PDA

View Full Version : East Anglian Meetings

Mohawk
08-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Hi all, I guess it's quite hard trying to organise dates, venues etc to please everyone. However, it would be good to make some plans for 2011. If anyone fancies getting involved there is a get together being planned for Saturday 8th January, details below.

This meeting is to try to organise an East Anglian group so if you're interested either turn up or PM me if you can't make the first meeting and I'll share your thoughts and get back to you.

Duke Of York Public house, Ditchingham (Beside Bungay). 8pm Saturday 8/01/11. The pub is 100yds on the b1332 off chicken roundabout, This should make it easy to get to and find. They have a large carpark at the front of the pub. This is a gravel carpark, Although it is very hard best to bring Stand cups just in case. I reckon I'll be taking the car this time.

Tea, Coffee, Wines beers and spirits will be available as well as food.

Any questions etc please get in touch

Kerry
09-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi Mohawk as i said would love to meet up and maybe you can help find me a job if i have no joy by then.
Have you heard from anyone else yet?

Be good to have some thing to look forward to after christmas.

See ya soon

Kerry

electech7
09-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Hello Mohawk, I am a newby monster owner, would be good to get a local group together, i live in Carlton Colville will meet u on 8th of Jan' as long as work allow's.

Nonnie
09-12-2010, 05:02 PM
I only lives a few miles from the roundabout of chickens. I think my husband was planning on coming through Ducatisti (Topolino). I might come too. It's nice to see something happening in Norfolk. :)

He11cat
09-12-2010, 05:41 PM
I'd like to see stuff happening Gremlin organised the sunday meets and a couple of us showed up .. Even though I am SUffolk!

I will warn you at gone 9pm the roads on any bike are like an ice rink at the mo be
careful.
I don't know what I am doing yet ... Omg a sat nite with no Guinness !!!
Wouldn't be on the Monster not risking him on black ice!!!

gremlin
11-12-2010, 09:43 AM
I'd not read the post properly and must admit a night time meet in winter doesn't appeal. I hope you have better luck organising things, I've tried but only Hellcat and Andy P bothered to turn up to the Sunday get togethers and Neil hasn't had any takers for his Necton meets as far as I know. I know Grumpy has also tried to get stuff going and would have been to my meets but he'd arranged to go to Belgium on the date of the first one and had family do on the second and after that as nobody had bothered I gave up. Hopefully your face fits this site and you'll be more successful.

He11cat
11-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Maybe cause it's winter time:(
I know where you live Gremlin .. :)
I squish my face at your window until I'm let in x

it's a bit sad that you have Kenties and Hamsters having a good go of it and us East Anglian lot :( having said that geographicaly living here is a pain in the ass at it takes up an hour to get out if East Anglia before we get anywhere.
We have good seaside places.. Abait Jayswick ?? Never been but told not to go!

I have to admit I'm guilty as Sunday mornings for me is hopless as often up to no good sat night.

It's a shame.... We have so much chips and icecream up here!!! (maybe I need to move away from the icecream :) ).

It's a shame we didn't have an Xmas meal as well but after well nobody did anything I didn't bring it up.
If there stuff in Suffolk il shout we got to the Fu's bike show last year.
Oi Yorkie come back!!!! Lol

gremlin
11-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I had thought of suggesting a meet up for christmas but I didn't think there was much point after the apathy shown. No doubt the usual suspects will be banging on my door during the hols and a warm welcome will be given as usual! I'm sure it must be almost time for another curry sesh too.
I agree we are rather out on a limb but Grumpy found a good spot for an East Anglian meet which wasn't too difficult for anyone to get to from Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex or Cambs but the response was underwhelming. Admittedly it wasn't so good in iffy weather as there was no indoor seating but on those occasions the Little Thief over the road would have done.
I guess I was spoilt when a Sports Six member, we met up without fail every third Sunday all year and during the summer went to numerous shows and we rarely had less than ten turn up whatever the weather. Admittedly in winter a lot of the club cars were tucked up in bed but that didn't matter so long as we all got together, we also had a meeting the first monday of the month if I remember and they were usually pretty crowded too. Admittedly each Sunday we went to a different pub in the area for lunch which was fine as we were all within Norfolk but I don't see why that couldn't be translated to East Anglia although if too far away I'd struggle to get there on the bike sometimes. I guess we'll have to see what next year brings although I have to admit I'm getting pretty disillusioned with things and am tempted to go back to Sports Six even though my car is mothballed for the forseeable future.

Mohawk
11-12-2010, 06:06 PM
As Nonnie has mentioned this meet is also being planned through Ducatisti so hopefully between both forums we'll see some turn out.

Gremlin I agree that a winter evening isn't ideal, so I'll take the car to this 1st meet. However, I think it's a good chance to go and meet others and to share our ideas for when the better weather comes back.

Hellcat, appreciate you've further to come, however if you don't make this meeting I 'll mention we've some interest from your side of the Region and so maybe we can organise some ride outs in your direction.

Hopefully some of you will make the night but plse dont worry if you don't get there. I'll post up details of any plans made. Till then have a good Xmas and very Merry Hogmany

He11cat
11-12-2010, 06:55 PM
We shall see what next year brings..
A few of you are sadly stuck with me as I like you...You poor unfortunates
Anyone going this way feel free to pm me .. Even if you want a brew or in better weather go and tease the folks at the local bike shop there's a good burger van and can always ride out to seaside for chips .
I'm not flash .. I'm a scruffy oik with funny hair :) take me or leave me lol..
Sorry no dianese for me I'm too dumpy and short they don't make nice gear for ompa loompas... My Guinness awaits :)

utopia
11-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Hope you get a good turnout.
It would be great for us east midlanders if there were regular east anglian meets cos it would give us a good excuse for a summer seaside rideout. :thumbsup:
Bit far (and salty!) in the winter though.

Grumpy
12-12-2010, 09:45 AM
As Gremlin has pointed out, we have tried orginizing a regular meet before, but due to the size of East Anglia, the turn out has been 'poor'.
The run outs to Southwold for fish and chips,on the other hand,have had a good turn out at times.
Combining a meet with Ducatsti is a good idea, hopefully this will tempt poeple out from in front of the box on a winters evening.
Depending on work. i'll see if I can make the 8th( the joys of being self employed!)

Nonnie
12-12-2010, 10:00 AM
It's not about tempting me away from the box of an evening, it's about combining 3 children, jobs, a husband who works away and many many other things that conspire against me. And I wouldn't dream of riding my bike of a cold Winters evening - that's not my idea of fun. (If I go, I'll most definitely be in the warm, cosy car)
As is always the case with me, I don't commit to much because something else generally gets in the way.
I gave up being a rep for Norfolk not because the turn out was poor (which generally was the case) but because I couldn't commit to the ride outs if I should plan them anyway. Certainly some had a great turn out, a nice sunny hot day ride out to the coast is always going to attract more people.
It ended up being if you plan something and you want some company, then post up about it and see who's available.
I'm just not active enough or free enough to commit to much.
That's not because your face doesn't fit or I'm apathetic....

Paranoid Dave
12-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Long ago when knights were bold and I was the suffolk rep, we organised meets and would do 5 or 6 decent meets in a summer and most weekends two or more of us would be out somewhere. Now though situations have changed, I can't be ar$ed and would rather meet up with my friends when I can to be sociable, not just to ride.
If you want to go for a ride and meet others, if they don't turn up you've still been for a ride :D Somehow I don't think my bikes going to see much use this side of the mill.

He11cat
12-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Oh dear.. :(
I can understand all of this I have to juggle work, family , other mates wanting to do stuff (more so in summer) I am on my own so everything is down to me and yes I work my ass off to keep everybody happy and run a home.

.Things crop up and sometimes I am just too ill.. I have to just do stuff quite often ad hock when I can.
If my head plays up I just can't see to ride.. and that can strike me in hours and its a worry for me sometimes.
But I do try. Coupled with my poxy bike which I love but is not playing ball and being a total mare to say the least.
I have tried to get to things then ended up on a flat bed home as he's decided to throw another tantrum and has left me a pauper in the process... I have tried.

I try and be as sociable as I can.. and do what I can.
I have met some lovely people off here and am glad I have..

Mind you East Anglia I have found a very different world anyway..
Its a pain in the ass to get anywhere .. add an hour as I said roads are bloody grim.
No bugger wants to come here... believe me .. you say I live in East Anglia.. oh er yeah thats um way to far for me to come to... or done it a couple of times now and its not a nice trip , everybody I know moans about the journey up here and the roads :(

Having been a girl who has moved around from place to place as thats what I like .. I got stuck in East Anglia not out of choice .. and boy have I tried to make the most of it.. and its bloody hard work I tell you.
Its not the friendliest place in the world... unlike Wilts and Glos which are really happy friendly places to live.. and even London we was a little sociable bunch.

Find it pretty sad really.... I am lucky as have some nice friends now but its been a slog .. people just so cautious this way and not exactly warm and friendly sorts I have to say (some are :) )..

Well I guess post up if your doing something and if anyone comes along bonus if not hey ho...
Can't force people to go to things or like each other and we all have commitments family and work ... never mind I shall carry on as I am.
As I say I welcome anyone passing through .. and never say no to a brew.
nuff said from me.

I hope people are not put off and I hope to meet some of you for ice cream next year :)
I think its just a case of some areas have got it so sorted and together and people where trying for a similar go of it here .. no malice was meant

uksurfer
12-12-2010, 06:18 PM
your always welcome to come to our meets if you can't have your own! :thumbsup:

Grumpy
12-12-2010, 07:55 PM
your always welcome to come to our meets if you can't have your own! :thumbsup:

I might take you up on that this summer, you know I like a little jaunt out on the bike!:thumbsup:

He11cat
13-12-2010, 02:14 AM
Oh and there was me thinking you where off to SKegvegas!!!
I tried to attend one of your brekkie meets .. Epic fail Hector comes from Southampton he threw all his toys out of his pram again..

You got icecream???? Not that mr whippy !?

Grumpy
13-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh and there was me thinking you where off to SKegvegas!!!
I tried to attend one of your brekkie meets .. Epic fail Hector comes from Southampton he threw all his toys out of his pram again..

You got icecream???? Not that mr whippy !?

Skeggy, reminds me of doing the Bike weekends at Butlins, rain, food, beer, live music, trade stands, test rides and ice cream, not in any perticular order!

And the best part of Skeggy.......the roads out! lol :D

He11cat
13-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Hmm leaving SKegvagas isn't that a film with Nicholas Cage?

utopia
14-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Yeah, but.......the roads out to the east coast from the midlands are mostly great, old school roads that lead from town to town (rather than from junct.a to junct.b, trunk route style), with ups, downs, twists and turns (well, 'cept the flat bits, ok), and all roads lead to the coast. What could be better than that ?
I was intending to get to the couple of meet-ups a couple of months ago, and also the Fenman Show (I even checked the pub out a few weeks earlier), but then events conspired to keep me away.
Its a bit grim to get over there at this time of the year, but I can guarantee to show my face once the spring is in the air and the salt washed off the roads. And I reckon I stand a good chance of dragging a few other midlanders along.
So, keep plugging away, I say.
Oh, and there's always a Snetterton BSB meet-up opportunity.

He11cat
14-12-2010, 01:02 AM
more the merrier!

gremlin
14-12-2010, 11:54 AM
The chish and fip run to Wells is a good one, there's a pretty good road fromSwaffham along the coast. We usually head to the Albatross for coffee and have some pretty good chish and fips. There's a decent icecream parlour too although some of the best icecream is to be had on the beach. There's a little cabin serving teas etc and Holkham icecream, the hazelnut one is rather scrummy.
Hopefully I'll be out more this year, I didn't have a bike till July then my body really didn't want to know and then I had to look after my mum for weeks, not a good year at all. Hopefully my new meds will keep working and I'll be up and running.
Think we'll have to try to set a particular day for meets and then vary the venue slightly each month so we get an even distribution through East Anglia, then everyone will have a meet up without having to travel miles each month. Having said that Thetford is pretty central for all if anyone knows of a good spot that would put up with us.

Kerry
06-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Does anyone know if this meet on saturday night is still on. Dont want to be the only one.

If so is it still 8pm. wont be on the bike but still there.

can anyone help

Kerry :ukm:

Mohawk
06-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi Kerry, I've PM'd you but in case others are interested the meeting is still going ahead.

I know there are some from the Ducatisti Forum attending so be good to start making plans for when the weather improves. I'll be in the car too this time.

Looking forward to meeting up.

porker
06-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Sorry I would have come to the meet but I am collecting my new monster on that day so wont be here, shame as I am only 20 minutes away. Maybee next time.

He11cat
06-01-2011, 11:13 PM
I have la parents up... so no idea if I will be free as it depends as to what time im left in peace and if I have not hit my head against the wall too much or gouged my eyes out... and how much of the your going die on those bikes talks I get... and if the car is not condemned to scrap yard heaven Friday :(
Happy days .. If I don't make it have a good time

I would inflict the glow in the dark 125 on you but think I would be banned forever..

gremlin
07-01-2011, 03:33 PM
HC if you get to me by 7.30ish you can go in my filthy little car so won't be drummed out for the bike. May be a good excuse to get rid of parents!

He11cat
07-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Il do my best... I'm in deep crap at the moment..:( really bad.. The ex and the parents are going to string me up :( if any one has a ticket out of the country I may need it fast.

Mohawk
07-01-2011, 06:57 PM
No worries, it's great to hear you may be interested some other time.

I'll post up dates of future meetings and ride outs.

Sorry I would have come to the meet but I am collecting my new monster on that day so wont be here, shame as I am only 20 minutes away. Maybee next time.

Mohawk
07-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Be good to see you and Hellcat if you can make it. Will Clive be with you too? my OH will be with me.

HC if you get to me by 7.30ish you can go in my filthy little car so won't be drummed out for the bike. May be a good excuse to get rid of parents!

Grumpy
07-01-2011, 08:29 PM
I should be able to make it.I finish work mid afternoon, so will pop up.

Mohawk
07-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Be great to meet you, looks like there is a few of us going which is fab for the time of year.

Roll on the warmer weather so we can hear the roar of the Ducs on a run out!

He11cat
07-01-2011, 11:52 PM
If I an get away may be in the cage... il stick my toe out the back door see how cold it is as no heated do dahs on dizzy