PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 3rd Oct Eastleigh

uksurfer
27-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Breakfast at Gutsy's House

A few of us are meeting up at Gutsy's House for bacon buttie or two on Sunday morning in Eastleigh.
(please pm ~Alison 'Gutsy' for address and a postcode)

A group will be meeting at Stockbridge at 10.00 to travel down.
Or meet straight at the house for about 11.00 am

There will be a selection of leather/textile jackets and trousers for sale, various Gloves, Helmets, maybe some visors and other goodies at knockdown prices.
So if you need anything specific sizewise please let me know in advance and i'll try to bring it along.

Cheers
Martin :)

Gutsy
27-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Count me in!!!

Gordon H
27-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Gutsy
Gordon H (plus apprenctice cook)

Make a change only being a spit away from an event........ :biggrin:

MrsC_772
27-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Me too (and Andy, and his electrical tools).

Gutsy - do you have the service manual for your bike?

(Andy says he needs to know where in the wiring loom there is a switched battery feed or ignition switch feed so that (unlike on my bike, but as he's done to his Fazer) he can connect your heated grips in such a way that they only switch on when you switch the bike's ignition on, so you can't accidentally leave them when you turn off the ignition on and flatten the battery).

If Gutsy doesn't have one, does anyone else know where we can find a manual for the 800S ie with nice wiring loom diagrams?

chris yeatman
27-09-2010, 10:15 PM

(Andy says he needs to know where in the wiring loom there is a switched battery feed or ignition switch feed so that (unlike on my bike, but as he's done to his Fazer) he can connect your heated grips in such a way that they only switch on when you switch the bike's ignition on, so you can't accidentally leave them when you turn off the ignition on and flatten the battery).

If Gutsy doesn't have one, does anyone else know where we can find a manual for the 800S ie with nice wiring loom diagrams?

download a pdf off the net

singletrack
27-09-2010, 10:21 PM
I will have visitors, and possibly a hangover after my daughter's 21st so I will give this a miss.

Anne

Albie
27-09-2010, 10:33 PM

I did some on hunny monsters s4. I wired it into the back of one on the fuse box

Rally
27-09-2010, 11:02 PM

The horn or brake light feeds are favourites for wiring that only energises when the key is on. :)

chris yeatman
27-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Not sure wot im doing this sunday, mite be going up to santa pod raceway,
will let u all know nearer the day.

cheers
chris

Gamsa
28-09-2010, 07:08 AM
The horn or brake light feeds are favourites for wiring that only energises when the key is on. :)

Please, please, please don't do that! They may be favourites, but neither have thick enough wire for the current which heated grips draw. You will burn out the loom. You need to take a new feed from the fusebox.

Stuart42
28-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Hi all

am up for this, anyone want to meet at Andover will leave Shell garage about 945.

Who invited Del Boy Biggs along? Honestly knock down prices on all road gear. Cut My Own Throat Biggs

See you Sunday

Cheers
Stuart

Rally
28-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Please, please, please don't do that! They may be favourites, but neither have thick enough wire for the current which heated grips draw. You will burn out the loom. You need to take a new feed from the fusebox.

Not if you do the job properly and run it through a relay with the power lead direct from the battery and the on/off lead from the horn! I thought that would have been obvious. :dizzy:

Char
28-09-2010, 08:42 AM
:roger: Will have to see how bad my hangover is - not doing a repeat of last weekend!

Gordon H
28-09-2010, 08:44 AM
:roger: Will have to see how bad my hangover is - not doing a repeat of last weekend!

Surely you've heard of the miraculous recuperative powers of the bacon sandwich........... :biggrin:

Char
28-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Cant make this now - working all day :(

Mind you working with a hangover is OK - as I can sleep most the day :biggrin:

chris yeatman
28-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi all

am up for this, anyone want to meet at Andover will leave Shell garage about 945.

Who invited Del Boy Biggs along? Honestly knock down prices on all road gear. Cut My Own Throat Biggs

See you Sunday

Cheers
Stuart

do u think martins turned his s4 in to a yellow three wheeler, lol :mand: :spin:

AndyC_772
29-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Not if you do the job properly and run it through a relay with the power lead direct from the battery and the on/off lead from the horn! I thought that would have been obvious. :dizzy:
I've a feeling she said they were Motrax grips; if it's this type (http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products/000096/Motrax_Griptronic?src=fro) then it says they only draw 1.5A which shouldn't be a problem at all.

Gutsy: is there somewhere nearby where we can pick up things like relays and fuseholders in case we need them?

Stafford
29-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Who's bringing the wire cutters? :fiery:

Gordon H
29-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Gutsy: is there somewhere nearby where we can pick up things like relays and fuseholders in case we need them?

Only local option on a Sunday morning is the local Halfords................

Rally
29-09-2010, 11:08 PM

That's not work Char! :dizzy:

Gordon H
29-09-2010, 11:23 PM
That's not work Char! :dizzy:

Hey man, bit late to be shouting.......and I've got one of my heads..... :dizzy:

Gutsy
30-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Weather looks wet and miserable, but rest assured, the bacon butties will be very well worth the effort - and that's a promise. Halfords, B&Q are Homebase are not too far away if needs be.... including helpful neighbours!

Char
30-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Hey man, bit late to be shouting.......and I've got one of my heads..... :dizzy:

Get paid = work - its hard work napping

AndyC_772
30-09-2010, 07:16 PM
OK, cool... do you have somewhere dry to work on the bike?

bex
30-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Don't mind rain but chucking it down all the way from London might not be too pleasant, hum :(

Rally
30-09-2010, 10:07 PM
If the weather is going to be wet, I'm sorry to say that I won't be brave enough (or stupid enough!) to get my bike out in it either! Let's hope the forecast is wrong...........

Mr Free Market
01-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Sadly the weather looks as though it will be utterly rubbish - I think I will leave my darling under her cosy warm covers in the nice warm barn this weekend.

Lets hope that the weather is a bit better for the Box Hill run

chris yeatman
01-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Don't mind rain but chucking it down all the way from London might not be too pleasant, hum :(

wimp, lol :chuckle: ;) :p :running:

Gamsa
01-10-2010, 07:38 AM
If you've got a separate on-off lead, then sure, take it from the horn/brake lights. What people do instead is pull all the power through the brake feed. Even a couple of a amps through that bell wire isn't the best idea. I've had a loom burnt out on a Triumph because of this. That's why the heated grips come with a couple of meters of thicker wire with an inline fuseholder to connect to the battery. If you want a switched supply, why not just run it to the back of the fusebox, which means you don't have to cut any wires?

I've a feeling she said they were Motrax grips; if it's this type (http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products/000096/Motrax_Griptronic?src=fro) then it says they only draw 1.5A which shouldn't be a problem at all.

bex
01-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Didnt you say you might be going from nearby Chris, in your CAR?!?! I'll give you wimp!

Might go afterall, still havent got around to that post-Belgium wash (the bike that is)... rain might do the trick.

Rally
01-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Might go afterall, still havent got around to that post-Belgium wash (the bike that is)... rain might do the trick.

Bex, Belgium was more about flies than dirt and the wet Sunday weather will help soften them up and make them fall off. Good planning girl!

As for you not having washed yet, well, what can we say? sniff, sniff..................:rolleyes:

bex
01-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Dunno what you're talking about, I can smell you from as close as Reading when I'm heading out west country!

Admittedly, it wasn't that dirty after Belgium, its got dirty since blatting around town in the wet.

uksurfer
01-10-2010, 12:45 PM
you can't beat a dirty bike imho

gary tompkins
01-10-2010, 12:59 PM
I'll have to pass the Trike's clutch is knackered and I'm shopping for new plates

JerryT
01-10-2010, 01:17 PM

Working on a Sunday? Blasphemy!! Poor you. :cry:

Stuart42
01-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi All

daren't take mine out in the rain as you all know its spotless and I can't sleep when its dirty.

Only joking. All being well be at Stockbridge for 10 leaving Shell garage Andover 945 for those that want to meet me there.

Cheers
Stuart

chris yeatman
01-10-2010, 07:28 PM
hey stuart, will u be riding ur bike in the rain????

gary tompkins
01-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Oh dear - it's looking very bad for Sunday

http://metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=Eastleigh&day=2

Gordon H
01-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Oh dear - it's looking very bad for Sunday

http://metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=Eastleigh&day=2

It's not much better here now!! :cry:

uksurfer
01-10-2010, 08:22 PM
maybe i'll take a brolly then, don't want to get wet walking from the car to the house :mand:

chris yeatman
01-10-2010, 08:24 PM
maybe i'll take a brolly then, don't want to get wet walking from the car to the house :mand:

gunna tape one to my helmet :chuckle: :rolleyes:

Gordon H
01-10-2010, 08:33 PM
gunna tape one to my helmet :chuckle: :rolleyes:

That sounds SO wrong on so many levels..............

chris yeatman
01-10-2010, 08:37 PM
That sounds SO wrong on so many levels..............

Really, ur mind is as dirty as bexs bike :chuckle:

MrsC_772
01-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Suspect we'll be in the Scooby rather than on the bikes - there'll be more room to carry tools for sorting Gutsy's heated grips.

chris yeatman
02-10-2010, 07:52 AM
gutsy, or anybody, has anyone got a post code for gutsys place??

please pm me with it, dont write it on thread

cheers
chris

Gordon H
02-10-2010, 08:16 AM

please pm me with it, dont write it on thread

cheers
chris

Jeez man bit loud for this time in the a.m.........

uksurfer
02-10-2010, 08:21 AM

cheers
chris

pm sent mate

Stuart42
02-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Anybody meeting me at Andover? Leaving at 945 if you are.

Cheers
Stuart

bex
02-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Possibly...

bex
02-10-2010, 10:44 AM
.....not?!

uksurfer
02-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Meeting at Andover 0945

Stuart42

Meeting at Stockbridge 1000

uksurfer (down the road)
Chris yeatman

Gutsy's House 1100

Gutsy
GordonH
Bex

Stuart42
02-10-2010, 11:06 AM
By down the road you mean Timsbury?

Meeting at Andover 0945

Stuart42

uksurfer (down the road)
Chris yeatman

Gutsy's House 1100

Gutsy
GordonH
Bex

chris yeatman
02-10-2010, 03:54 PM
pm sent mate

cheers mate.

MrsC_772
02-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Meeting at Andover 0945

Stuart42

uksurfer (down the road)
Chris yeatman

Gutsy's House 1100

Gutsy
GordonH
Bex
MrsC_772
AndyC_772

uksurfer
03-10-2010, 08:29 AM
wet roads here today, windy with the occasional light rain so far, forecast looks like it might be light rain rather than torrential!

Stafford
03-10-2010, 08:40 AM
wet roads here today, windy with the occasional light rain so far, forecast looks like it might be light rain rather than torrential!

Howling wind (not me) and rain here, nice warm car though

chris yeatman
03-10-2010, 08:41 AM
gunna be a big wimp and go in the car :thumbsdown:

Stuart42
03-10-2010, 09:31 AM
gunna be a big wimp and go in the car :thumbsdown:

Are you now going straight to Alisons now?

chris yeatman
03-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Are you now going straight to Alisons now?

sorry missed this post mate.

uksurfer
03-10-2010, 04:43 PM
good to meet up with everyone today, and the biggest respect to Stuart and Bex who made it on bikes!!
Bacon sarnies were great thanks to Alison and Gordon and his young chef, and the bananas were well worth a try!
cheers martin:ukm:

chris yeatman
03-10-2010, 04:47 PM
A big thank u to gutsy and gordon for the tea and bacon buttys, lovely bacon.
great to see everybody,
i hope stuart and bex got home safely, hardcore bikers!!!
and them also that were in cars, like me (wimp)

cheers
chris

JerryT
03-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Sorry I didn't come :-(
it sounds like you all had fun... and to think I used to commute in all weathers on a bike.
What a wuss I've become. Must try harder.
Oh well, fingers crossed for Box Hill...

Liz
03-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks Gutsy for opening up your house for brekkie. Great to see everyone today!

MrsC_772
03-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Big thanks to Gutsy for putting up with the Monster invasion today (and for the endless cups of tea and coffee and food - there was more bacon than even Chris could eat!)

Not sure the bacon and banana butty is the taste sensation I've been waiting for these last 36 years, but I gave it a go. Maybe it makes more sense in the southern hemisphere.

Extra rufty tufty biker points go to Stuart and Bex for turning up on bikes. It would appear Stuart's act of buying a warm waterproof jacket was enough to keep the rain gods placated for the rest of the day!

AndyC_772
03-10-2010, 07:42 PM
and them also that were in cars, like me (wimp)

Lol :) Just using the right tool for the job... bit of a theme going here :D

Nice to see everyone again, great turnout given the lousy weather. Thanks for the bacon butties and the endless cups of tea and coffee :)

Stafford
03-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks Alison for a great spread this morning.
Kudos to the two on bikes the weather was foul even in the car.
Banana and bacon works for me maybe because I'm older.....

Gordon H
03-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah, great way to spend a Sunday - always a pleasure getting together with you guys.

TBH Ali had most of the food on the go by the time I got there and Andrew did more to keep the drinks supply up together - I was in more of an errrrr "supervisory" role....... :scratch:

Thanks Ali !!

Andrew now has all his kit together - if I can convince him to get on the back I may get out on the Box Hill ride .......

Cheers

G

bex
03-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Great to see everyone today; dry ride home thankfully after the soaking getting there!

Thanks Gutsy for saving my soaking iphone!, and ofcourse having us all and for the endless supply of bacon and tea; and Stafford and Andrew for continually bringing the tea and coffee in :biggrin:

Thanks Chris for the water repellant too!

See you all next time xx

Stuart42
04-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi All

great to see you all and for the coffee and butties.

Hope the wet gear didn't make too much of a mess.

On the way back was lucky as on the other side of the road I saw a huge piece of tree come down, glad it was on the other side.

See you all soon

Cheers
Stuart

Gutsy
04-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks to all who made it to me, despite the weather. Serious brownie points to Bex and Stuart - maybe you should write an article on good weather gear or not....

It was great to see you all at mine - and glad no one left feeling peckish or thirsty.
Thanks to all the helpers as well.

Big big big thanks to Andy C (and Eleanor for patiently waiting) for fitting my heated grips. O M G, I have never seen such a professional and pefect job eva! It's a showpiece, honestly so anyone care to view Andy's work of art, feel free! And besides, I tried them out this evening and had hot little paws by the time I got home.... cold legs but hot hands! Was thinking about asking Andy if he could "hot wire" my whole bike to keep me nice n warm!

AndyC_772
05-10-2010, 09:21 PM
*shucks* :spin: