PDA

View Full Version : good insurance premium!

wheelybin
21-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Having spent years looking for cheap insurance for bikes, I was surprised when I was quoted by Devit via Churchill- fuly comp for less than 90 quid. Previously I had around 130 quid TPFT with bennetts.

Hope churchill provide good serice, I've not made a claim for years so dont know what the service is like nowadays.

I dont usually recommend companies but I was pleased with the quote..

:spin:

lisyloo
21-10-2010, 12:42 PM
What's included?

I paid the highest quote this yeat of £119 from Carole Nash, but it does include legal cover, protected NCD and breakdown cover in the UK and Europe.

You also need to look at amendement fees.
ebikeinsurance don't charge anything for amendements whereas some companies will charge you £30, so you need to take that into account and also cancellation terms.

it's quite a complicated business and it's a series of trade-offs.

Often the cheapest is not always the best.
If you get the cheapest you can get tripped up later on with amendment fees or cancellation fees.

Nickj
21-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Got 130 as best with almost everything except coffe and biccies.. but then I do stupid annual miles for these times, typical UK average is under 3K (wimps!!) I'm doing about 12-14K. My ass is like chiseled granite hehehehehe

slipperyweeguy
22-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I was paying about 170 for just the S4, bought an xjr1300 worth 4500, and H&R arranged a multibike policy with Royal Sun Alliance. Both bikes covered tpft for about 160 quid total. I'm happy.