PDA

View Full Version : Mad as a box of frogs!

Grumpy
18-12-2010, 06:39 PM
So there am I driving out of Chelmsford this afternoon, its snowing a good'n, about 2ins had fallen in an hr.What do I see traveling in the opposite direction? A GSXR600! The guy riding it has both feet down and the rear wheel spinning away trying to get some sort of traction..........mad!:banghead:

Mr Gremlin
18-12-2010, 06:58 PM
we,ve had it pretty bad for the past few weeks, but the new guy at work has been riding in everyday on his vfr (10 miles each way)......... some days ive struggled in the landrover and ive only got to go a mile and a half :)

He11cat
18-12-2010, 07:24 PM
you rang ???? sorry Mad as a box of frogs is how I am locally described...:chuckle:

I did some ice riding yesterday.. got to - 6... not the best plan.. fecking silly but had to be somewhere!!!

I went in the shop for some wasp poptarts (goes with the beetle noodles from Sains last week :( ). Came out and melted the snow off the seat with my bottom.

Ignition frozen... .. had to breath on it for nearly 10 mins and give it a good rub to melt the dam thing.

The playing dodge the black ice.. and the frozen manhole covers , I went into the petrol garage..
key in cap... aghhhhhhhhhh..... oh .... frozen solid .. so applied some hot breath for a few minutes .. no chance.

skated into garage and asked them for a kettle of water :)
defrosted poor bike went home and covered the little one up...

No snow today...... rang Croydon ... got snow!!..
looked out my window .... woooooooohoooo I got an inch in an hour ...
its very wet snow so don't think it will last long.

rac3r
18-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Sometimes believe it or not a bike is better than a car in the snow! It's only when it gets a little clear and you start to speed up I would worry.

I remember last year I hit a small patched area of snow and that was fun

gary tompkins
18-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Try telling that to my neighbour

He set out on his XT350 about 2.30pm to tackle our 1:4 hill. 10 mins later I saw him ride back round to his garage to put it away. I think it's safe to say he gave up - mind you very little else has made it up there today.

stuart
19-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Rode from Richmond to chertsey yesterday on the scooter, dumped it halfway up the m3 after I'd spun it a few times and hitched the rest of the way. Soon as I got home, pulled the husky out the shed and headed back out again, right tools for the job!

chris yeatman
19-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Try telling that to my neighbour

He set out on his XT350 about 2.30pm to tackle our 1:4 hill.

wish i still had mine to play on. :(

Yorkie
19-12-2010, 09:19 AM
had to breath on it for nearly 10 mins and give it a good rub

Hahahahaha!

I couldn't help it!

Yorkie

He11cat
19-12-2010, 01:39 PM
lol it was hard work I tell you!!!!