PDA

View Full Version : Bike Alarm 1 Theiving Gits 0

dam
29-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Woke up this morning at 1:10am to the sound of my alarm going off then the sound of a van door shutting and the van zooming off...:grump: The guy upstairs said he had seen a white van driving around the block a few times and it was that one which they were obviously going to try and put it in the back of. Unfortunately he didn't get the number plate.

:grump::grump::grump::grump::grump::grump:

gremlin
29-09-2010, 08:03 PM
At least you're not mourning the loss of a beloved bike. Praps wait for them to see if they come back and get number then, some are persistant little bu66ers.

dam
29-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Hopefully the alarm has put them off. There is even a 2010 Hypermotard parked next door but they went for my monster (least they had taste!)

slipperyweeguy
29-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Have you notified the local cops - you would perhaps be surprised by how many ride bikes, and they do put the info about at the start of shift. I would do a separate note to the traffic division area office, which may be at Helen St, Govan. Maybe print off a note to all the neighbours asking them to call the cops if they see anyone messing with the bike?
Sadly, you must assume they will be back.

Scotty
29-09-2010, 08:27 PM
umm, bought a bigger lock and chain yet ?

dam
29-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Have you notified the local cops - you would perhaps be surprised by how many ride bikes, and they do put the info about at the start of shift. I would do a separate note to the traffic division area office, which may be at Helen St, Govan. Maybe print off a note to all the neighbours asking them to call the cops if they see anyone messing with the bike?
Sadly, you must assume they will be back.

Yep, phoned up Partick police station right away, said they would look out for any dodgy goings on (which in Glasgow is all the time:dizzy:)

dam
29-09-2010, 08:39 PM
umm, bought a bigger lock and chain yet ?

No, have heard a nice big set of bolt cutters do the trick nicely, anyway its quite a study set thats on.

Scotty
29-09-2010, 08:45 PM
once upon a time I thought about getting some sort of boat mooring chain the sort of thing that wont fit in croppers, however I gather its quite expensive heavy and properly wont fit through wheels ~:(

gremlin
29-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Wire to 12v battery may deter them, mains may a bit harsh!

He11cat
29-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Thats grim..
Yes assume they will be back and make life hard for them..
Mains a bit harsh for a bike thief????? Id want to nuke the barstewards!

JerryT
29-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Of course getting the number plate might help, but the van's prob nicked as well as the contents.

Gordon H
29-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Jeeez, seems to be open season on Monsters this week!!

gary tompkins
29-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Get plod to check out CCTV footage from the area

May have caught the van on tape and be able to get a number

samieb
30-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Hopefully the alarm has put them off. There is even a 2010 Hypermotard parked next door but they went for my monster (least they had taste!).

Monsters are great, but Hypers are better than you think. Very understated and being an owner of both, I speak from experience.

:biggrin: :woot: :cool:

Didge
30-09-2010, 06:49 PM
No, have heard a nice big set of bolt cutters do the trick nicely, anyway its quite a study set thats on.

Bolt cutters won't touch an Almax chain. Buy one of these, and chain your bike to something solid.
They won't move that bastard! ;)

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/

dam
30-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Bike now chained to a lampost