PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a genie with 3 wishes to grant...

Gutsy
15-11-2010, 08:43 PM
I wish for some UKMOC advice:
1. My dreaded tax disc reminder arrived tonight - do I renew in the hopes I can get some dry winter riding, or SORN her and feel extra lost and loney without my two wheels?

2. Can anyone suggest or recommend where to go to have my seat lowered? I just can't eat anymore vegetables in the hopes that I'll grow taller!

3. Has anyone got a red spare fuel tank kicking around .... as you do! I'm keeping my ears to the ground for another one just in case my own diy doesn't work. I have a 2003 800i.e. that has a wide choice of alternative Monsters that I could use.

Ok - so I've exhausted my genie wishes. Next target is Father Xmas. :rolleyes:

Gordon H
15-11-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm keeping mine taxed through winter even though once the salt hits the roads it'll be kept garaged...... as it's insured (in case of any light fingered and unwanted visitors) may as well keep it taxed..... you never know, could be a mild winter - today's weather through Dorset and Devon was great. Pity I was stuck in a car.

Capo
15-11-2010, 09:14 PM
PM Buzzbomb he knows a top man who can do anything you wish with the seat.

Whats up with your tank?

Gordon H
15-11-2010, 09:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUCATI-MONSTER-620-800-1000-FUEL-TANK-/260687521844?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cb22fe834

Tank on ebay right now Ali.

utopia
16-11-2010, 02:50 AM
I keep mine taxed and try to get out on it whenever the weather is kinder, ideally every month or so. In particular, the belts probably don't like sitting in the same position for 6 months, but everything benefits from a little exercise.
If you're lighter as well as shorter than average, have you tried adjusting the rear preload to suit your weight ?

MrsC_772
16-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Keep it taxed! You'll regret it if you Sorn and then we have some nice sunny days.

Gutsy
16-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Mrs C - what excellent advice. I'll do that so I can get out to clear my cobwebs. I've also just bought a tank from ebay so once that's fitted, I should be right up there with the slowest of em!-
Chris Yeatman - who did your seat for you? Thanks Capo for Buzzbomb's info. My current tank is rusty inside which can be repaired butbeing a lazy git, thought a replacement was the quicker option!

So my little genie's magic is working! Thanks to all for your advice thus far.

Liz
16-11-2010, 09:30 PM
I would say keep it taxed. I got my 800 last December and rode it when I could even if only for a short distance. Once you ride a bike, you need it to be available to you when you need it............

He11cat
16-11-2010, 10:42 PM
I keep mine taxed.. Id go loopy without a bike ...

JaKS
17-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Went to work on mine yesterday!
Not today, car MOT being done, but if tomorrow looks ok, there I'll be!!!:)