PDA

View Full Version : What happened to MOTM?

Pomp1
17-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Now. when I first joined we had the Monster of the Month picture on the homepage. This was a far nicer image than the Ducati press release.
It has now been more than a year without a bike on the homepage.
I know there are a lot of members (both old and new) with very nice bikes to show which have never been featured. So come on, sure we can revive this:ukm:..
If we can get enough people to send pictures for the calendar, sure we can get at least 12 months worth..

J.P
17-11-2010, 09:47 AM
There's certainly enough for the calendar, so you're right maybe we could tie that in with the home page in some way.

Stafford
17-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Calender, November is particularly good even if I do say so myself :)

Albie
17-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Calender, November is particularly good even if I do say so myself :)

Your right it is a great pic Stafford. It was perfect for November. Next years is also very nice too:):)

Here it is for you to savour..........

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/Calendar2010/UKMOCCalendar2010A4Nov.jpg

If I had the powers I would certainly look after the MOTM page if no one else wanted.

He11cat
17-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Go on Albie :) I like looking at other peoples bikes and it would be nice to see them on here as a feature.
plus it inspires people who maybe are thinking of owning one or have just got one
Shows them that you can do a lot with a monster if you so wish.

Albie
17-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Go on Albie :) I like looking at other peoples bikes and it would be nice to see them on here as a feature.
plus it inspires people who maybe are thinking of owning one or have just got one
Shows them that you can do a lot with a monster if you so wish.

Alas that task belongs to someone else. If they are tired of doing it I would for sure. Im pretty used to getting pics and dragging them on here. Ive even set up a bucket for monster only pics which can be used to transport images of members bikes if they dont know how, My idea was we store the bike images which anyone can view but only myself and limited others can upload but anyone can download. Not used yet but some of mine are on there ready.
Like a gallery but not as restricted in image size.

Stafford
17-11-2010, 04:07 PM
For info, the picture was taken at our old premises which was an old church complete with graveyard and the odd fresh burial. The tombstone in the picture is of some poor soul who committed suicide some time ago and is buried in what is now the car park, hence unconsecrated ground for the poor sinner.

Paranoid Dave
17-11-2010, 07:25 PM
if the front page is lacking, can we not use the calendar month as the BOTH substitute, at least its interesting to look at and appropriate?