PDA

View Full Version : Few suspension questions

gregski
19-10-2010, 09:28 PM
I've got a 620ie on 04 plate and 34k miles on the clock, I own the bike for over 4 years and never have anything done to the suspension. Is not leaking or anything and pass the MOT every time but just wondering how to check suspension and also how to adjust it when I'm taking a passenger.
I know 620 suspension is not the best in the world so is it worth it to upgrade for something better ??

Cheers Gregski

Stafford
19-10-2010, 09:36 PM
The best bet for occasional use is the Ohlins from the ST4S with adjustable preload, which will fit the 620. As for the front, a rebuild once in a while is good.

utopia
20-10-2010, 01:36 AM
The best bet for occasional use is the Ohlins from the ST4S with adjustable preload, which will fit the 620. As for the front, a rebuild once in a while is good.
.....ie remote, hydraulic preload adjuster....turns a half hour annoyance into a 20sec breeze when changing solo to pillion, and no skinned knuckles !!!
Best suspension mod for the road imo.
Hagon probably make the cheapest (£350ish) ..I've got one on my Dominator, but I prefer the Nitron unit that I've got on the monster (£450ish). Ohlins are probably more.