PDA

View Full Version : Acf 50??

jimbo696
16-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I have just given a bike a good covering with this stuff. I have always used FS365 before, but got fed up having to reapply every time it got wet, as it is water soluble...
How often do you need to reapply ACF, or can you wash the bike down and it stays on??

Capo
16-11-2010, 03:39 PM
http://www.allyearbiker.co.uk/ACF50.html

Nickj
16-11-2010, 03:46 PM
As long as you don't use any agressive chemicals it stays there, having said that as a little goes a long way I top up the most exposed areas every so often.

He11cat
16-11-2010, 04:12 PM
A little goes a long way .. Yup sure does.
As I found out a lot is um a bugger to clean up!
You have to put up with a filthy looking bike for winter but beats a corroded sad sorry one:)

utopia
16-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Apart from the reapplying, how did you find the FS365 worked ?
I've been thinking of using it as I only do occaisional rides on the monster in the winter, and it seems a much cleaner option.
Currently I use nothing.

jimbo696
17-11-2010, 08:45 AM
I use FS365 on the bikes I use occasionally, then I rinse of the muck and clean the bike before I put it away. I really like FS and have used it for 5 years and I have not had any signs of wear on my bikles thru winter.
I decided to use ACF on the Honda winter hack as I can't always wash the bike down every time; and it is 28 years old..
I am a bit fussy about having clean bikes!!(anal, OCD etc!!)

utopia
17-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Thanks for that Jimbo. I've had a couple of bottles of FS in the shed for two years now, but couldn't decide whether or not to use it. I'm very wary of many "products" as they can sometimes have side effects that you don't expect, ie miracle cleaning agents that dissolve your alloy cases etc. I did kinda thought that the FS would be ok though.
I'm a bit ocd myself, particularly with the monster. I spent nearly two days recently making just one of the four brackets for my new bellypan. Its a thing of beauty though, involving offset taper turning and eccentric positional adjustment, not to mention the mirror polish.

Yorkie
17-11-2010, 03:56 PM
anal, OCD

:eyepopping:

Yorkie

He11cat
17-11-2010, 07:03 PM
omg!! lol..pmsl
Yorkie or someone be kind and tell him ... don't use ACF there are I hear cheaper products available at your local chemist ... :eyepopping: (I wouldn't know but you hear about such things especially on those A&E programs ).:running: