chris yeatman

Gordon H
22-09-2010, 08:24 PM
chris yeatman
Gordon H

Sounds like a plan......

Albie
22-09-2010, 09:00 PM
I wont be able to make it. Im out purchasing some carbon fibre and rizoma stuff on sunday. Yes really I am .......................:D

Char
22-09-2010, 09:14 PM
work dependant as usual

uksurfer
22-09-2010, 09:15 PM
i'm washing my hair, sorry :D

ladybird
22-09-2010, 10:12 PM
will be in devon this weekend

MrsC_772
22-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Might be up for it, depending on the weather.

Bike still filthy after Scotland, and we need to spend Saturday on alcohol related activities (bottling our winter warmer ale and picking the grapes and attempting to make wine) so it might be a very grubby 696 that makes it to Salisbury on Sunday.

Gutsy
24-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Hmmm, could be a plan but the weather needs to get its act together and at least warm up by a degree or eleventeen.

bex
24-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Positive response so far Chris!

chris yeatman
24-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Positive response so far Chris!

cheers bex
not to bad, tho will have to see who turns up on the day.

Gordon H
24-09-2010, 08:29 PM
cheers bex
not to bad, tho will have to see who turns up on the day.

Meeting at the cafe for 10 ??

chris yeatman
24-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Meeting at the cafe for 10 ??

yeah, 10- 1030

cheers
chris

barbican
24-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Will come along if the weathers OK

chris yeatman
24-09-2010, 09:11 PM

that would be great if u can.

Char
24-09-2010, 09:42 PM

You going in the naughty corner or your bought that S4RS????

barbican
24-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Still in the naughty corner....but still tempted

He11cat
24-09-2010, 10:58 PM
You have had a lucky escape!! I was due in Hampshire today .. I broke down :(
If i can get bike looked at tomorrow I may try again as I need to get some stuff sorted then a social call.
I thought I was heading to Guilford !! Then saw ohh im going to Hampshire..

Bike was badly abused in Hampshire and is a Hampshire bike .. he said I am not going back got stubborn with me and made he turn about !!
I did wonder about 125'ing it .. then decided bigger that for a game of soldiers!

Gordon H
24-09-2010, 11:24 PM
You have had a lucky escape!! I was due in Hampshire today ..Then saw ohh im going to Hampshire..Bike was badly abused in Hampshire and is a Hampshire bike

Mel - the cafe is in Wiltshire but the Hants / Wilts lot are typical country types and very, very close - in fact almost indistinguishable from each other........ :rolleyes:

He11cat
25-09-2010, 12:00 AM
I travelled and lived round there .. I lived in Swindon !! :) its ok I am used to them folks..
I am hopeless when it comes to directions and geography !
Its ok I don't think bike will be fixed for a week or so :( your safe from us.

granite785
25-09-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm up for this one. Anyone else coming from Basingstoke/Andover? could meet along the way.
If not see you all at the caff

MrsC_772
25-09-2010, 08:35 PM
We'll be coming down from Farnborough, but not sure which way. (Depends on whether we wake up and get up early enough to take a more interesting route or just get on the M3 and A303).

Hari
25-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Would love to come along, but a bit too far for me! A few of us are riding down the Wye Valley to Chepstow in the morning, so hoping for some good weather

Have a good one

chris yeatman
25-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Would love to come along, but a bit too far for me! A few of us are riding down the Wye Valley to Chepstow in the morning, so hoping for some good weather

Have a good one

no worries,
ride safe.

chris yeatman
26-09-2010, 07:40 AM
weather update for salisbury.
dry with sunny spells, but cold high temp of 11'c @ 7.40 am
also table booked for all of us.

Stafford
26-09-2010, 07:54 AM
weather update for salisbury.
dry with sunny spells, but cold @ 7.40 am

Will it be warmer after 7.40 Chris or do I need my thermals?

PS Clutch plates in bag

chris yeatman
26-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Will it be warmer after 7.40 Chris or do I need my thermals?

PS Clutch plates in bag

i would put them on, can always take them off if get to hot!

MrsC_772
26-09-2010, 08:18 AM
The Michelin man look for me then this morning (my Shoei textile jacket with lots of jumpers underneath)!

Gordon H
26-09-2010, 08:42 AM
The Michelin man look for me then this morning (my Shoei textile jacket with lots of jumpers underneath)!

Not that bad - a balmy 13 degs right now.........

Rally
26-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Denim jeans for me! Lovely here.

chris yeatman
26-09-2010, 09:01 AM
shorts and t shirt, lol

uksurfer
26-09-2010, 09:42 AM
have fun! maybe next time :biggrin:

chris yeatman
26-09-2010, 12:51 PM
just got home after my long ride back.
thanks to those that turned up, 11 of us in all.
till the next time, ride safe
and hope to see u all on martins run up to box hill 17th october.
cheers
chris

rollo22
26-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Had a cunning plan to attend but over slept.

AndyC_772
26-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Great to see everyone this morning :)

BUT: can I please ask everyone who was there to check this thread (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=38945) as we found evidence of malicious damage having occurred to Eleanor's bike once we got home. Let's hope it's an isolated incident.

MrsC_772
26-09-2010, 02:31 PM
PLEASE CHECK YOUR BIKES CAREFULLY!

After all the discussion of heated grips in the car park and cafe, mine weren't working on the way home. (As Gutsy will attest, they were most definitely working when I arrived at the cafe)

Looking at the bike as I cleaned it when we got home, the right hand heated grip wire appeared to have been cut! (Given the position of the break in the wire relative to moving parts of the throttle and brake lever, I cannot see how the wire could have been trapped and broken by being caught up, and the plastic insulation looked cleanly cut rather than squashed or torn. Andy (who knows a thing or two about knackered electronics and bits of wire) reckoned it could have been cut by a multi-tool or knife as opposed to proper wire cutters as the actual metal wires were not as neatly cut).

I'm worried and confused.

Can anyone think of a plausible explanation other than sabotage for the damage discovered?

If I am right, and someone has cut it deliberately, why would they do this?
- Have I really upset or offended someone?
- Did someone make a deliberate decision to damage my bike in a way that would be annoying but not life threatening, unlike e.g. cutting a brake line?
- Did a malicious moron mistake the heated grip cable for a throttle cable, and cut it in the hope of stopping me riding away (and if so, was this with a view to coming back and loading my bike into a van and nicking it later)? (I can't help but think the sort of bike thief who pre-plans in that way should at least be able to recognise the throttle cable! Maybe I'm crediting thieving scumbags with more intelligence than is deserved)

Did any of the other UKMOCers who were at the Hilltop cafe see anyone else looking at or fiddling with my bike after Andy & I had headed into the cafe? There were lots of cars and other groups of bikers who came and went into the Hilltop car park, while we were there.

Why me?

Anyone know if the Hilltop cafe has CCTV?

Andy has tried phoning the cafe but they're not answering (I guess they're busy with Sunday lunchers).

Rally - did you get an e-mail address for the cafe? Could you let me have it so I can get in touch with them and ask if they have CCTV, whether they've spotted anything, whether anything like this has happened before.

Gordon H
26-09-2010, 02:41 PM
info@hilltopdiner.co.uk

email address for the cafe

MrsC_772
26-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks Gordon.

Have e-mailed the cafe. Andy's on the phone to them now as well ... Will see what they say.

Gordon H
26-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks Gordon.

Have e-mailed the cafe. Andy's on the phone to them now as well ... Will see what they say.

No probs - keep us posted........

chris yeatman
26-09-2010, 06:50 PM
PLEASE CHECK YOUR BIKES CAREFULLY!

After all the discussion of heated grips in the car park and cafe, mine weren't working on the way home. (As Gutsy will attest, they were most definitely working when I arrived at the cafe)

Looking at the bike as I cleaned it when we got home, the right hand heated grip wire appeared to have been cut! (Given the position of the break in the wire relative to moving parts of the throttle and brake lever, I cannot see how the wire could have been trapped and broken by being caught up, and the plastic insulation looked cleanly cut rather than squashed or torn. Andy (who knows a thing or two about knackered electronics and bits of wire) reckoned it could have been cut by a multi-tool or knife as opposed to proper wire cutters as the actual metal wires were not as neatly cut).

I'm worried and confused.

Can anyone think of a plausible explanation other than sabotage for the damage discovered?

If I am right, and someone has cut it deliberately, why would they do this?
- Have I really upset or offended someone?
- Did someone make a deliberate decision to damage my bike in a way that would be annoying but not life threatening, unlike e.g. cutting a brake line?
- Did a malicious moron mistake the heated grip cable for a throttle cable, and cut it in the hope of stopping me riding away (and if so, was this with a view to coming back and loading my bike into a van and nicking it later)? (I can't help but think the sort of bike thief who pre-plans in that way should at least be able to recognise the throttle cable! Maybe I'm crediting thieving scumbags with more intelligence than is deserved)

Did any of the other UKMOCers who were at the Hilltop cafe see anyone else looking at or fiddling with my bike after Andy & I had headed into the cafe? There were lots of cars and other groups of bikers who came and went into the Hilltop car park, while we were there.

Why me?

Anyone know if the Hilltop cafe has CCTV?

Andy has tried phoning the cafe but they're not answering (I guess they're busy with Sunday lunchers).

Rally - did you get an e-mail address for the cafe? Could you let me have it so I can get in touch with them and ask if they have CCTV, whether they've spotted anything, whether anything like this has happened before.

sorry to hear this, as other thread as i am the closest to the cafe, if u need any help let me know.
hope this hasnt put off joining our meets, as we enjoy ur company!!!

cheers
chris

Rally
27-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Elanor, I have just got in to read these threads. I find it hard to believe that someone could stoop so low as to do such a thing. I see you already have the e-mail address etc now. I hope they do have cctv and we all find the scum, as we love the food there and have now negotiated a better deal for future visits as well!
Please keep us all informed. I will check my bike over tomorrow evening. It rode okay coming home though.