PDA

View Full Version : can you swop the immobilizer

motojohn
27-09-2010, 09:07 PM
i have problem a s4 that may have a immobilizer problem , i have a 620 ie that im working on i was just wondering if you can swop them around or will i have to swop the ignition as well:grump:

gary tompkins
27-09-2010, 10:33 PM
AFAIK you have to replace the clocks, immobiliser & ECU as a set as they are all coded to one another. This is why the racing guys junk the factory kit in favour of something like a Nemesis ECU. It's also the reason I deliberately picked a pre-factory immobiliser model 900ie for the trike donor. The clocks leak like a seive on 620's, and the immobilisers are starting to play up on a host of monsters, so it would seem electrics are still a weak point for Ducati. Perhaps we just aren't meant to ride them in the rain?

Gordon H
27-09-2010, 10:41 PM
what's an immobiliser - can't find any trace of one on mine..... :rolleyes:

Pomp1
27-09-2010, 11:16 PM

Accordingly to the owners manual:
"Immobiliser: one more things that can go wrong"

Nickj
27-09-2010, 11:18 PM

That'll be a really heavy shower for an IE ;)

It's a green safety feature not a fault, after all who'd want to ride on those wet slippry roads ?!?

Trent
28-09-2010, 05:42 AM
The immobiliser is built into the clocks / ECU - As gary said, if you swap 1 part, you have to swap them all as they're all coded together.

Obviously the S4 wouldn't run too good with a 620 ECU!

If you're asking if you can swap the immobiliser aerial from the 620 (it surrounds the ignition to pickup the signal from the key), then as long as it's the same part number, you should be OK.

I think Albie had problems with the aerial (or the connector / wiring) on his old S4...

Funkatronic
29-09-2010, 01:34 AM
could try talking to these people, not used them personally, just found them on google

ecu clinic (http://www.ecuclinic.com/)