PDA

View Full Version : short Termis

Mark Taylor
26-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi guys, I have been meaning to put a post up about my short high-level termis for ages so here goes, Having done a tail chop I had to shorten the pipes by about 5" to stop the dreaded 'wheelbarrow' look, I love the clean lines now, and they remind me of the micron 'bean cans' I had on my 350LC when I was a boy, check them out..http://Monster .4.jpg

Dukedesmo
04-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Nice, I've got hi-level carbon termis to fit to my M900, done a test fit but need to get/make some mounting brackets for the cans to fit to the frame. How are yours fixed?

Mark Taylor
04-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Because of the tail chop I couldn't use the standard termi brackets, so I used some industrial strength cable clips from work attatched to the grab handles under the seat - just the job. I will post a photo on thurs or fri - let me know if you want some or if you want the standard termi brackets - Cheers - Mark.

Dukedesmo
04-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Well I've not seen the standard termi brackets as I got the cans as they are and the bike without any cans, I'm also not using the stock footrests (I don't know if they have mounting points?) at the moment I've got it setup in the garage with cable ties holding the exhaust on and I was considering welding tabs to the frame to fix the cans but if there's something bolt-on available that works then I'm all for it.

Will be interested to see your brackets and the standard termi brackets, although I may yet chop the tail.

rac3r
04-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I've got the same cans on mine (standard length) yours must be soooo loud now because they are pretty loud normally!

Darkness
05-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Well I've not seen the standard termi brackets as I got the cans as they are and the bike without any cans, I'm also not using the stock footrests (I don't know if they have mounting points?) at the moment I've got it setup in the garage with cable ties holding the exhaust on and I was considering welding tabs to the frame to fix the cans but if there's something bolt-on available that works then I'm all for it.

Will be interested to see your brackets and the standard termi brackets, although I may yet chop the tail.

As standard the high level termis mount off a couple of triangular alloy brackets that mount to the frame.

There is a small one on the offside that fixes to the seat lock bolts, but can clash with the seat release lever thingy: depends on year of frame/lock.

On the nearside there is a much bigger plate that goes horizontally under the seat and is held by the mudguard/undertray mounting bolts.

I've got the Termi fitting brochure somewhere, but it's not very helpful!

The other thing to note is that if you use standard footrest hangers you have to space them off the frame to provide clearance for the link pipes to pass behind them. Depending what rearsets you fit that may be an issue [Or not].

:spin::spin:

Dukedesmo
05-10-2010, 12:57 PM
OK I'll look out for some brackets although I may make some, I'm thinking of welding tabs to the frame which I'll be painting anyway, just need to finalise a design.

I'll be using S&P rearsets that fit in front of the pipes and don't plan on getting the (optional) pillion pegs but presumably they could be spaced if I did get them.

mholc123
05-10-2010, 06:27 PM
I just made up some small brackets for mine, but I also cut the exhausts down to avoid the wheelbarrow effect. Cue some arty photo's

mholc123
05-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Oops .......... Cue arty photo's

Mark Taylor
05-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Yes they are proper loud - the bass note feels like its moving your internal organs around!! I had to fit DB killers (Booo!) but I can hear the clutch much better now (Yay!).

Mark Taylor
06-10-2010, 08:36 PM

As reqested - termi bracketshttp://termibracket .jpg

Capo
06-10-2010, 09:16 PM
This pic shows the installation

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm143/Tarugo996/AP1000296.jpg

Dukedesmo
06-10-2010, 09:42 PM
This pic shows the installation

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm143/Tarugo996/AP1000296.jpg

That looks good, Although I wonder why they didn't just make a single double-sided bracket?

Dukedesmo
06-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Because of the tail chop I couldn't use the standard termi brackets, so I used some industrial strength cable clips from work attatched to the grab handles under the seat - just the job. I will post a photo on thurs or fri - let me know if you want some or if you want the standard termi brackets - Cheers - Mark.

Further to your pics and Capo's installed pics, I'm wondering why you couldn't use the brackets on a chopped tail?

But if your brackets are surplus to requirements and you don't mind parting with them then I'm definitely interested. :thumbsup:

Mark Taylor
07-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Yep - surplus to requirements and open to offers.

Dukedesmo
11-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Got the brackets, big thanks to Mark (and for the cuppa!) :thumbsup:

Cans fit fine and line up nicely now, only need about 99 more parts now... :chuckle: