PDA

View Full Version : Check your bolts!

the_adam
26-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Hi all,

I've had a bit of a problem with loose bolts, guessing the cold may have had something to do with it. Rode from Stockport to Leeds this evening and it got a bit painful :(

Anyway, I lowered my clocks a while back and one of the bolts from my new (admittedly homemade) brackets came out on the motorway. Clocks twisted as it flew out and the bracket at the other side snapped in half. It was relatively thick sheet aluminium so there must have been a bit of force behind it...suppose I should really come up with a better design now... Will be checking everything else and using plenty of loctite this weekend!

Thanks Jim for leaving the cable ties under the seat, they came in handy for reatttaching things!:biggrin:

buzzbomb
27-11-2010, 05:28 AM
At my age I send more time checking my nut's...:biggrin:

Sorry Adam I couldn't resist...:fou:

dunlop0_1
27-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Did you use nylon insert nuts?

LouSCannon
27-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Thanks Jim for leaving the cable ties under the seat, they came in handy for reatttaching things!:biggrin:

No worries, never leave home without them!

the_adam
27-11-2010, 10:41 AM
I always used to carry a full toolkit (probably from the Sachs and its random breakdowns!), seem to have got a bit more lazy recently though. I'll have to get that bag filled up with random things :)

To be honest I did consider the nut joke myself. Resisted in the end :woot:

Couldn't say what they were though, it had been on for a while. I keep a box full of random nuts and bolts so it'll probably have come out of there...