PDA

View Full Version : Paddock stands

Rick Scannell
02-10-2010, 05:52 AM
Hi there,
Just back on a Ducati after six year absence!
Anyone any idea if the paddock stands advertised on e-Bay by Ricambi-Weiss (for example the AIO Paddock Stand at £20 or the STFL FRONT HEADSTOCK LIFT PADDOCK STAND at £34) are any good?
Any other suggestions?
Cheers
Rick

Gadget
02-10-2010, 06:29 AM
I have the single sider for the S2r.
It does flex if you run the engine in gear to help with oiling the chain.
It is stable otherwise.

Dave G
02-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Thats a pretty good price for a front headstock stand, I paid £50 for mine earlier this year.

uksurfer
02-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Hi there,
Just back on a Ducati after six year absence!
Anyone any idea if the paddock stands advertised on e-Bay by Ricambi-Weiss (for example the AIO Paddock Stand at £20 or the STFL FRONT HEADSTOCK LIFT PADDOCK STAND at £34) are any good?
Any other suggestions?
Cheers
Rick

i got the ricambi-weiss one a few years ago, its the one that can be used for front or back wheel, you can adjust the width, its fine for the odd job etc, but not as strong as some i have seen which are more expensive, but it was fine for what i needed it for!

Rick Scannell
02-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will give them a go.
Rick

Qba
02-10-2010, 03:55 PM
I use both, front and rear for S2R from them. Solid stuff, no complaints so far. Their service is good too. Speedy delivery.

Dukedesmo
03-10-2010, 08:05 PM
I have the Ricambi-Weiss STFL front stand, works perfectly on the monster (and my son's YBR125) and quality is fine. It's a real bargain at that price, I paid more for mine.

I did have to get a larger pin made to fit my 916 though.

Dave G
03-10-2010, 09:44 PM
I did have to get a larger pin made to fit my 916 though.

Your 916 had a hole in the bottom yoke?

Mine didn't, it was solid and was the reason I left my first stand behind with a mate when I moved back north.

Dukedesmo
04-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Your 916 had a hole in the bottom yoke?

Not originally, but I fitted Ohlins forks with a billet Ohlins bottom yoke (Ohlins forks are 3mm larger) which has a hole in, but the ID of the 916 stem is much bigger than the largest pin supplied with the stand and the sloppy fit meant it scuffed the front fairing when lifting and never really felt safe when up.

That said you could drill the bottom yoke out with no problem, I see no reason why Ducati didn't?

tomscotland
10-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I just saw this query. I bought a rear stand in Ebay from "Busters" in Wales for £14 odd and £5 delivery so all totalled £20, and it seems OK. I didn't see anything cheaper anywhere, and it's British.
Tom