PDA

View Full Version : Arrow Mill 2011

MOB_Sven
26-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Hi guys, can anyone tell me when you're planning the weekender? So I can post it on the MOB forum.

:ukm:

rollo22
26-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Its the 27/30 May the last holiday w/e of the month

MrsC_772
26-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Is that a definite date for Arrow Mill 2011 Rollo, because this year it was the early May bank holiday weekend not the late one.

Would definitely be up for Arrow Mill again next year.

rollo22
26-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Sure is MrsC

UKMOC are confirmed as being booked in for 2nd May bank holiday in 2011

(May 27th/28th/29th)

Gordon H
26-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Hang on - is this an official attendee list kicking off???

LouSCannon
26-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Arrow Mill planning normally starts around December time.

uksurfer
26-09-2010, 07:29 PM
wait until the booking forms come out and then secure your place, it worked well last year thanks to Albie!
I'm sure you'll get plenty of notice..... :biggrin:

rollo22
26-09-2010, 07:34 PM
No it cos MOB need dates for there calendar

Gordon H
26-09-2010, 07:38 PM
wait until the booking forms come out and then secure your place, it worked well last year thanks to Albie!
I'm sure you'll get plenty of notice..... :biggrin:

Aye - just checking........... :chuckle:

Albie
26-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Yes it is the second bank holiday. I dont know if I am doing it this year as its not my decision . That is our presidents and its normally around early december when the forms will be published with 2011 on it so dont use 2010 ones LOL.

If I were to do it I would give notice of the day and time so everybody knew and not do it a 09.00 so those at work were unaware. I would do it on a Friday evening but thats me see. Fair..... :biggrin::ukm:

Anyhow I have loads to do me... Calendars ,1100s blinging and 600ss stripdown and rebuild

Capo
26-09-2010, 07:51 PM
i think we are definately going to need additional accomodation.

Albie
26-09-2010, 07:53 PM
i think we are definately going to need additional accomodation.

There is a travel lodge 1 mile away. Shuffy stayed there last year and mealed at the mill.

LouSCannon
26-09-2010, 07:54 PM
And camping also

Albie
26-09-2010, 07:58 PM
And camping also

Its fun as we did it for two years and would do it again. It was geat when gilps had his circus tent detached 8 bedroom one . There was a party going on in there. Kept us up but was fun listening LOL:biggrin:

LouSCannon
26-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Had crossed my mind for next year, seeing as the Warwick IBM office is only down the road I could leave the gear at the Mill and pick up whenever I was next down there.

Shame is I sold my cool 6 man pop up tent (You put it up like a giant umbrella) when we moved house :/

gary tompkins
26-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Hmm.. Jim and a pop up tent eh?

MOB_Sven
28-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi Guys, Just because some asked me and I wasn't sure of the possible date. We'll wait till december to pick up the posts... but so now I can put it allready on my calender so' I'm sure I can get some time off... We're also planning (Stef and Me) to go up the week before to Liverpool/Manchester so we can ride along the Lake district.

See you'll soon,

Sven

Albie
28-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi Guys, Just because some asked me and I wasn't sure of the possible date. We'll wait till december to pick up the posts... but so now I can put it allready on my calender so' I'm sure I can get some time off... We're also planning (Stef and Me) to go up the week before to Liverpool/Manchester so we can ride along the Lake district.

See you'll soon,

Sven

You'll luv the lake district sven. Plenty on here can give you some roads or place to see up there.

Gordon H
28-09-2010, 08:22 PM
You'll luv the lake district sven. Plenty on here can give you some roads or place to see up there.

Aye, stay on the M6 / M74 past Gretna into the real scenery....... :rolleyes:

Stafford
29-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Aye, stay on the M6 / M74 past Gretna into the real scenery....... :rolleyes:

I thought the real scenery started after Glasgow?

Capo
29-09-2010, 02:31 PM

Yes and maybe a few who will guide you.

LouSCannon
29-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Already offered a tour of proper roads and scenery, the Peak District, not the tourist tosh in the Lake District with roads chock full of caravans and coach trips.

Where else can you visit the Devil's Arse....

Blufoot
29-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Its fun as we did it for two years and would do it again. It was geat when gilps had his circus tent detached 8 bedroom one . There was a party going on in there. Kept us up but was fun listening LOL:biggrin:

I camped there for the weekender years ago, on saturday morning all the bikes started up, then a helicopter landed and took off, neither of which woke me up!

Great weekend, if anyone hasnt been yet you should

Albie
29-09-2010, 04:58 PM
I camped there for the weekender years ago, on saturday morning all the bikes started up, then a helicopter landed and took off, neither of which woke me up!

Did you have a good nite in the bar then.

Stafford
29-09-2010, 05:14 PM

There's some nice scenery in South Wales as well, where else can you visit Lord Herefords Knob?

Gordon H
29-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Already offered a tour of proper roads and scenery, the Peak District, not the tourist tosh in the Lake District with roads chock full of caravans and coach trips.

Always thought those "in the know" referred to it as simply "The Peak"........ :biggrin:

Gordon H
29-09-2010, 06:09 PM
I thought the real scenery started after Glasgow?

There's some great open spaces around the A74 before you get into Lanarkshire, but yeah you got me there......

(And I thought I was pedantic.......) ;)

crust
29-09-2010, 06:36 PM
There might be a definitive answer to the banter of which area is best, with their agreement maybe you could talk them into a game of 'pass the MOB'?

As they pass through your area you show them the best roads.

Capo
29-09-2010, 07:20 PM
There might be a definitive answer to the banter of which area is best, with their agreement maybe you could talk them into a game of 'pass the MOB'?

As they pass through your area you show them the best roads.

I was thinking along those lines myself, it's a rather boring ride up north on the M6

SazzaG
29-09-2010, 08:39 PM
After 6 weekenders in a row, me and Rog won't be able to make it next year :grump:

However, it's all for a good reason - us and the other members of UKMuck (the off-road contingent of UKMOC) are going to the Isle of Man for some muddy fun! Plus we'll be able to catch the Southern Hundred classic racing, and the first practice sessions of the TT :spin:

We'll be thinking of you all tucking into your hog roast :biggrin:

SazzaG
29-09-2010, 08:40 PM

That must have been a fair few years ago Blu! We never overlapped at the weekender, and I first went in 2005 (not to make you feel old, or anything :eyepopping:)

MOB_Sven
05-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Hi guys, thanx for all the offers for the roads. When it's januari I'll start gathering some info from you guys for the things to visit.. just a few more months of waiting. We're planning to visit London this new year. Staying whit some good friends in London.. :)

See you all soon,

Sven and Stefanie

Julie
06-10-2010, 06:22 AM
After 6 weekenders in a row, me and Rog won't be able to make it next year :grump:

However, it's all for a good reason - us and the other members of UKMuck (the off-road contingent of UKMOC) are going to the Isle of Man for some muddy fun! Plus we'll be able to catch the Southern Hundred classic racing, and the first practice sessions of the TT :spin:

We'll be thinking of you all tucking into your hog roast :biggrin:

This will be the first weekender Ruth and I wont be coming to!

THe IOM calls - we will miss the rain at arrow mill and the laughter and you monters.