PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Arrow Mill 2003 pics

Albie
24-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Whilst browsing Google UKMOC I founf the old forum complete with old 2003 Arrow Mill pics. I had old just got a monster late 2003 so wasn't aware. A lot of old faces and regular faces. Yellow bikes were more popular back then and the s4 was making a show. Nice pic of Didge on a Buell called Barney and GT showing his face.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/features/wkend/pages/35_royal_oak_25-05-03.html

buzzbomb
24-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Nice find Andy..:woot:

And a good turn out...:eyepopping:

Of course I was still in short pants back then...:biggrin::biggrin:

CK & AK
24-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Barney Buell belonged to little Em (RIP)

The lovely chromo was Giorgio's 900ie, so many faces there, so many memories.

Nice one Albie for finding those - have got many similar (and exact copies) from that year & 2004 too :)

CK

bigredduke
24-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Hang on a minute! Blue skies? Sunshine? Can this really be a UKMOC weekender?

scrapps
24-11-2010, 07:57 PM
great pictures Albie

CK & AK
24-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Hang on a minute! Blue skies? Sunshine? Can this really be a UKMOC weekender?

T'was indeed a lovely sunny one - held over the last weekend in May.
Mega-long rideout on the Sat - led by the wonderful Denis & passing the airfield (where Giorgio wanted to shop for planes.....Pooh & Tigger going 2 up for the whole of it!

gary tompkins
24-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Happy days :biggrin:

Rogerg
25-11-2010, 01:01 AM
tremendous, before my time though.

SazzaG
25-11-2010, 01:03 AM
I remember reading all about it - I'd passed my test 2 weeks before hand and hadn't plucked up the courage to go on a meet yet!

He11cat
25-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Some nice bikes there.

Nice chromo .. but dominator headlights .. noooooo!!
Someone on here will be spitting his herbal tea out when he sees that :)

Paranoid Dave
25-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Pic of 'overripe & keen' (RIP) at the front in yellow jacket too.
Pooh colour flip tank 900 before the 7 year rebuild.

gary tompkins
25-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Some nice bikes there.

Nice chromo .. but dominator headlights .. noooooo!!
Someone on here will be spitting his herbal tea out when he sees that :)

The lamps on Georgio's bike were pukka turned and polished billet alloy jobbies. Cost a shed load of £££

I think I've got a few good close up's and I'll try to dig them out

uksurfer
25-11-2010, 11:25 AM
love those pictures, nice one Albie, are we having helicopter rides next year? :-)

Kerry
25-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Nice pics. Looks like a good time was had by all. Maybe i will get there one day.

Kerry :ukm:

benson
25-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Frank was a black mat rat bike back then - oh the joy of paint and bling! Happy daze....

Albie
25-11-2010, 06:54 PM
love those pictures, nice one Albie, are we having helicopter rides next year? :-)

The helicoptor rides were free but gave a donation to air ambulance. Me and Caroline had a quick flight. It was fantastic. I dont expect it will happen again and dont know if Dennis will fly after his heart attack. Be good if it did rehappen.

chris yeatman
25-11-2010, 08:41 PM
are we having helicopter rides next year? :-)

yes that would be a good idea!!

great pics albie.

NattyBoy
25-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Great weekender ! Still got my t shirt !

Paranoid Dave
25-11-2010, 10:28 PM
I still got all of mine, and the badges, the hat and stickers, patch and probably some left over hog roast somewhere too.

The photo from above the mill in the link was taken by me in a little 2 seater cub light aircraft. Dennis had a plane and he called his mate to get it ready on the monday morning, a group of us left and went round the corner to the airfield where we were met by his mate. There was Chris and his lady at the time, Myself and little Em, Chris' mate who lived in the next road and overipe & keen. One by one we were gifted a ride in the plane, 5 minute flyover the mill (hard banking so pics could be taken in my case) and then he let us take the controls going back briefly (HOLY CRAP). I think 4 of us took the trip and it was just fantastic. The funniest bit was trying to get in the front of a small aircraft, crampt cockpit, 6ft in the air while wearing leathers...

What a great weekend that was.

Paranoid Dave
25-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Great weekender ! Still got my t shirt !

I thought you would have sold that for a profit by now.

gary tompkins
25-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Another group shot from the same year I think?

Blufoot
26-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Nice one for finding these, there's a shot of all the monsters in line with my tatty one right at the front! (the one with the red cargo net over the pillion seat6

I had the time of my life, and I'd never felt like that before, I swear, it's the truth and I owe it all to you.

Mand
26-11-2010, 07:32 AM
I have to say the best helicopter ride that anybody got at Arrow Mill was for myself and Ruth. :) maybe not for poor Nonnie though.

A whole load to you went off to play mini motos and we got the call from "international rescue" Nonnie had broken her wrist in a million places, had to be taken to the hospital with Scrumpster as her nurse and Ruth and I had to bring Nonnie's and Scrumpster's bike's back to the Mill.

That was amazing, very scary but not half as scary as riding Juan back to Arrow Mill. :biggrin:

Different year... 2005 I think?

Paranoid Dave
26-11-2010, 08:31 AM
The photo is the second year i think because i seem to remember JMo couldn't do year 1 after crashing and breaking a collar bone a couple of weeks before on a rideout.

gary tompkins
26-11-2010, 08:37 AM
I have to say the best helicopter ride that anybody got at Arrow Mill was for myself and Ruth. :) maybe not for poor Nonnie though.

A whole load to you went off to play mini motos and we got the call from "international rescue" Nonnie had broken her wrist in a million places, had to be taken to the hospital with Scrumpster as her nurse and Ruth and I had to bring Nonnie's and Scrumpster's bike's back to the Mill.

That was amazing, very scary but not half as scary as riding Juan back to Arrow Mill. :biggrin:

Different year... 2005 I think?

Oh yes the infamous 'twatted wrist' party :biggrin:

Didn't have many stills from that year because I was on a digicamcorder. The upside was I got some great minimoto footage, including Nonnie catapulting herself into the wall. A top quality 'You've been framed' £200 moment :dizzy:

CK & AK
26-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Nice one for finding these, there's a shot of all the monsters in line with my tatty one right at the front! (the one with the red cargo net over the pillion seat6

I had the time of my life, and I'd never felt like that before, I swear, it's the truth and I owe it all to you.

We luv you too! :D

Rachel - I think you still had the tag of 'The Hedge' or 'Benson & Hedge' or similar then - after your visitation the previous year on the Cotswold run (was that on Scarlet in 2002?)

He11cat
26-11-2010, 09:18 AM
GT lovely chromo ... I love twin spots
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/Old%20stuff/bikeeyessmall.jpg
My bike I sold last year.. ok not posh twins but ...
Love them On the speed triples ..

I just don't like them on Monsters!! don't know why!! ... everybody expected me to lump a pair of bates twin spots on my bike... just did not feel right!

Arhhh I recall the twatted wrist Nonnie!! .. and when you got your Monster.. :)
What a pressie ..
This year I will mostly be getting socks hmmph :(

JMo
26-11-2010, 08:31 PM
The photo is the second year i think because i seem to remember JMo couldn't do year 1 after crashing and breaking a collar bone a couple of weeks before on a rideout.

Oi! There was no collar bone involved...

There was however a significant bike-hedge interface that happened a couple of weeks before as you say... grrrrrr...

Jx

pooh
27-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Nice to see these again have copies of them somewhere. Oi! PD its only been three years on the rebuild and it passed its MOT yesterday and rides quite well so will be at the mill next year so will be back on the next set of photos.

Pooh

Scotty
27-11-2010, 07:09 PM
umm mini moto was ace :D

Paranoid Dave
28-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Nice to see these again have copies of them somewhere. Oi! PD its only been three years on the rebuild and it passed its MOT yesterday and rides quite well so will be at the mill next year so will be back on the next set of photos.

Pooh

There goes my hope for best bike. Mind you Shirl's now calling it Marmite because she feels people will either love it or hate it. Right now it's not even built or running so some time to go as yet.