PDA

View Full Version : Even less than nothing..

Pomp1
14-11-2010, 03:52 PM
So, to sum this up: nothing in MotoGP, bad year in WSB, now we go and lose a F1 championship that could only be won. This year has been BAD:grump:. Congratulations to Vettel, and now let's hope that Ferrari sacks Massa..
Sorry, rant over..

Albie
14-11-2010, 04:16 PM
It sounds crazy but its the first time I have ever wanted Vettel or Webber to win the championship. Its good to have it go around and not that I support Red Bull they have a great team and 2 strong drivers.

My loyalty in F1 has dissapeared nowadays as its too political. Great this year to have a open season.

Bodybag
14-11-2010, 05:59 PM
F1 sucks. I've seen more overtakes in the Post Office on pension day!! Absolute drivel won by the pit crews. Why bother spending millions on cars etc. Just get each team to buy a Ford Fiesta. Fastest team to change all four wheels wins the day. At the end of the season they could be presented with new airguns. Just think of the money Ferrari, Mercedes et al. would save!!

Rally
14-11-2010, 06:07 PM
F1 racing, didn't that end when Mansell, Senna and co all stopped racing. I thought these days it was a parade lap for the sponsors benefit and team orders to say which sponsor is in which position!

Far too many politics involved these days to call it "racing" in my opinion anyway. :)

Paranoid Dave
14-11-2010, 06:09 PM
C'mon, don't hold back, say what you really think.

Gordon H
14-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Anything goes in F1 so long as Bernie says so - just don't fall out of favour 'cause that's a whole world of hurt. Just ask Ron Dennis......

BluprintZ
14-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Well, i've been watching F1 for ages and it's probably only in the last few years, that i've started to become quite cynical myself, concerning the amount of corporate desision making throughout the last five years or so.
The Schumaker/Barachello debacle, then the Alonso/Massa spectacle in Hungary, has taken the edge of it all for me, if race outcomes are going to be fixed by way of team orders (which they have been since racing first started), then at least be up-front about it, don't play the paying public for fools.

G ; )

Char
14-11-2010, 06:28 PM
says it all really

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Char66/be4.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Char66/be3.jpg

buzzbomb
14-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Blimey we are all pi$$ed off..:Furious:

Personally I'm just glad that alonso didn't become champ..:grump:

chris yeatman
14-11-2010, 06:55 PM
says it all really

my guess shes only with him for the money!!!
small man syndrome.

Capo
14-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Don't worry Max, now we have Valentino thing will change

Pomp1
14-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Don't worry Max, now we have Valentino thing will change

Yes, but racing doesn't resume till March..is a long winter on an empty stomach:grump: and with limited testing and what not..at least I'll have plenty of time in the garage :) HOpe to see VR doing well, as I've seen the testing times of Stoner and they're scary stuff..
Going back to F1 I think it was a good year after all, good racing and if only we still had pit refuelling would have been a lot more interesting.

Pomp1
14-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Blimey we are all pi$$ed off..:Furious:

Personally I'm just glad that alonso didn't become champ..:grump:

That's it, you're off my Christmas cards list ;)

gremlin
15-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Must admit I've not bothered with F1 recently, I thought Hamilton was robbed when he had a good chance the other year all down to Ecclestones spat with Dennis. It seems to be more politics than driver ability which has totally ruined it. At least in Gp it's more down to the rider. Bike racing seems to be far fairer yes there may be team tactics in that the lesser rider watches the arse of the top dog but in the end it is down to who stays on the black stuff, even the best can have a front end wash out or high side when not expected. For my two pennath worth I think of all racing Moto2 has been the most exciting this year, less politics and more proper racing, long may it continue. I enjoy BSB more there's less ego more fairing bashing and down right raw racing due to less money being thrown at it and no wimping at the end when someone has taken a chance.

TCar153
15-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Well, I just feel the need to say "I heart F1". Yes, I take on board all the many and various gripes that some people seem to have with it but at the end of the day the corporations/politicians et al, whatever else they think they are doing, are actually just financing a small bunch of exceptionally passionate racers to build and race the Fastest Toy on Earth. Result. For me anyhoo, the (Red?) bullpoo that has ever been around F1 (I have hearted F1 since 1967) is just a part of the circus.

p.s At the risk of also being excised from your Christmas card list Pomp. Alonso.....Ha! could not have happened to a more honest or likable bloke. HeHe.

gary tompkins
15-11-2010, 02:46 PM
F1 sucks. I've seen more overtakes in the Post Office on pension day!! Absolute drivel won by the pit crews. Why bother spending millions on cars etc. Just get each team to buy a Ford Fiesta. Fastest team to change all four wheels wins the day. At the end of the season they could be presented with new airguns. Just think of the money Ferrari, Mercedes et al. would save!!

+1 from me

F1 just sucks... end of story

On my list of what not to watch on TV, F1 slots in somewere between X Factor, Deal or No deal and anything hosted by fecking Davina Mccall. At least Big Brother finally got the boot - sadly (knowing channel 4) only to be replaced by something even more sh1te :grump:

buzzbomb
15-11-2010, 04:03 PM
says it all really

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Char66/be4.jpg

Seems that in the divorce proceedings it was stated that Bernie and his wife didn't see eye to eye..:biggrin:

Sorry for upsetting you Max..:( Back on the card list now eh!!..:devil: