PDA

View Full Version : in which adam stops his helmet fitting...

the_adam
14-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Well...one day I had long hair and my helmet fitted and it was good. The next day I didn't and it didn't and it wasn't :thumbsdown:

Has anyone ever inflicted this problem on themselves and is there any way around it? I've still got my old RX6 which always fitted a bit better, hoping that Craft lining might swap! I'd just wear that but wouldnt feel too happy without getting it tested first...New helmet would be ideal but its not going to be possible for a while - the bike has been off the road since bank holiday waiting for a (far too expensive) stator to turn up, needs at least one new tyre and has the 15000 mile service and MOT coming next month (my wallet is trying not to panic too much!) On the plus side, at least it's given me time to fit those new bars I had sitting in the corner... :D

He11cat
14-09-2010, 11:08 PM
You cut your long hair off?????? why????? nooooooooo!!... good grief ... men honestly :) long hair is good!!

:( if you had pennies I would say a Simpson with a nomex lining... I have never had a better fit its like memory foam!!... (ok ok naughty naughty... but the quality of these lids are fantastic ! and you can get a legal one now)
One day I will be buying another.. I still have 2 but sold my nomex Diamondback.. sob.

tough that one .. my school of thought is a lid either fits or it doesn't really and I wouldn't bugger about with one..
Not like the numbskull at Brum show who told me to scoop the inner out of a roof boxer or flatten it with a spoon so it fitted me better .. this man was selling them!!!... I said il pass on that one !

Balaclava???? underneath.... glue your hair back on??
Sorry .. maybe someone has a good plan...
Hope bike gets fixed .. maybe get a cheaper lid that fits for now until you can afford something thats a bit cooler..
End of the day its you head .. and a good fitting lid is a must ..
says she who still has a 20 year old Simpson ... but I have retired him :)

utopia
15-09-2010, 01:11 AM
I once "improved" the fit of a Premier using one of those thin washing-up spongy things. Can't be a lot worse than filling the gap with hair after all. Or maybe a roll of that thin polystyrene insulation, though you would want to avoid using any glue. Your post made me remember, I watched Crosby stand on the stage at glastonbury last year (on the telly) with his long white hair streaming behind him in the wind, singing "almost cut my hair". I guess he never did. Ne'er mind, it'll grow.

giler
15-09-2010, 05:50 AM
You cut your long hair off?????? why????? nooooooooo!!... good grief ... men honestly :) long hair is good!!
:)

Some of of don't have a choice:cry:

Scotty
15-09-2010, 09:52 AM
umm an all too Familiar storie, replacment cheak pads ~:? as as above a balaclava

i keep useing one of these neck tubes on my head to bulk it out a bit :o

He11cat
15-09-2010, 10:25 AM
poor Giler .. il let you off if you grow a cool beard .. I like to twiddle them..

Saint aka ML
15-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Funny on wednesday last week I had an accident, as I was bored like hell, with electric rasor.... now I do not have that much trouble with lid but it is drafty.
At the end in greef I went for a night run.