PDA

View Full Version : Calendar 2011 comment thread please

Albie
15-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I would hope by tomorrow you should have started to recieve the calendars across the nation. I would also appreciate that I know they have landed. If you wish to comment please do on here .
Hope your all pleased with it.
Thanks

Gordon H
15-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Spoiler alert!!!!!! NOOOOO!!! Spoil the surprise at the Hamster crimbo do on Sunday........ :cry:

chris yeatman
15-12-2010, 06:14 PM
good point gord,

please post after sunday
looking forward to seing mine on sunday, can't wait!!

Rally
15-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Want mine before Sunday, otherwise the postage was a waste and I can't wind you lot up!!!! lol

Char
15-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Crikey - better do an Advent Calendar next year

He11cat
16-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Mines arrived :thumbsup: il stay stum ... I was going to tease you and say wow Mr Dec has been down the gym :) but I won't mess about for once.

Sterling work and it brightened up a rainy day in Suffolk .. thank you for all the time and effort you have out into it first class once again! x

jimz750
16-12-2010, 09:50 AM
:yoparty:Received today - Sterling Job Albie.
Christmas present to me - Yay:yoparty:

JaKS
16-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Received mine this morning, well done Albie, good work.

R U doing one next year??

Merry Christmas.

JerryT
16-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Got mine at work this morning! THANKYOU!!

It's brill! Well done guys, give yourselves a hearty pat on the back for me.

Hope to see you on SUNDAY!

:booze: :biggrin:

Kerry
16-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Still waiting. Keep looking out for postman.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, getting so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerry :chuckle:

Pomp1
16-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Got mine, thanks for the effort guys, now for the comments: surely is a big improvement on last year (even thought that last year was a damn good effort), the whole thing is brilliant! Nice to see some of the new bikes in it too..

uksurfer
16-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Mines just arrived, even though i had seen it a few weeks ago on the computer, having it in a full A3 colour it is superb,
Good work you two, and looking forward to having it open on the 1st Jan,

really surprised to see my bike in it again, 3 times, many thanks!
:ukm:

gregski
16-12-2010, 03:31 PM
got mine today looks awesome love the design and picks.
very good job also thanks for a x-mas card

Merry Christmas Everyone

Kerry
16-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Just got mine this second. :thumbsup: Postman rather late but its worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its excellent and feel proud to be part of a great club. Keep up the hard work for next year as you have my vote already. Thanks to all who helped put this together its awesome.

Kerry

Merry Christmas to you all :booze:

Ralphie
16-12-2010, 06:27 PM
The calendar arrived today fantastic quality :cool:

Paranoid Dave
16-12-2010, 08:21 PM
got mine, what a shock to find a pic of me in it with the bunny on the back, cool.

Albie
16-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks guys for the nice positive comments. It is a pleasure this bit reading your pleased and consider its worth it. A bespoke calender just for you guys.

Yes I would like to do another and I hope Chris would again give his talents to us again next year. Dont forget the pictures need to be taken through out the year through 4 seasons if possible. Snow is good.

Kerry
17-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Hi Albie, already got camera out for those good shots for the next one.:chuckle:

Thanks for all your hard work.

Kerry

Shuffy
17-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, many thanks for all your kind words, I think we're both delighted you all (so far) seem to like it. If I may, I'd just like to say a few thank you's (in no particular order):

• Albie - for all his hard work, support and patience working with me (not easy, trust me).
• Our secret 'Fact Finders' - Many thanks for helping us out at short notice, you know who you are!
• Everyone who submitted pictures - Absolutely brilliant photography, you should all be very proud.
• Our buying public - Thank you all so much for backing this up with your hard earned...

And as they say, 'the pleasure is in the making'. Happy Christmas one and all.

Right, I'm off to Calendar Rehab…

Capo
17-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Received this morning. A real professional job both in content and quality. Thanks Albie and Shuffy

rossifumi
17-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Received mine today...most excellant and a little piccy of my yellow 600 on the yellow March month page.

Thanks very muchly

Gordon H
17-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Received mine today...most excellant and a little piccy of my yellow 600 on the yellow March month page.

Thanks very muchly

Doh!!! Yellow - March...... what a give away.......:banghead:

that only leaves 11 other months for the great unwashed to ponder till they recieve the goods.........

Rally
17-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Shall we guess white for December then?

rossifumi
17-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Shall we guess white for December then?

Or Red? can't remember now but there is a white month too

The spooky thing is...my surname is March too!! der der der

uksurfer
17-12-2010, 02:52 PM
hang on Gordon, i'm sure theres more months....
white bikes are on june....... :thumbsup:

Panther
17-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Just had a peek at calendar and thought it looks great! good work guys.

This will teach me to submit photo's stupidly late (the problems with working away on rotation, sometimes it hard to plan things) Still happy I made it into last years though.

vtaggart
17-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Got mine today over the pond here in Norn Iron, very professional job go to the top of the class and collect a gold star A+++++ :cool:

Thanks to taking the time to organise well worth the efforts.

Vince

Rally
17-12-2010, 06:28 PM
It seems Wiltshire is the slow County then. :( Hopefully tomorrow..................

uksurfer
17-12-2010, 06:34 PM
It seems Wiltshire is the slow County then. :( Hopefully tomorrow..................

it might have been quicker if you had yours on Sunday!!
Its worth the wait, just hang in there! Our postie has been coming round later and later this week.......

Gordon H
17-12-2010, 06:35 PM
It seems Wiltshire is the slow County then

Thought that was Chris on the twisty bits............ :rolleyes:

Stafford
17-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Last chance Saturday! :rolleyes:

He can go slow in straight lines as well, ask Liz. :biggrin:

gary tompkins
17-12-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm still shocked to see how many times I featured this year. I new the Ann Summers catalogue modelling, and gym sessions would payoff eventually. Anyway as said before - top quality job again guys :thumbsup:

Oh and Rally.. Whiltshire is slow :fou:

Possibly due to number of tractors on the road or quantity of Devizes water that get's drunk

Stafford
17-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Oh and Rally.. Whiltshire is slow :fou:

Just like your spelling GT :chuckle:

chris yeatman
17-12-2010, 10:10 PM

following u gord!! :chuckle:

gary tompkins
17-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Just like your spelling GT :chuckle:

DOH! :dunce:

DaffyDuc
17-12-2010, 10:16 PM

Somerset doesn't seem to be any faster! perhaps tomorrow - snow permitting.:worried:

weimeranerman
17-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Well, I just received this rather big package through the post. Had to widen my door to fit a new letter box pdq, so that the poor old postie could lighten his load (no s******s please!)

The envelope had the biggest stamp on it in the world.................. I thought stamps sort of represented the coutries they were from rather than the other way around!

How much do they cost? .................... kinnell l!!!!!!!!

Read (pronounce as 'red') comments on here and got to be honest, in my youf I used to be a bit of a mans man............... NO!! Not like that!!!!!!! What do you think I am?

Don't answer that!!!

Well you know, the kind that grabbed hold of your shorts from between your legs when packing down and then proceeded to play with odd shaped balls!

OK, maybe that's not the best description in the world........

what was that old piece of advice about stop digging!l! ............... (and for God's sake don't mention fork handles)!

Change subject fast....................

You know you can do this ................... just remember that public speaking course you did in 19XX ...................

Now you are rambling............

Well, all I wanted to say was that last years looked pretty damn good and by the size of it and that stamp (btw how much did THAT cost?) I can't wait!. But being a bit on the masochistic side, I have decided to wait until at least Christmas Day to unwrap the offering.............

Anyway enough of that digestive biscuit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albie and Shuffy thanks a million - it sounds as if it is an absolute masterpiece!
I will spend ages trying to find a suitably prominent place to put it on display (oh and I had better find somewhere to put that damn calendar too!)

Thanks fellow Ducatisti!

Oh bugger - I got that wrong didn't I ------- - - - - - - that's the other side, init!

Thanks a bunch Monster(ati)? Or whatever.............

It's still good in here!

But I'm sure someone will come along and correct me very soon!

utopia
18-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Mine's just arrived, all present and correct.
Awesome.
Thanks very much (again) to all concerned.
I'm definitely planning a photo shoot to try and get my bike featured next year..(you are going to do another next year, aren't you? ....please)

Albie
18-12-2010, 05:05 PM
I take it no ones had two extra then. Im getting suspicious you see because I tried to be perfect this year. I hoping I got it right and some thieving scumbag nicked it out of said envelope before posting through door or in sorting. Never want to assume anyone would and do hope its not and all will be sorted and a genuine mistake.

Thanks all again for great comments and I do hope all others land soon and also hope its drivable tommorrow for the FREE delivery otherwise you will all have to pay for envelopes and postage Im afraid.:banghead:

weimeranerman
18-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Just read your post Albie so thought I had better open mine now just in case. Sorry only one included!

But realised there was a little extra included - a Christmas card!

Merry Christmas to you both too!

Albie
18-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Just read your post Albie so thought I had better open mine now just in case. Sorry only one included!

But realised there was a little extra included - a Christmas card!

Merry Christmas to you both too!

Oh thanks. Sorry to spoil your surprise though. Hope it was worth it. :rolleyes:

Pomp1
18-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks a bunch Monster(ati)? Or whatever.............

Monsteristi..:rolleyes:

weimeranerman
19-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Excellent! and some great photos!
:
Monsteristi it is!
:D

MrsC_772
19-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Very impressed!

Though I've not got mine yet, Gutsy brought hers along to the Hampster Christmas lunch so we were all able to admire Albie and Shuffy's thoroughly professional handiwork.

Stafford
19-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Looks great you two, so well done to Shuffy and Albs.
Got any spare?

big pete
20-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Mine arrived on its own today and I have to say its brilliant!!!! even better than last year ........maybe because mines in it:woot:.
Seriously tho lovely personal touch on the last page which demonstrates the character and people in the best forum Ive had the pleasure of being part off.

Rally
20-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Hi Albie & Shuffy,
I recieved my two today as well and think you have done a great job of them. One will take pride of place at home and the other at work. Cheers Guys. :D

Albie
20-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Mine arrived on its own today and I have to say its brilliant!!!! even better than last year ........maybe because mines in it:woot:.
Seriously tho lovely personal touch on the last page which demonstrates the character and people in the best forum Ive had the pleasure of being part off.

I wondered if anyone would notice that. I wasn't sure if shuffy would allow me to express my personal sadness. I thought it was the best way to show it. Glad you like it Pete and good to see the 900 in print at last. Looks great and thanks for sharing it with us.

Jan (Belgium)
21-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Mine arrived yesterday, together with a christmas card.
It looks stunning, thank you very much

Looking forward to the 2012 version :)

Jan,

S4Rs MacK
21-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Woohoo, got mine today. Albie and Shuffy what a brilliant job you made of it. Wondered how you could top last years but you did. May have something to do with my baby being featured....thanks very much.
And thank you to Albie and Caroline for the Xmas card too.
I would like to wish all members of the UKMOC and their families the very best for the festive season and 2011.
Cheers all, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Dean (S4Rs MacK) and his family.

john fisherman
21-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi Albie.

Mine arrived today, all OK.

Look forward to hanging it in pride of place in the office - everbody who comes in will then know what they are missing in their life!!!

Cheers

JH

Paranoid Dave
21-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Mine are in the envelope behind a chair in the study, next to last years. Maybe I'll actually hang it up this year?

LouSCannon
23-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Calendar received today, thanks Albie, looks the dogs.

And this year I get to hang it where I want too, so it has pride of place in the kitchen!

samieb
23-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Seeing that yours has arrived today Jim, Hopefully mine has too. Won't know though till I've finished work..

Gordon H
23-12-2010, 11:50 AM
I'll get my copies from Martin - saw Alisons copy on Sunday - very pro job!!

Well done guys........ next project UKMOC yearbook?? :D

Cheers

G

Rally
23-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Woohoo, got mine today. Albie and Shuffy what a brilliant job you made of it. Wondered how you could top last years but you did. May have something to do with my baby being featured....thanks very much.
Dean (S4Rs MacK) and his family.

Next time do some weeding first and pull out that dandilion! :look:

singletrack
23-12-2010, 12:14 PM
My calendar has arrived and looks great - especially December!

Thanks Albie and everyone else who helped to organise it.:D

He11cat
23-12-2010, 12:17 PM
I showed it to another graphic designer thumbs up it got!
I shall be hanging mine but can't bring my self to write on it.
I nearly spat my tea out when I saw April thankyou .
It makes all the mare of a time I've had with him worth while and thanks to Andy Grumpy and the Spanky clan and Carl Harrison for all your help it's very very much appreciated.
Don't worry it will get shinier , and maybe louder .. And well hmmm .
All the bikes are first class and a pleasure to look at .
Thanks last years went up so will this years :)

BluprintZ
23-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Both of mine arrived at dinnertime today.

Well done Albie and the Shuffster, deffinately a brilliant job.

G ; )

satan916
23-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Panic over, mine arrived today WOOHOO! well worth the wait !!!

:hail: Albie

Hoolie
23-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Got mine today - FANTASTIC :woot:

My girl is a cover star :)

Thanks for all the effort and the Christams card - much appreciated

JMo
23-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Magnificent effort again fellas (and everyone involved)...

November is a highlight, obviously...

The dedication on the last page was perfect x

You should be very proud!

Merry Christmas all!

Jenny x

Albie
24-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Magnificent effort again fellas (and everyone involved)...

November is a highlight, obviously...

The dedication on the last page was perfect x

You should be very proud!

Merry Christmas all!

Jenny x

I am very proud as always Jen.I wanted your bike in there last year. The reason you got a page was because its a beautiful example of simplistic awesomeness.

Caroline would like to also say thank you for thinking she's worthy of helping but really its just me and Shuffy. She just puts up with my moods and worries.

The other persons involved are The Calendar Printers who again did a sterling print job so please dont be afraid to use them direct for stuff. They are based in Reading btw.

chris yeatman
29-12-2010, 07:51 PM
finally got mine today from uksurfer (cheers martin)

albie, shuffy, great job as always, cant wait for january to come.

Char
29-12-2010, 08:01 PM
got mine as well - cheers all

Gordon H
29-12-2010, 08:05 PM
got mine as well - cheers all

Thanks to the UKMOC logistics solutions dept, I now have both of mine - cool!!!