PDA

View Full Version : Kent 2011

alan c
18-12-2010, 01:03 PM
With 2010 nearly over i thought we can look ahead to 2011 and it would be good to get some feedback as to what the Kenties would like to do next year. If there is anywhere you would like to go or a place you would like to visit, lets sort it out.
I think it would be good to have our breakfast meets and have a rideout after.
I am sure we will also be hooking up with other areas as we did last year.
Do we stick to one cafe for the meets ? i thought Mickys Diner was good ?

Sun 9th Jan - Breakfast meet and rideout to ?
Sun 13th Feb - Breakfast meet and rideout to ?
Sun 13th March - Breakfast meet and rideout to ?
Sun 19th April - Breakfast meet and rideout to Hastings for Crazy golf ?
Mon 2nd May - Day trip to Le Touguet - bank holiday. to be arranged.
Sun 8th May - Breakfast meet and rideout to ?
Fri 27th/30th May - Arrow mill weekender
Sun 12th June - Breakfast meet and rideout to ? or Moto gp ?
Sun 10th July - Breakfast meet and rideout to Essex/Burnham on Crouch ? tbc
Sat 16th July - BBQ at Albie and Caroline,s.
Sun 7th August - Breakfast with Hants/Wilts and ride to Brighton (no naked people)
Sun 11th September - Breakfast meet and rideout to Spitfire museum and Herne bay.
Sat 17/18th September - Mob weekend
Sun 9th October - Breakfast meet and rideout to ?
Sun 13th November - Breakfast meet and rideout to ?
Sun 11th December - Breakfast meet and rideout to ?

Let me know your thoughts

Cheers

The special one :thumbsup:

J.P
19-12-2010, 03:21 PM
My UKMOC Calendar says the MOB weekender is the 17th & 18th? Or was that a guess ?

I know we've moved around a few cafe's recently but Mickey's and Nell's have been good, especially Mickey's so would be happy to make that a regular.

As for the rideouts it obviously depends on people's commitments and the weather but maybe we could fine a regular route from a cafe so that we get to go for a blast and then home if the time is more limited ? Easy to work out a few different loops , or obviously head to the coast to look at the sea.
And if we shifted the breakfast a little earlier we'd have a little more time out and about.

Albie
19-12-2010, 10:08 PM
My UKMOC Calendar says the MOB weekender is the 17th & 18th? Or was that a guess ?

I know we've moved around a few cafe's recently but Mickey's and Nell's have been good, especially Mickey's so would be happy to make that a regular.

As for the rideouts it obviously depends on people's commitments and the weather but maybe we could fine a regular route from a cafe so that we get to go for a blast and then home if the time is more limited ? Easy to work out a few different loops , or obviously head to the coast to look at the sea.
And if we shifted the breakfast a little earlier we'd have a little more time out and about.

Im probably not taxing mine until March next year. See what January weather offers me first. Im probably having bbq on Saturday the 16th July 2011 if anyones interested.

I wonder if anyone wants to do a Chatham Dockyard visit sometime. Theres a cafe nearby before the tunnel if needed but a nice day wuld be good.

Other than that SEASIDE rendezvous please

Brooklands meet up with Hampsters and we should maybe have GT organise a paintball with or Hampster friends sometime maybe.

scrapps
20-12-2010, 10:43 AM
I would join a visit to Chatham's hysterical dogyard sorry dockyard :look:
And happy to sort a run to the coast and maybe the Spitfire museum.

Jan (Belgium)
20-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Just to take any doubt away,

MOB "monster day" is september 18th as J.P.indicated

Best regards,
Jan,

J.P
20-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Alan C, call yourself as leader ???????

alan c
20-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Just keeping you on your toes :o

Grumpy
20-12-2010, 07:51 PM
I would join you guys on a day out to Chatham(my great grandfather was based there) and to the Spitfire museum.
Have you considered a day out to Dover Castle or Brighton on the Rockers revival weekend in sept? I believe its on the 14th of sept( If it does'nt clash with Belgium.)
Shuffy also had a chat with me about possibly taking you guys around some of the more interesting roads in Essex/Suffolk, depending on how far you would like to travel, I could basis the day a round a 'caslte tour' Pencil a date in if your interested.

alan c
21-12-2010, 04:34 PM
That sounds great Grumpy, will pm you so we can sort out a good month etc. We could meet for breakfast then you can sort out a nice ride :thumbsup:

Gadget
21-12-2010, 09:01 PM
A doughnut run to Brighton Pier.

scrapps
22-12-2010, 11:15 AM

I like the sound of that....Maybe a drink at the pier bar

gary tompkins
22-12-2010, 11:08 PM

+1 to all of the above - especially the shift to Nell's or Micky's

I'm not missing the crappy car park or huge queues at the Oakdene at all

MilesB
23-12-2010, 12:01 PM
It was traditional, although the last time we did it, it was just scrapps, Susan and me...

alan c
26-12-2010, 12:52 PM
We went to Brighton this year, we meet up with the Hampshire/wiltshire crew for breakfast and then rode into Brighton. Had a suprise when naked cyclists parade turned up, never seen Caroline move so fast with her Camera :look:

SEAGULLS :woot:

uksurfer
26-12-2010, 06:44 PM
. Had a suprise when naked cyclists parade turned up, SEAGULLS :woot:

it was no surprise, you organised it Alan :look:

chris yeatman
26-12-2010, 08:50 PM
We went to Brighton this year, we meet up with the Hampshire/wiltshire crew for breakfast and then rode into Brighton.

damm good day tho, and the sun was out! :woot:

gary tompkins
07-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Just noticed Chris has posted this up in the wilts/hants chat

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showpost.php?p=372972&postcount=32

http://www.gurstondown.org/

Shuffy mentioned doing a hillclimb - maybe it would be a good one for a joint gathering?

scrapps
08-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Looks like it could be a good day out. And another new motor sport for me to go and see.
(trying to see one new type of motor sport each year) :thumbsup:

alan c
09-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Have updated list after meeting this morning :thumbsup:

J.P
09-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Good to see everyone with another good turnout.
Alan C
Scrapps
Albie
Stevoo
Gary T
J.P
Shuffy
BigOz
Gadget
Ladybird

And plenty of ideas for the year ahead.

gary tompkins
09-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Apologies for 4 wheeled wimp out. I was up for trike today until I saw the frosty/salt covered roads this morning. It was a good turnout with quality banter, even if did have to endure Shuffy's Garmin paperweight saga.. just kidding mate & hope you get it fixed ASAP ;)

Just noticed Chris has posted this up in the wilts/hants chat

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showpost.php?p=372972&postcount=32

http://www.gurstondown.org/

Shuffy mentioned doing a hillclimb - maybe it would be a good one for a joint gathering?

Hadn't spotted this event is same weekend as Albie's BBQ.. so probably a non-starter for the Kenties for that reason. Pity as I really fancied a bit of hill climb action :( The 29th May event clashes with Arrow Mill, and other dates in June or August don't mention any bikes competing

uksurfer
09-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Apologies for 4 wheeled wimp out. I was up for trike today until I saw the frosty/salt covered roads this morning. It was a good turnout with quality banter, even if did have to endure Shuffy's Garmin paperweight saga.. just kidding mate & hope you get it fixed ASAP ;)

Hadn't spotted this event is same weekend as Albie's BBQ.. so probably a non-starter for the Kenties for that reason. Pity as I really fancied a bit of hill climb action :( The 29th May event clashes with Arrow Mill, and other dates in June or August don't mention any bikes competing

Not sure how it will work, but thinking the bbq on the Saturday and hill climb sunday

ladybird
09-01-2011, 07:31 PM
So we're all going deaf and speedway is like speedway :)

alan c
09-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Have changed August meet to first Sunday so we can meet up with Hants/Wilts for breakfast and Brighton.

Hope ok with you all ?

Shuffy
09-01-2011, 07:53 PM
So we're all going deaf and speedway is like speedway :)

Speak up I can't hear you - I appear to have a Garmin 'paperweight' stuck in my ear.

Apologies to all for long and tedious pants Satnav story, I clearly really don't get out much these days.

gary tompkins
09-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Not sure how it will work, but thinking the bbq on the Saturday and hill climb sunday

I know the two events don't actually clash

Just that being on same weekend it may limit numbers wanting to do both events

gary tompkins
16-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Alan, are you going to update the list with the Brands Hatch event?

any more dates to go up yet?

alan c
16-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Will do Gary, is tomorrow night on ??

alan c
16-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Extra date added,June 25/26th, please see other thread.

Fri 27th/30th May - Arrow mill weekender
Sun 12th June - Breakfast meet and rideout to Hastings, crazt golf ?
Sat/Sun 25/26th June - Brands Hatch - Modified Weekend - UKMOC stand to display bikes.
Sun 10th July - Breakfast meet and rideout to Essex/Burnham on Crouch ? tbc
Sat 16th July - BBQ at Albie and Caroline,s.
Sun 7th August - Breakfast with Hants/Wilts and ride to Brighton (no naked people)
Sun 11th September - Breakfast meet and rideout to Spitfire museum and Herne bay.
Sat 17/18th September - Mob weekend
Sun 9th October - Breakfast meet and rideout to ?
Sun 13th November - Breakfast meet and rideout to ?
Sun 11th December - Breakfast meet and rideout to ?

gary tompkins
16-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Will do Gary, is tomorrow night on ??

I had forgotton until Albie reminded me tonight

I'll call Andy and get back to you ASAP