PDA

View Full Version : Monster weekend 2004

CK & AK
14-10-2003, 12:00 PM
So that nobody can say they didnt see it - here is the link for the 2004 weekend

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?s=&postid=26889#post26889

Ck

(and I had to be the 1st to post in this new section):D

ps - dont forget the NATIONAL RIDEOUT on the Sunday, leaving at 11.30, for a ride to a local pub for lunch. Return to Arrow Mill by 4pm - if not before.

LeMarsu
14-10-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by fatbloke
The Dates been set!
The booking Forms are ready!
The venue's been booked!

The 2003 UKMOC weekender was such a fantastic success we thought we'd do it again so CK has very kindly offered to organise it for a 2nd year.
The date is from Friday 30th until Monday 3rd May.
The Venue is the Arrow Mill Warickshire. You can either stay in the hotel its self or camping is availible in the grounds.
So if you like Good Company, Good Food, fantasic ride-outs and loads of other surprises, download the booking form below and we will see you there.

Return your booking form soon as this will sell out very quickly!!

Download booking form (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/downloads/2004.zip)

you will need "winzip" and "adobe acrobat reader" to view the booking form if you do-not have them installed on your machine here are the free download sites to get them from.
winzip (http://download.com.com/3405-20-960683.html)
adobe acrobat reader (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)

CK & AK
14-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the emails peeps.

As said by return mail - I will 'hold' your accomodation for only 4 days max - to allow the cheque to arrive.

For others not quite so quick off the mark, the hotel has now got 'temporarily reserved' on 11 of the 18rooms.
No singles available now.
Only twins/doubles/family rooms. Why not get some mates together - there is 1 room that can take 6!! (I know - cos AK & I slept in it last year!)

Thanks for great early support.

CK:) :cool:

CK & AK
16-10-2003, 05:48 PM
OK - for those who still want to stay at the Arrow Mill.

There are the following rooms left:

3 x twin rooms

2 x family rooms - sleeping at least 4 or 5.

All other rooms are now booked - fast lot the UKMOC with their cheques:D

Pse send email first before sending forms & cheques - Ta.

CK

gary tompkins
17-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Glad I got in early - looks like being a sell out.

Roll on next April :D

BoozyBOB
17-10-2003, 11:02 PM
looking forward to it...a weekend of Monstering, beer and chinwag, and a hog roast thrown in...

CK & AK
26-10-2003, 08:31 PM
26/10/03

3 rooms left - 1 x twin & 2 x family rooms (which sleep at least 4 each), also - plenty of room for camping too.

so far, have people coming from as far afield as:Kent, Hants, Surrey, London, Middx, Essex, Suffolk, Lincs, Berks, Notts and Scotland

So, anyone else coming from far away who wants to stay - why not get a 'community' booking - for a big room - or take the 'family tent':D

Pse do get in touch with me if you do want to stay on site at the Arrow Mill for the whole weekend: ck@ukmonster.co.uk

Cheers,

C:burnout:

ps - if you cant come & stay - do make sure the Sunday 2nd May is firmly on your next years diary - for the mass rideout at 11.30.:)

Paranoid Dave
31-10-2003, 05:12 PM
Thinkin' ahead, I know name badges are VERY SAD but is there some way of knowing who's who this year, maybe the monsters should wear their owners names? How about a list of who's in the hotel too when it's full???

CK & AK
31-10-2003, 05:49 PM
Good idea Dave!

- how about you put that thinking cap of yours on.....:) - I'll put you in charge of being the ID man then:D

mmmmm..... button badges?.... laminated 'sticky backed' cards (credit card size)....

any body got ideas for PD ?:confused: :D

C:p

CK & AK
31-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Sample of part of weekend info, for those who cant download stuff:

UK MONSTER OWNERS WEEKEND 2004 (page 1)

When & Where
Begins on Friday evening, 30th April, and finishes on Monday morning - 3rd May 2004.
This will be at the Arrow Mill, nr Alcester, Warwickshire – same venue as May 2003, kindly hosted again by Denis Woodhams.

Who can go?
Any UKMOC member who has a monster – and their partners – who may or may not have a bike. (partners bike doesn’t have to be a monster!)

Booking/Costs
This time ALL bookings at the Arrow Mill will be done through myself – CK, and the booking system is ‘first come first served’.
The total cost for the 3 nights in the hotel is £135, or camping £80, dinner B & B.
A deposit of £50 per person is required with your booking, together with an SAE, to arrive with me by the last day in December 2003.
The balance of payment is due by Saturday 27th March 2004 latest.

Accommodation
I regret that, initially, the offer is for 3 nights only. Should we not fill the hotel, then obviously there may be options for shorter stays offered.
Many of the rooms are able to take multiple occupancy, please see if you can/are able to share a twin – or perhaps are able to have a ‘z-bed’ with some mates! From the 18 rooms, we can get at least 42 ‘bums in beds’.
If a single person wishes to have a place – they will be put in a twin room with another from the same sex.
All rooms are en-suite, and have TV.

Anything else?
Yes – we WILL be having a ‘monster bike’ competition on the Sunday, and there WILL be limited edition T-shirts – only for those who go, to purchase. The NATIONAL rideout will be again on the Sunday.

What do you need to need to do now?
Please send an email, in the first instance, to myself at: ck@ukmonster.co.uk to check on availability of rooms.
Then please post a cheque – made out to: UKMOC
TO: CK - see download file for address
PLEASE enclose an SAE, together with the booking form.
You will be sent an email confirmation of receipt of your deposit.
Note Please take a copy of the completed form for your records. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
(Download Booking Form Here) (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/downloads/2004.zip)

CK

Paranoid Dave
31-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Oh thanks CK, put me in charge why not ;)

ideas pleassse

pooh
01-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Tatoo's may not be such a good idea Dave

CK & AK
01-11-2003, 04:58 PM
1st Nov - update.

Have 28 people booked in to the hotel now - for the whole weekend. 5 of those are partners, without their own bikes.
So - a great start - 23 bikes turning up - so far!

The 7 people who enquired about camping - would be great if you can also send in your deposits too.

Thanks for all your support :D

C

pooh
01-11-2003, 09:06 PM
CK
maybe only 4 of the partners wont have there own bike if things go to plan.

pooh

Paranoid Dave
01-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Ian - will it be a monster? what size?

As for tattoo's you're just being silly ;) keep it up! :D

CK & AK
07-12-2003, 08:20 PM
OK - hope the peeps below wont mind - but here's who's who of the deposits I have received for the weekender next year: (in no particular order, please note)

CK M750ie
AK Custom M900ssie
Pooh M900
Mrs Pooh M???
PD M600
Dave M600
Benson & Jenny M900ie
Harley & Jo M900 (944) & Morini
Chris & Hazel M900ie
Ade & Lady friend M900
McMonstro & Mrs McMonstro S4
Didge M900
Crust M900
Simon H & Philippa M748 & Morini
Muttley & Mrs Muttley M600
Gary Tompkins M900ie
Penny Chapman M750ie
Keith Chapman non monster bike
Boozy Bob & Isa M600
Saggio (Giorgio) M900
Martin B M600
Oz M1000ie
Dark-Jon M620ie
David & Roger Womack S4foggy
Martin S4 & Mrs Martin S4

Was a good'n in May this year - as some will have seen from the DVDs doing the rounds - anyone else wanting in ?

Deposits close in beginning of January.

Anyone else wanting 'special event' t shirt - as only 7 requests so far. These will be made up and ready for collection when you arrive.

C
:)

pooh
07-12-2003, 10:09 PM
Charlotte
how much are the teeshirts, can't remember what you said also can't remember wether I ordered 2 or not please can you update my memory on this occasion as having to think for a change at work is really starting to show.

Regards
??????? oh! I remember Ian

Fredcat
15-12-2003, 07:36 PM
Can I just camp in the grounds and still order a T shirt. I will probably stay the Sat night to go on the Sunday rideout if that is OK?

Fred the humbug

CK & AK
15-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Pooh - you have paid for 2 t shirts already mate

Fredcat (aka mr Humbug:D ) - I will be in contact with our host after xmas - so will find out what he can do just for the sat night for you.

CK

Duncan
15-12-2003, 09:19 PM
T Shirts

For anyone still wanting one of the white "We came,we saw We Monstered" T shirts, that were made for this year and sold at various events, I have a small number left, PM me if interested. That way you will have a change of shirt after you spill your gravy down the other one!!

CK & AK
28-12-2003, 07:53 AM
Reminder:-

"A deposit of £50 per person is required with your booking, together with an SAE, to arrive with me by the last day in December 2003.

The balance of payment is due by Saturday 27th March 2004 latest. "

Is there anyone elses deposits winging their way in the post???? Maybe you were waiting for your xmas money to come in?

Campers???? - lots of promises - but no dosh yet from those of you who said in the autumn you were coming...yet

Can anyone else who is intending to come, please let me know, as the main deposit to the hotel has to go out in 3 weeks.

Fatbloke - can you do a 'group email' to remind folks ?

CK

fatbloke
28-12-2003, 08:28 AM
no problem CK do you want me to copy and paste the above post? or is there somthing else you would like me to send?

CK & AK
04-01-2004, 01:00 PM
FINAL, LAST REMINDER!

Anyone else? - looks like you may be able to have a double after all Chris & Hazel!:) - 2 rooms left........

Campers? Where are you all - I know its not nice now, but I'm sure the weather will be better in May:p and those in the hotel will let you 'borrow' their showers........

26 bikes expected on the Friday night to kick off with (double last years number) apart from the daily visitors.

Anyone who thinks they want to come - and aren't on the list in the post at the top of the page - please let me know ASAP.

Cheers,

C:)

Julie
04-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Hi

We will be riding over early saturday morning and same again on sunday. we are planning to bring the midlands monsters with us.

Should be about 10-12 of us.

Hope thats ok

Julie

CK & AK
10-01-2004, 10:55 PM
35 people booked for the duration so far!

ALL ROOMS NOW BOOKED

Those others who requested info about B & B's in the area - I will consult Denis this week & post up info.

Fred Cat - will also find out about costs for staying 1 night (or 2) camping for you too.

Thanks for all your support - and also to Phoenix - who is our local tour guide (along with our host Denis) for the weekend.

C:)

Just need good weather now.......anyone got a crystal ball?

JMo
10-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Hmmmmmmm, does seem to be a distinct lack of Sussexites on the 'so far' list...?!

I myself will travel up early on Saturday morning (presumably with a rabble in tow), meet you guys in time for lunch, then plan to stay over on the Saturday night, do Sunday - then head off that evening (Have to be in Gaydon for a Land Rover do on the Monday)...

CK, can you acertain whether day visitors can stay for dinner on the Saturday night (and the price of the meal)?, and as you mention above, alternative accomodation nearby...

Many thanks for all your hard work in this, it is much apprieciated by all concerned I'm sure.

JennyMo

xxx

jakigirl
13-01-2004, 12:09 AM
am planning on coming down fae scotland but not so keen on the tent option!mainly cos its a pain strapping it all on to bike.Any other lassies fancy sharing big room?
anyone else riding down from scotland?
im coming fae argyll;)

Byron Kauffman
13-01-2004, 04:44 AM
Why not make the name tags look like a Press Pass? You should be able to find the clear plastic holder and lanyard easy enough. The credential could be done with the club logo and information and event date. Then just print the member's name like a press pass. You should be able to knock them out cheap on a color printer or the local copy shop. It would make a easy way to keep the name tag handy and not have the usual "HI My Name Is Nigel" sticker glued to your chest. Plus you have the thing to hang in the garage when you go home.
just a thought.
Byron

grunter
13-01-2004, 07:42 AM
How many Nigels are going?
CK
yours
grunt
prank caller

CK & AK
13-01-2004, 08:49 AM
:confused: no Nigels at all Grunt.

See note in post at the top of this page for other info.

C

grunter
13-01-2004, 10:40 AM
:D

CK & AK
13-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Jakigirl - awaiting your dosh.

Otherwise ALL ROOMS NOW BOOKED UP - EXCEPT... a spare bed (for a person of the fairer sex ) in a twin to share with Jakigirl - who is coming all the way from bonnie Scotland.

Plenty of room left for camping still.

C

Paranoid Dave
13-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by CK & AK
ALL ROOMS NOW BOOKED UP - EXCEPT... a spare bed (for a person of the fairer sex ) in a twin to share .....
[/B]

I quite like the sound of sharing a twin room with girls

or even sharing a girl in a twin room

or even better, sharing a twin in girls room ;)

CK & AK
13-01-2004, 09:58 PM
PD - keep saying - " I must behave myself" 50 times every day;)

Luv Mum
xx

gary tompkins
13-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Sounds like PD's been watching too many of those late night films on Channel 5 :D

BTW if I wore a blonde wig would I qualify as the fairer sex?

sprintbint
13-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Really wanted to go but I'm working that weekend...maybe another time:( :( :(

CK & AK
14-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Fred Cat - and others - here is the information you might want from our wonderful host Denis:

Saturday night - Camping, dinner & Breakfast : £25 per person

Suppers on Fri/Sat/Sun £14 each night - MUST be pre - booked

B & B's in the area - best value is probably the Travelodge.

The Roebuck Inn 01789 762410 may do you a deal - ask for Ralph - that's at the top of the bypass - 3 minutes away (2 by BMW !)

Please send a booking in form - even if only for one night, to me (CK), along with your cheque.
If staying elsewhere, and you want to join us for food: Meal tickets MUST be booked before end March (when all balances of deposits need to be paid in too)

Hope this is of help,

Cheers,
CK

Julie
14-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Hi

what time is the supper served?

we think we would like to stop for that.

J and R

Richard_S
14-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Maybe a silly question but do I need accomodation with you guys to join? I know a lovely little blonde near their.....

CK & AK
14-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Julie & Ruth - meals are generally about 7.30 - or 8pm (ish).

Richard_S - not sure what you mean??? :confused:

C

Paranoid Dave
14-01-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm still blonde myself :D

I must behave myself
I must behave myself
I must behave myself
I must behave myself
I must behave myself
I must behave myself
I must behave myself
I must behave myself
I must behave myself
I must behave myself
I must behave myself
I must behave myself
I must behave myself
I must find myself a twin to share ;)

sorry mum.

CK & AK
14-01-2004, 06:05 PM
You are already sharing a twin M8 - with Dave from Essex!

:D :D

SazzaG
14-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Hi CK,

In case you were wondering, the Sussex contingent aren't ignoring you! (well, I'm not).

I can't come for the full weekend, as my Dad is having a 60th birthday party on the Sunday. I'm in 2 minds about riding up on the Friday, then back on the Saturday. I'll decide by the end of March in case I need to book dinner.

If anyone else is interested in travelling on those days to and from Sussex, please let me know! I'm not going to do it by myself...

Shame, 'cos I couldn't go last year either (minor point of not having passed my test by then!).

Still, at least I won't terrorise you with my camera...

Saz
x

Richard_S
14-01-2004, 09:41 PM
I was just asking if I can sort out my own accomodation but still hang about with you guys during the days & nights....? thanks :)

Dave
14-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Im not over the the moon shareing with you............ m8 ???
:D :D :D :D

Sorry i aint bin around........still picking the mud off... :D

whos wants to go to alley palley from sx ?

Hi MUM !

Dave

BoozyBOB
14-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Richard...if you can be there for the the BIG ride out get there...

Sazza...i think Jmo is doing the Sunday mega run...be good to see you...(and an arse 6 can join)...sshhh

JMo
14-01-2004, 11:36 PM
... well, my plan anyway!

I'll be leaving early on Saturday morning (say 7.30am @ Washington) so we can stop for breakfast en route and get up there for mid-morning, with the aim to meet the others in time for lunch. I will be staying over on Saturday night for the run on Sunday, but other Sussexites might be heading home before/after dinner on the Saturday?

xxx

Alternatively, the old man's only 60 - just take the seat cowl off and stick him in tent overnight too!!!

BoozyBOB
14-01-2004, 11:43 PM
good plan Jmo...
i know a few who like an old man in thier tent,,,
sshhh

fatbloke
15-01-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Richard_S
I was just asking if I can sort out my own accomodation but still hang about with you guys during the days & nights....? thanks :)

Thats correct as long as you book and pay the meals before the end of March contact Charlotte (ck@ukmonster.co.uk) for booking details.

CK & AK
15-01-2004, 07:57 AM
Richard - et al - absolutely no probs in sorting your own accom out (will have to anyway, unless camping on site - as rooms now all full!;) ).

We do have a type of programme for the weekend (more later, for those who are booked in) - and I have put the main 'rideout info' on the Monster Weekend Info thread for you all.

Pse note, that the Sat PM rideouts onwards, are open to all UKMOC members. The only 'closed' rideout - is the Saturday Morning, which is for those who have stayed over at Arrow Mill from the Fri night. As there are 23 - 27 bikes staying over that first night, tis only fair they get a chance for a bimble/blatt together if they wish to, before we split for the groups in the afternoon rides.

If travelling up/over/down on the Sat, please do arrive at lunchtime - anytime from Midday (and by 1.30 please if joining for the ride), as the afternoon rideouts are setting off at 2pm - and each group will have no more than 10, for maximum fun & safety.
Please be honest about your riding, as groups will be paced according to speed & ability.

I hope this is of help to you all.

C

SazzaG
15-01-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by BoozyBOB
be good to see you...(and an arse 6 can join)...sshhh

Bob, the arse 6 is no more! I think Rog finally saw the light (and the cash was nice for Xmas as well!) I now have to keep him away from my bike now! He keeps muttering about buying an S4, so watch this space!

JMo, if I never managed to get my Dad in the Westfield, do you really think he would go anywhere near my Monster?! I don't think my Mum would be too impressed if he said "Sorry dear, cancel the 70 guests, I'm going to meet up with a load of bikers with my daughter" Hee hee, it would certainly make for a different kind of 60th party!

I definately can't come up on the Saturday, 'cos I'd have to go home the same day. I think Collie and Fodder might go on the Friday. I see once they're back from Oz.

S

JMo
15-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by SazzaJ
"Sorry dear, cancel the 70 guests, I'm going to meet up with a load of bikers with my daughter" Hee hee, it would certainly make for a different kind of 60th party!

Exactly!

I definately can't come up on the Saturday, 'cos I'd have to go home the same day.

Oh Saz, Sussex have a reputation to uphold y'know! - afterall, some of us did Rugby and back in day last year, even if the rest of you only made it to the New Forest (ahem) - roads/route up is great, and the weather is gonna be dandy too I'm sure!

Seriously, I quite understand - it would be a bit of a hack all in one day - let's hope C&F are travelling up on Friday, and we'll catch all of you Sat lunch...

xxx

Bunny
16-01-2004, 02:35 AM
It is a long way in one day - with a ride out while you're there, you don't get much rest - we did 360 miles on the Sunday last year, and Sue's backside didn't recover until Wednesday. I went out and did another 200 on the Monday, but I've got more padding than her !!

CK & AK
16-01-2004, 09:43 AM
Just in case any of you are worried about a rideout as long as last years in mileage, we have taken you comments on board.

It is very difficult to get over 50 bikes together, safely to their destination. What can take 3 bikes 20 mins - will take much longer in a large group.

Also - as Bunny pointed out - we are aware of many of you who had to travel a long way to even get there to start with.

With that in mind, the Sunday ride is leaving later than last year (now 11.30), after the bike judging comp (several categories too) and will be much shorter in length of time & mileage to a pub. After a lazy lunch, I hope that we can then split into groups (even some to stay on at the pub:D - and then the afternoon can be more enjoyable for you all.
Those who do have to get back, can ride the most direct route back to Arrow Mill , for a cuppa before heading home. Others who want to stay out for the afternoon, can do that.

Does this help to entice more of you along?

C

Julie
16-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Sound Great

Just a thought tho...Have you remembered to book the sun shine?

gary tompkins
16-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Myself and Paul Critcher did the round trip plus Sunday run in a day last year. Think we clocked around 450 miles by the time I got home, and to be honest it was a bit hard on the backside - hence my decision to stop for the weekend in 2004.

Glad some thoughts been given to this years rideouts. The decision to start later is very sensible, as we really struggled to get to Arrow mill on time from Kent. I also like the idea of splitting the return trip up into smaller groups as well, we had a few breakdowns last year which made it a nightmare to keep everyone together on the homeward leg.

Could I make a suggestion that as many people as possible bring a decent map of the local area, that way if anyone want's to set off independant of the main group, they should be able to navigate a way back to base?

I'm gagging to be there already :twisted:

Albie
16-01-2004, 09:59 PM
what sort of breakdowns did u experience ,plugs,punctures or what?? .What basic spares and any AA/RAC

CK & AK
17-01-2004, 08:08 AM
One puncture (unavoidable - these things happen - dont they Ade), and a clutch cable snapping for a day visitor ( again - a mishap).
Thats all that springs to mind - and both sorted by our local heroes (TWPD & gang).

Phoenix
17-01-2004, 09:04 PM
That puncture meant I did the whole route again looking for the guy.....Cooooool :D

twpd
19-02-2004, 06:52 AM
I won't be there this time cos I am racing but, I'm sure you'll all have fun without me. ;)

steviej
29-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Next Year Please !!!!

Paranoid Dave
04-04-2004, 08:58 PM
Has anyone contacted MCN events guide? I know Arrow Mill is usually in it but get a mention of the monsters and we might entice a couple of non club members to show their faces and we can convert them to the dark side :D

Also, is there going to be camera footage again this year. Perhaps hazel has been building up those arm muscles especially ;)

Oh and one more thing, UKMOC nonsence awards are still up for voting, feel free to send me your entries.

That's it, see you all there.... if I go, it is further than 50 miles after all. :lol:

JMo
04-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Paranoid Dave
Has anyone contacted MCN events guide? I know Arrow Mill is usually in it but get a mention of the monsters and we might entice a couple of non club members to show their faces and we can convert them to the dark side :D

Looks like you just got yourself a job fella! - MCN events: Sam Bostock 01733 468003 or sam.bostock@emap.com

Go to it!

xxx

CK & AK
04-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Camera Footage:

Chris is going to yet again do his onboard camera bit.

MartinS4 is also bringing his digi cam.

AK can bring his video - but doesnt have a space for anyone to go on the back this year. Any pillions going who would volunteer????

Anyone else who can get some footage - that would be great too!:D

CK

Julie
05-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Will you be selling copies of the DVD and can you put it on video as well?

spacemonkey
12-04-2004, 07:54 PM
If anyone is copying the DVD than put it on DVD+R for best compatibility.

CK & AK
12-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Julie & Ruth
Will you be selling copies of the DVD and can you put it on video as well?

We cant sell copies of any video or DVD J & R, without running into vast problems about music rights, infringing peoples personal rights etc........best way to go, is the 'lend a friend a copy' that we have done with last years one.

We HOPE to put together something this year - but apart from Chris & MartinS4 with their digi cams, and AK with a camcorder (and no pillion space this year), we are a little stuck for getting coverage on the rideouts.

Anyone else offering a pillion to film?

C:(

BoozyBOB
12-04-2004, 10:45 PM
CK...like i said to you...if the music is downloaded from internet there is no prob with copy right....

Mrs Boozy will have a cam for the rides leaving/arriving at arrow...but if there is a pillion willing to tape they can use my cam..

Collie_dog
26-04-2004, 07:04 PM
For the good of the club...and to stop Fodder moaning....i will hand my Pootle to him and become a pillion for the day (if required)...that is unless some one else offers!!!

Collie