PDA

View Full Version : AGV vs Nolan Helmet

SBAbruzzo
24-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Considering either the AGV S4 SV or the Nolan N85 helmet. Apart from the obvious, what is most comfortable for me, does anyone have any experience with respect to wind noise or other pros and cons? What else should I consider?
SB

Nickj
24-08-2010, 09:23 PM
I like the idea that HJC have that snugs the helmet fit using air cells.
I've got the carbon fibre HJC, light as a feather. No noiser than the AGV or Bell that went before it

I remember when the name Nolan was synonymous with tacky polycarb helmets.

Liz
24-08-2010, 09:59 PM
I remember when the name Nolan was synonymous with tacky polycarb helmets.

I remember - I had one lol!

Just bought a Shoei - really comfortable!

Good luck!!!

Rally
24-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Try before you buy is the secret. I once splashed out an obscene amount of money on an Arai. It was the worst helmet I have ever owned for noise and discomfort. Since that day, I have had another that was great.
I now use a flip fronted helmet that is a bit noisey but is really good in design with internal black lens etc.
Don't go for a brand, go for a helmet that feels right for you. Only you will know that. Good luck. :)

Lowsider
25-08-2010, 06:25 AM
I've just got the Shoei XR1100... Very nice and Very Quiet.

keef
25-08-2010, 08:12 AM
I have just bought an AGV S4 SV, my previous helmet was a Shark. The AGV seems to be well put together, I liked the idea of a sun visor so that and the fit and finish sold it to me. The comfort has been great from the word go, the sun visor takes a bit of getting used to though. The only complaint I have about the helmet is that there is a bit more wind noise and i sometimes get a slight whistle when the visor is up. The only other bad point is that the main visor scratches easily

Aus_X
25-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I agree totally with everything Keef has said. I have an AGV S4 SV and I actually find it very noisy compared to my previous Scorpion EXO and there is a slight whistle. I also find that even though I've had the S4 SV for a number of months, it still presses on my ears, not as bad as at the beginning but enough to make me wonder if it was the right helmet?

I'm not sure if I'd buy an AGV again? Although the sun visor is great.