PDA

View Full Version : Monthy Meet ?

alan c
04-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Our monthly meet is due next Sunday 10th but we could move to the following week and ride out to Box hill to meet up with the Hampsters etc at Box hill ? we can arrange meeting point etc.Let me know what you think, we could still do breakfast meet next Sunday if people can make it ???

See Martins details below.

October 17th Box Hill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weather permitting, we will be holding a little ride out to Box Hill on the 17th October
We will meet at the Shell Station at Winnall at 10.00 am (A34/M3 junction) and then proceed to box for about 12.00, for a light lunch.
Invite open to all areas, and would love to see some others there.

(hopefully the Kenties could organise a run up to meet us?)

Cheers
Martin

gary tompkins
04-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Maybe a yes if I can fix the clutch in time

J.P
04-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Sorry, I'm away for the next couple of weekends and won't be able to make either unfortunately.

BigOz
04-10-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm free both Sundays so will go with the flow.

Andy

Albie
04-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Well relatively free. I aimed to do something with the bike in case I cant go to boxhill meet. Im working that weekend but have asked to swap shifts. If I dont get the pillion rizoma pegs Carolines not coming :woot::eyepopping::heart::heart:

BigOz
09-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Hi,

What's the score for tomorrow is the meet deferred for a week?

Albie
09-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Well Im still going out for a blatt as its dry and meant to be sunny. I may venture out to sevenoaks way after for a short run.

Albie
09-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Going on my ownsome as caroline doing stuff. Yippee solo seat stays on. Be there at Nells around 10 if any takers.

gary tompkins
09-10-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm going to Wiltshire for a couple of days fishing. Swapped clutch plates from the spare bike so it should be ok now. Will try to make the box hill meet next Sunday

BigOz
10-10-2010, 07:11 AM
I'll see you there.

Going on my ownsome as caroline doing stuff. Yippee solo seat stays on. Be there at Nells around 10 if any takers.

Shuffy
10-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Hi Albie

Sorry I can't make this morning, I'm dropping a friend down to Gatwick (and I'm working on the calendar today - honest!!), see you next week.

scrapps
10-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Weather looking good I will see you at nells at 10 if your still going albie.
On multi as the monster needs tax and mot

Albie
10-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Sorry I didnt fancy a ride out with you boys today. Felt really awful on way home and having trouble concentrating TBH. At least I managed to get there and have a brekkie. It was a lovely day too. I ended up at home doing some gardening then went out for a drive this afternoon to make up for it. Hope you had a safe trip to ashford and you got your bitz.

BigOz
10-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi,

It was good you see you and Scrapps, it sounds like cutting your day short was the right choice. I hope the drive made up for missing out on the good riding weather.

I hope you feel better soon,

Andy.

alan c
10-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Sorry i missed breakfast meet, daughter was back from uni this weekend and we was busy sorting a few things out !

Hope you are felling better Albie, was it a dodgy sausage ????

Hope we can meet up for ride to Box hill next Sunday, post up if you can make it and we can sort out meeting place - Clackets maybe ??

Albie
10-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Sorry i missed breakfast meet, daughter was back from uni this weekend and we was busy sorting a few things out !

Hope you are felling better Albie, was it a dodgy sausage ????

Hope we can meet up for ride to Box hill next Sunday, post up if you can make it and we can sort out meeting place - Clackets maybe ??

No food was good mate. I woke up with a migraine and nausia NO alchohol involved. Thought fresh air was better for me than staying in.

Next week is a midday meet so I was thinking of heading off around 10 and going down via a mixture of roads and trying to stay off M25 as much as possible. I know a route which we can take off the orpington turn off via biggin hill and across the top of hill towards warlingham and down to caterham. Down A23 and then to godstone redhill reigate and then boxhill if anyone fancys that. I will probs blatt home though.
If not post another idea as not set in stone.

scrapps
11-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Good to see you both. I had a good ride home(did not go to Ashford to get my parts) took a nice route home along the coast.
Maybe it was my new crash hat that made you feel a bit rough Albie. it is a touch bright:chuckle:

alan c
11-10-2010, 01:58 PM
No food was good mate. I woke up with a migraine and nausia NO alchohol involved. Thought fresh air was better for me than staying in.

Next week is a midday meet so I was thinking of heading off around 10 and going down via a mixture of roads and trying to stay off M25 as much as possible. I know a route which we can take off the orpington turn off via biggin hill and across the top of hill towards warlingham and down to caterham. Down A23 and then to godstone redhill reigate and then boxhill if anyone fancys that. I will probs blatt home though.
If not post another idea as not set in stone.

That sounds fine with me Albie, pick a meeting point :thumbsup:

Albie
11-10-2010, 05:43 PM

Do you know the ford dealers at Green Street Green A21 nr orpington.By the roundabout. Theres a pub opposite where all the cyclists gather. I will try and find out the name.

gary tompkins
11-10-2010, 07:59 PM

Sounds good to me too

Got a good days fishing in today. Landed eight carp between 3 and 6lb, plus a few roach. My dad managed the same and we both lost a few big carp close to the net. Weather was just fantastic for mid October :thumbsup:

I've robbed the spare monster of its plates, and the clutch behaved itself on the way dowm to Wiltshire. Feels a lot better than it did in Belgium - the original plates were shot to bits. Hope to see you all next weekend.

alan c
12-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Do you know the ford dealers at Green Street Green A21 nr orpington.By the roundabout. Theres a pub opposite where all the cyclists gather. I will try and find out the name.

Albie, its the Rose and Crown. What time shall we meet ?

BigOz
12-10-2010, 08:54 AM
I've found the meeting point on Google maps, I'll see you there weather permitting.

scrapps
12-10-2010, 12:13 PM

Not a clue matey...... I could meet you at yours or at the services on M2

Albie
12-10-2010, 03:30 PM

10.30 ok for you.

Scrapps I can meet you at esso garage on A2 at 10.00 .I was going to suggest that as I didnt want others to come back here and then go to orpington

alan c
12-10-2010, 05:48 PM
10.30 is fine Albie, see you there :thumbsup:

gary tompkins
12-10-2010, 07:33 PM
I think the pub on the roundabout is called the Rose & Crown

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=545528&y=163224&z=0&sv=BR6+7LP&st=2&pc=BR6+7LP&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf

alan c
13-10-2010, 07:44 AM

Gary, you are doing it again :woot::D

See you Sunday !

gary tompkins
13-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Ooops :D

scrapps
13-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Yes Albie 10.00 at the petrol station is fine.(weather permitting)

gary tompkins
13-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Alan is it the rose and crown?

alan c
13-10-2010, 12:52 PM
i think its the rose and crown :fou:

gary tompkins
13-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Oh good - I wasn't sure :scratch:

Shuffy
17-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Work and a heavy cold mean I won't be out to play but enjoy the Autumn sunshine(!) and have a safe ride everyone.

alan c
17-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Thats a shame Chris, we had a good day, see you soon.

Sorry we missed you Oz, we waited until 11am you must of just missed us, where did you go ????

BigOz
18-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi,

I hope I didn't cause you to be late at the other end or have to use too much Motorway.

My trouble all started with watching the MotoGP live (and the Qualification the night before) I went back to bed once it was over then got up again but a bit late and tired.
That caused me to bin the route I had planned through A roads in the cuds and to use the motorway, a quick look at Google maps on my iPhone and off I went, mistakenly thinking the A21 turn off on the M25 was between the M20 and M2 instead of the M26 and M20 (should have zoomed in more). Ended up on the A2 so took the A222 then A208 and A224 to the A21 but had to keep stopping to double check the map. Must get SatNav!

Decided to cut my losses once I got to the pub and rode down the A21 to the A262 then across to Biddenden and on to my parents and grab lunch there, then back down to the A28 to Ashford and along the A20 home.

Andy

gary tompkins
18-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Sounds like you did more miles than us on Sunday

Pity you missed the meet we had a nice ride on the A25. Having invested in the TomTom V2 early this year it's been money well spent. I added a car mount kit for it too so I can maximise use. It made navigating solo back from Italy in June relatively hassle free, and I only had to resort to maps for planning a route each day. Features like finding nearest petrol stations on route also proved to be a life saver.