PDA

View Full Version : Chain tensioner bolts for an S4

weimeranerman
28-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Somehow I have managed to bend one of my chain tensioner bolts recently. Haven't got a clue how but the gold cover at the end of the swing arm is now hanging off and I need to get another bolt. Any ideas what size I need?

cosmicknome
28-08-2010, 05:42 PM
hello,i am afraid you will have to take the rear wheel out to remove this bolt.
Once the rear wheel spindle is removed which ever side has the bent bolt in will
slide out.
you will then see a retaining allen head screw fitted into the end of the bolt that is
bent, remove this and the bolt will screw out of the adjuster block.
The thread size is M8 by 90mm long.
I hope this helps.

Scotty
28-08-2010, 08:55 PM
humm where to start , I think with ...

You tit

(I only know this because I've done it)

you might have adjusted the chain tension or changed tyres or had someone chance tyres for you recently

as part of the loosening the axle to do such stuff , the end part of the re tighten procedure is to torque the tensioning bolts up to 8nm (random figure picked out of the air)

slob
29-08-2010, 04:50 AM
I think I have a spare one knocking about Chris, will take a look later.

weimeranerman
29-08-2010, 09:18 AM
hello,i am afraid you will have to take the rear wheel out to remove this bolt.
Once the rear wheel spindle is removed which ever side has the bent bolt in will
slide out.
you will then see a retaining allen head screw fitted into the end of the bolt that is
bent, remove this and the bolt will screw out of the adjuster block.
The thread size is M8 by 90mm long.
I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info Cosmic! I am looking forward to checking this out soon!

humm where to start , I think with ...

You tit

(I only know this because I've done it)

you might have adjusted the chain tension or changed tyres or had someone chance tyres for you recently

as part of the loosening the axle to do such stuff , the end part of the re tighten procedure is to torque the tensioning bolts up to 8nm (random figure picked out of the air)

Scotty - you are probably right! So I guess that makes me a 'Right Tit!' Although I thought I had tightened it albeit to the rule of thumb method!

I think I have a spare one knocking about Chris, will take a look later.

Hi Rob - That would be excellent news if you do. I am happy to travel to pick up also.

Chris