PDA

View Full Version : The Ponderosa cafe.

BluprintZ
02-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Seeing as it was a wickedly, brilliantly, super sunny day today, a few of us decided to have a spin up to the Ponderosa cafe, at the top of the horseshoe pass, near Llangollen.
It's my first trip there, it's in an amazing place and the food isn't bad either.
Sausage, egg, chips`n beans, plus a brew = £5.20.

http://ponderosa.viviti.com/

Continued...

G ; )

BluprintZ
02-09-2010, 10:03 PM
We set off from the cafe and headed for Blaenau Ffestiniog.
On the way, we stopped by a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere,
it was a bit like being in the middle of the Yorkshire moors.

Was a good day out, tomorrow i have quite a bit of work to catch up with.

G ; )

bex
02-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Your Triumph is gorgeous, love it.

Beautiful part of the world, was in Blaenau Ffestiniog myself a few days ago.

BluprintZ
02-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Your Triumph is gorgeous, love it.

Beautiful part of the world, was in Blaenau Ffestiniog myself a few days ago.

Cheers Bex, yeah she's not bad at all, heavy beggar though.

We tend to ride through Blaenau, it's not as Welsh as it was twenty years ago.
Those days, if you didn't speak Welsh, you were knackered, very few locals could speak English and even if they could, it was very rare that they did!
My mate called in at a chippy a year or two back, ordered in Welsh and was met with blank stares, the people running the chippy were Polish!

How times have changed eh?

G ; )

buzzbomb
03-09-2010, 07:04 PM
It's my first trip there!!:scratch:

Blimey George even an old ar*e like me has been there a few times,:o and considering you only live down the road I'm amazed ;);)

Gordon H
03-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Cool - If I had scenery like that on my doorstep, I'd never be indoors - Jealous!!

Gordon (from the flatlands of Hampshire)

steeevvvooo
03-09-2010, 07:52 PM
great views! :thumbsup:

Really need to get myself over to that part of the world.

BluprintZ
03-09-2010, 09:16 PM
It's my first trip there!!:scratch:

Blimey George even an old ar*e like me has been there a few times,:o and considering you only live down the road I'm amazed ;);)

I did go over the Horseshoe pass about twenty years ago but i don't remember seeing the cafe.
I've only been back on the road for a couple of years Geoff, it takes a while for me to get back up to speed mate.

G ; ) :D.

LouSCannon
03-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Cheers George, just sorted my destination for Sunday. Been wondering where to go and Ponderosa has been mentioned to me loads, so going to take a run up I reckon.

BluprintZ
04-09-2010, 08:23 AM
We were thinking of going up last Sunday Jim but apparently it gets very busy there on a Sunday and the cops on bikes (marked and unmarked) are cruising the roads thereabouts, so we went to Barmouth instead.

G ; )

LouSCannon
04-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Ta for the heads up, I'll have the other half on the back, so won't be flying around, we just have a free day so been wondering where to go... may yet change our minds! :)