PDA

View Full Version : Ducatisti Bristol September Meets

Goody76
02-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Septembers usual monthly meets;

Monday 6th September - 8pm onwards - Golden Heart, Winterbourne, Bristol

Sunday 12th September - 9am onwards - Avenue Drivers Club, Queens Square, Bristol

*** Saturday 12th September - 10am - 5pm - Great Western Italian Day ***
*** between the National Trust Central Office, the Designer Outlet Shopping Centre and the STEAM Museum (details below) ***

Saturday 18th September - 10am onwards - Riders Breakfast, Bristol Ducati dealers - Riders

Monday 20th September - 8pm onwards - Castle Of Comfort, East Harptree, Mendips

You will see that I have included another date on Saturday 12th September. This is the Great Western Italian Day (GWID).
The Italian AutoMoto Club announces: GWID will return to a one-day format this year in Swindon on Sunday September 12th between 10am and 5pm. Display vehicles (all Italian cars, bikes and scooters are welcome), should arrive from 9am – 11 am. Placement will be on a 'first-come' basis.
The event will be located between the National Trust Office, the Designer Outlet and the STEAM Museum, thus offering something for various interests in addition to the Italian machinery on display.

The Designer Outlet Shopping Centre has over 100 stores of all types plus various refreshment facilities, completely under cover within part of the Grade II-listed former Great Western Railway works.
STEAM is a fascinating museum devoted to the Great Western Railway. Not only is 2010 the 175th anniversary of the formation of the GWR but on our event day they are holding their Railway Festival, which will include a rare opportunity to see the British car which broke the Steam World Land Speed Record last year (139.8mph!), trade stalls, 14 model railway layouts, a traction engine and a real ale bar.
The National Trust Central Office will also be open throughout the day for attendees to visit their shop and café for breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
Further information will appear on our website www.italianautomotoclub.co.uk Please contact 0117 947 5814 or IAMC@ourhemanpal.co.uk for information additional to that on the website.

I am thinking that anyone who is interested in attending (not displaying - as you would have to be there earlier) that we could do a little ride over together. May I suggest meeting at RIDERS Bristol at 9am (maybe grab a quick coffee and bacon butty) and then all take a nice leisurely ride over for the day, via the A420, A4 and then into Swindon via the A4361…

I want to gauge interest for this so please reply to let me know if anyone is interested

Do not forget that Weston Bike Nights are still going strong, pretty much on every Thursday evening this year, so if anyone is thinking of attending please feel free to drop me an email and I can let everyone know and we can hopefully arrange a meet up for a Ride-In together.

*In fact the weather is been great so I will be taking a trip over to tonights Bike Night. So if anyone is interested i will be at the petrol station on York Road at around 18:30hrs this evening ready to take a trip up the A370 to Weston. I will then stop at Morrisons Petrol Station around 7'ish for anyone else who would like to join us. I hope to see some of you.*

I have been very busy with work and the Army of late so I have not had time to organise any other little trips or ride outs, but please remember this is a democracy so feel free to recommend or organise anything yourselves simply just drop me a line and I will ensure it is emailed to the entire local group and we can take things from there, alternatively feel free to post it on the various Ducati Forums or my DOC SW Facebook page.

So I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible during the month.