that you're not able to fly this time will slightly reduce the enormous amount of energy use and pollution associated with air travel.
And that, in turn, might make up for the extra emissions coming out of your S4 since you removed the cat ...(you have removed the damn ugly thing I presume).
:spin:
ps. sorry you're plans are spoiled though.

J.P
21-12-2010, 10:34 AM
I do try to be carbon neutral, but fail terribly

Nonnie
21-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Aw sorry JP. I really feel for the people whose plans are ruined and who lose out when they've saved up and looked forward to something. Can't predict the weather though but I hope you salvage a Merry Christmas anyway.

Shuffy
21-12-2010, 11:23 AM

So Emma said after the curry night...

Pomp1
21-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Girlfriend is in Italy at the moment and we're not sure about the flight situation. I can only keep my fingers crossed (that she'll be stuck there for a few more days..:devil:)

He11cat
21-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Its raining here... so snow is now going..
I thought they where stopping short hauls and concentrating on long haul.... dam it knew I should have gone away... Id be stuck out there and happy!! Mind you .. would be tempted to not come back!!!
Hope you get away.. looks like no more of the white stuff so fingers crossed!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^|
| GRITTER TRUCK ‘|”"”;..,___.
|……______===|= _|__|…, ] |
“(@)’(@)”""*l'(@)l'(@)**l'(@) \\\___
F**K THE XMAS COCA COLA TRUCK - WE WANT A GRITTER TRUCK.........

Shuffy
21-12-2010, 12:11 PM
We're mean't to be off to Dublin tomorrow. If all else fails we'll go over to J.P's mansion in Lewisham Village and join the 'below stairs staff' for their Christmas 'do'. I hear the Master is most 'generous' (extra spud each) during the festive season.

steeevvvooo
21-12-2010, 12:44 PM

If that means bolting extra carbon onto the bike to compensate for all that I lose through the exhaust, then I'm neutral, and some on here are waaaaay in credit! :running:

The flight cancellation sucks though :(

samieb
21-12-2010, 12:51 PM
:cool:Well at least Virgin, had the decency to text you and ask you to stay at home.. Most airlines would've let you turn-up, said sweet FA for 48hrs whilst you slept on the floor and given you (you guessed it) sweet FA to eat and then told you your not going and you've lost your money..

I feel sick that some airlines still haven't refunded alot of people from the 'Ash Cloud' problem back in March/April...

Oh btw sorry to hear you couldn't get to your destination.. Have a good Xmas though...

:cool: :running:

gary tompkins
21-12-2010, 01:05 PM

Albie would appear to have the same problem

Sorry to hear about the scuppered travel plans Justin, and hope Shuffy fares better on Wednesday at Gatwick. More snow forecast tonight too - Arse :Furious:

J.P
21-12-2010, 02:51 PM
I've spent the whole day rebooking my holiday, and very big FINGERS CROSSED it doesn't get cancelled again.
Thanks for your kind words, and yes, at Photis Towers in Lewisham Village the staff do get a bonus, but just the one spud, wouldn't want to spoil them.

alan c
21-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Hope you get away ok Jp, have a great Christmas :yoparty:

J.P
21-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Not turning out to be so great so far. Did I mention I have the Flu too ?

johnsy
21-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Sorry to hear mate, I'm due to fly out of Gatwick on the 27th to pick my son up, dreading the idea of more cancellations...

J.P
22-12-2010, 06:30 AM
Did you know that if an airline cancels you flight that you get a full refund, nice, but did you know that the processing of the refund takes between 10 and 12 weeks...So anyone who's had to rebook with another airline has to stump up the money in the meantime.