PDA

View Full Version : Missing calendars

Albie
16-12-2010, 09:49 PM
I may have an issue with the possibility of once again wrong calendar sent to wrong person. I did it last year due too posting 90 and 1 single slip up.
I double checked and also Caroline checked names and calendars before sealing so I dont know how or if its occurred.
But due to the orders only being for the right amount I have to get sent the right amount to right people. If for any reason you get sent 3 and should have got 1 please contact me and I will pay the postage for you to resend to Samie. Please dont sell or keep as this is important to me not to let anyone down due to the possibility of an error which has gutted me as I try so hard to get right.
Thanks in advance

Albs :worried::worried:

Rally
16-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Albie, the task you and your Helpers have in doing this is appreciated by all I'm sure. I'm sure the missing ones will be accounted for soon. :)

Gutsy
17-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Hi Albie
You have turned yourself inside out to get this done so well ... but mine hasn't arrived - although the post has been so sporadic that I got post last Sunday. So I'm sure it's on it's way still and will let you know when it's landed. Many thanks for personally taking charge and all the love and care you have put into making it right for everyone.
Cheers Gutsy

uksurfer
17-12-2010, 08:30 AM
i'm sure its a problem with the post more than anything, i am still awaiting stuff to arrive which was shipped ages ago.

samieb
17-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Albie,

I'm sure its a genuine mistake, so don't worry too much and I realise it can be a difficult responsibility. I thought initially you had sent out 2 envelopes as not sure that 3 would fit into 1. However Geoff (Buzzbomb) and I would be greatful if the others arrived or were posted onto either Geoff or myself. Just PM 1 of us for address details please.

Thanks
Samieb

utopia
17-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Don't panic, Albie. There must be lots still out there in the christmas post. Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I'm sure it will, and if the envelope contains extra copies then you can be sure they will be forwarded to the correct address (and no need to refund postage btw).
Thanks again for your sterling work. ...very much appreciated. ...this type of stuff is the life blood of a good club, such as this surely is........:thumbsup:

Gutsy
17-12-2010, 10:39 AM
GOT MINE AT THE OFFICE !!! T H A N K Y O U. It's amazing - really top quality. Well done for a sterling job.

Albie
17-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys but seriously I thought I had got it correct this year. Its later than last year and had to get right on it. I did put a card in everybodys except that Samies had his name and Geoffs ( Buzzbomb ) as he was giving one to him . So you will know whose you have. The rest approx 50 just had a card signed by me and caroline no names.

Once again I would appreciate if I could find the error to fix it.I have a contingency plan of another kind member who has offered one of his and I have also got one of mine I had planned to send to Ducati UK which is sitting parceled up. Its just a shame they may not get one.
Thanks all
Albs

samieb
17-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Albie,

Maybe the post hasn't delivered everybodies yet so may need to just see what happens over the weekend.. A few days won't matter...

BluprintZ
17-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Due to an horrendous amount of snow overnight here, the postie has not been, so i'll let you know when mine arrive.

G ; )

Hoolie
18-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Not got mine yet but I'm sure that's probably due to the post and the weather.

He11cat
18-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Im sure they will turn up.
Post is very sporadic in areas..
I have done a lot of fleabaying these last few weeks .. clearing out stuff to help make Hector well again in spring.
The only pack that went missing turned up 2 weeks later.

Sometimes things do walk sadly and if you sent 90 out knowing Royal Mail one pack will walk.
Ive had one pack in 50 walk...

I am missing two packets at the moment .. but coming to me rather then me sending.

I always get proof of postage as well.. so it has the cost of the postage and the postcode on it.
Its a faff and the counter doesn't like doing it but you have all the receipts with a postcode on it and the price. Then you could tell hopefully what packs had one calendar and a higher price for 2 calendars.

I had 55 packs to do the other week (boy was I popular!!!! with the que and the staff :( its business for heavens sake!).

You then have where the heavier ones went as you have the post code and post cost and then can look back at the order as say .. aha they have the extra one ..!

I never used to bother with proof of postage but sadly (I am sure that is not the case on here!) ebayers are not always honest... so I cover my arse all the time now.

Its easy to make a mistake I have before now sent the wrong parcel to someone but got it sorted!!!
We are all human.. and you have done all this out of the goodness of your heart.
If it was mine that went missing I wouldn't be cross with you..
Things happen.. and its a mad time of year..
Don't beat yourself up about it :)

If it wasn't for you two putting hours of hard work into it.. picking them up and posting them out we wouldn't have our nice calendars!! .. I would be looking at roundabouts of Great Britain or something.

I think inland is 14 days before it is classed as lost ..
You have not been paid to do all this running about and sorting stuff.. I would like to see anyone doing any better at this calendar lark as I couldn't!!

Pat on the back is due to you both and I would be very stunned if somebody moaned at having one lost or one late... if they do then :( shame... that person should get the job of posting next time.
Its a faff and takes a lot of time!!!
Don't panic and do as your avitar says !
If after 14 days things are missing then the post monster has got the packs.... and you can claim refund back

DaffyDuc
18-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Albie,
They'll turn up, I'm waiting for several things including these but post has been really patchy, we are only about 5 miles out of Bath but as we are side of valley and not gritted we get stuck evey snowfall. As Hellcat says you do a cracking job from start to finish.

gary tompkins
18-12-2010, 06:37 PM
If after 14 days things are missing then the post monster has got the packs.... and you can claim refund back

Sadly that isn't always the case

Even when things have been sent recorded, you'll be lucky to get a refund on the postage, let alone the item itself. I speak from bitter experience of fighting muppets at Royal mail/parcel force several times, only to get sweet FA in return. They really don't give a sh1t these days

Only way to cover your arse is via recorded and insured delivery, and at least you have more chance of a full refund. But... and here's the real joke.. I have been told it can take over 3 months to get paid out.

Service with a smile?

I don't think so :grump:

He11cat
18-12-2010, 07:31 PM
I have been lucky and had a cheque plop through the door a few times now..
But like you say takes ages!!!!!...

I think they are getting worse.. and less helpful.

The best one is .. now you can pay for things to be insured .. but if its deemed fragile or breakable they won't pay out!!!!.... so what's the point in paying!!

The worst one I had was I had a chandelier being delivered from Germany ..
The morons despite it having fragile glass all over it threw it over a 6ft gate!!!!

I picked it up and there was a nice chinkety chink sound... I rang and complained but as it was a fragile item they wouldn't pay out!! I said your driver threw it over a 6ft drop!!!!!.. when it had fragile glass all over it... idiot..

Albie
20-12-2010, 09:28 PM
As I they dont appear to have shown up, Im guessing they were chavved during the postal system sadly. I guess thats the risk we take but what can I do. Next year I will try to figure out a way of sealing the envelope better but it all adds to the cost. What I cant fathom out is that I got caroline to check them and this one was the only one with 2 christmas cards personally named. Did they not appear with two calendars removed ???:scratch::scratch:
The postman even bent it to get it through letter box. Wouldn't have done that with three.Maybe it popped open then and he liked them so much :D:D. New member joins up soon by name of POSTIE :look:

Anyway thanks to all those who offered their spares to me I owe you one for your kindness.

Hopefully all will be righted soon

Cheers guys

buzzbomb
20-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Andy don't worry about the callenders, we all know you do your best and in the great scheme of things afew missing callenders are small fry when you see the disruption on the news, I'm just glad that theres guys like you in our club.

As for a new member named "Postie" we already have one as Babs (her who shall be obeyed) was a sub post mistress for 39years and alot of my mates have given her that nick name.

Happy Christmas mate...G

walpole68
21-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Still no calender here in deepest darkest wiltshire.bit of snow and the country comes to a halt.

Rally
21-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Mine arrived yesterday thanks guys, but of course I now remember that I asked them to go to my works address which is in Berkshire. Come on Wiltshire posties, what the matter with you? :D

A great calendar and well worth waiting for.............

DaffyDuc
21-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Still waiting here but we've not seen a postman since last Thursday! I'm confident they'll arrive.

satan916
21-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Likewise,still waiting
Ho Ho Ho!

DaffyDuc
21-12-2010, 01:53 PM
The postie has just been - the lanes are obviosly passable now, and delivered my three calendars. Looks very good, once again irritated with myself for not doing the pics - would have looked good in March.
Well done Albie and that's one less order to worry about.

BluprintZ
21-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Still waiting here but we've not seen a postman since last Thursday! I'm confident they'll arrive.

Same here.

G ; )

SlowLearner
22-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Mine came no problem !

Thanks for the sterling work Albie !

Albie
24-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Right can I make this clear. It turns out the said 3 calendars have NOT been stolen or opened , they may have just not arrived as yet. If any postie was offended by this I apologize for the misinformation I was given. They still haven't arrived as yet but it turns out the calendar Samie got was one sent to him from Ducati Leeds and was a Moto GP one and NOT a UKMOC one.

Yes I was confused too but hopefully they will arrive soon. Can I say thanks to all those who kindly offered me their spares and if all goes ok with them arriving there maybe 1 or 2 available for resale as 2 are still unpaid for.
I have Lucky and Stafford on the list so far.

Thanks also for the 100% positive comments your all giving it.

Rally
24-12-2010, 03:09 PM
You can add me on the list for another if one is going spare Albie. :)

Albie
07-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Anymore news of calendars that were delayed due to weather/delivery.

Please also check as last year that Postie didnt leave you a postal card due to size of packet.

buzzbomb
07-01-2011, 05:05 PM
I spoke with Sam this afternoon and as yet no calenders..:cry: he went down to the PO last weekend to ask but nothing doing, looks like they've done a bunk..:banghead:

Char
07-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Parcelforce have 22 trailers of post/packages from before christmas that arent even on the system, I sent something on the 22nd on a two day service, it arrived yesterday

gary tompkins
07-01-2011, 05:38 PM
I posted a parcel out 1st class recorded on 23rd December

As yet it still hasn't arrived at destination - poxy Royal Mail :banghead:

Albie
21-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Hope they landed as thats all I had.

Capo
21-01-2011, 06:57 PM
If its any consolation, I sent one of the calendars to a friend in the USA before Xmas and yup it has not arrived. I got about a 50% record on things that I post arriving at all!!!

buzzbomb
21-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Well Andy 3 calenders had been delivered to Sams house on wednesday when he arrived home from work and guess what 3 more arrived at my house this morning, I'll give you a call later this evening...Geoff