PDA

View Full Version : 33bhp restictor kit

krankitover
23-09-2010, 05:02 PM
my daughter has just passed her test and after a 600 monster
have spoken to various peple and seems to be different views re this
no one has been asked for paperwork by insurers.
so wondering if anyone has a kit for sale that i could fit myself or has anyone got a restricted bike for sale
would welcome any views on subject

dunlop0_1
23-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Louise never had to produce any paperwork while on a restricted licence however, if you made a claim and did'nt have it then you will have problems like 'your not insured'. Dealer charged me £30 for certificate.

The genuine part fastens to one of the float bowl screws and retricts the movement of the throttle quadrant. You could fabricate one of you could get hold of a picture. I think i gave the one Louise had to LisaW (user name) Pm her and see if she has done with it.

Neil.

rac3r
23-09-2010, 07:38 PM
A certificate doesn't mean anything. It has no legal status. Rosso corse did mine for 30 and I think there are two types

J_Dub
23-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Insurance companies don't ask to see the certificate, but no doubt would want to see the certificate in the event of a claim. The police may also want to see the certificate if they do a check on bike and rider. To get the certificate, the restrictor kit has to be fitted by a registered dealer.

rac3r
23-09-2010, 07:52 PM
The certificate means nothing beleive be it has been discussed many times. If you really want one make it on word, if the police want to know they wont accept a paper certificate instead they will have it tested

gremlin
24-09-2010, 07:17 AM
i have restricted 4 bikes this month, and have had 3 phonecalls from insurance companies checking up to make sure the certificates are real.
something has changed, i must have done at least 30 bikes over the past year and only in the last month has anyone checked up.
anyone can certify something, the certificate in theory means nothing, a dyno run proving the power output used to be sufficientm but i guess the insurance companies are trying to tighten up, not helped by people selling certificates on ebay .

Mr G

Gordon H
24-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Hijack - My son should be getting his test out of the way in the next couple of months and the idea is that he'll be looking to get off his 125 onto a bigger bike, with a 600 Monnie near the top of the wish list (along with other Jap options).

Just wondering how practical an m600 would be for an 18 year old........ especially with the restriction issues. Or maybe he'd be better off waiting a couple of years with the 125 or perhaps a 400 to work up some NCB......... though he does like the idea of a Monster (showing extremely good taste) end hijack.

rac3r
24-09-2010, 04:22 PM
My 620 is my first big bike and I would recommend in to anyone, the restriction doesn't make that much difference to be honest. You can feel it mostly 60mph + and it was the cheapest 600 for me to insure so yeah they are great

Dougalthedog
25-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Ive got the two restrictor discs that go in the inlet manifolds from a 600 monster made by Fi Alpha

Give me a ring 07852 976177 if you are interested - dont want much for them.

krankitover
03-10-2010, 02:03 PM
cant accept pms for some reason
email me directly to email address i sent you in last pm

does anyone know why i cant get pms and am listed as a guest help please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkness
03-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Hijack**2

"send lawyers, guns and money, the sh*t has hit the fan"..........

Warren Zevon too: I'm suitably impressed!

:spin::spin:

Gordon H
03-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Warren Zevon too: I'm suitably impressed!

Wait till Roland or a couple of werewolves put in an appearance..... :on:

Darkness
04-10-2010, 11:48 AM
:spin::spin:Wait till Roland or a couple of werewolves put in an appearance..... :on:

Anyone for chow mein at Lee Ho Fook's?

adam15
12-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Hijack - My son should be getting his test out of the way in the next couple of months and the idea is that he'll be looking to get off his 125 onto a bigger bike, with a 600 Monnie near the top of the wish list (along with other Jap options).

Just wondering how practical an m600 would be for an 18 year old........ especially with the restriction issues. Or maybe he'd be better off waiting a couple of years with the 125 or perhaps a 400 to work up some NCB......... though he does like the idea of a Monster (showing extremely good taste) end hijack.

I had my monster at 17 so nothing wrong with it as a first big bike and you don't suffer too much from having the restriction on it so it not affected in terms of its weight/power ratio

adam15
12-10-2010, 08:35 PM
I have also heard that the certificate means nothing however I do understand how 'funny' various people can be in regards to this so in my opinion if you want to make sure that it is all legal then just get the kit fitted properly so you get the certificate too.

Bunny
12-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Tom rode our 620 restricted for his first over 125cc bike. As others have said, does not make a huge difference at legal speeds anyway.
As for certificates, we dyno all our resticted bikes instead, as the police want a proof of bhp, not a proof of fitting - any other mod to the bike could change the bhp even if a kit is fitted.

Gordon H
12-10-2010, 09:56 PM

Anyone for chow mein at Lee Ho Fook's?

"You better stay away from him, he'll rip your lungs out Jim".

Gordon H
12-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I had my monster at 17 so nothing wrong with it as a first big bike and you don't suffer too much from having the restriction on it so it not affected in terms of its weight/power ratio

Thanks - I'll bear it in mind........

Capo
12-10-2010, 10:07 PM
"You better stay away from him, he'll rip your lungs out Jim".

Yeah but I'd like to meet his tailor

Darkness
13-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah but I'd like to meet his tailor

Ow Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!