PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Ramsey test ride.

BluprintZ
23-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Spotted this today.

http://www.mailonline.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1305301/Easyrider-Gordon-Ramsay-takes-new-bike-test-spin.html

G ; )

J.P
23-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Perfect.
Can we get him to do the catering at the Weekender in 2011 ?????

walpole68
23-08-2010, 10:25 AM
rare 1100 that one with a normal swing arm and a 696 engine.

samieb
23-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Journalists (from the mail), What the hell do they know about bikes anyway....

buzzbomb
23-08-2010, 11:28 AM
His ego is so big that I'm amazed that he's got a helmet to fit..:chuckle:

gary tompkins
23-08-2010, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't want to be on the service desk when he finds out how much a full service costs :cens::cens::cens::cens:

slob
23-08-2010, 12:27 PM
He used to have an S4 that he used for whizzing around between all his London restaurants

Gordon H
23-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Nice to see all the right gear - must have softer tarmac out in the states...... the non abrasive stuff??

mintyhit
23-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Note the comments: The “must wear leather” Nazis are out in force again!

slob
23-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Personally I'd ride without a lid before I'd go without gloves. (Not that you get a choice in California any more)
All your instincts will make you keep your head off the floor, but by the same token, you'll always use your hands to break your fall.

neilbaldry
23-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Good job he only rides his Desmosedici on track, with its super high speeds................

They even call the 696 a 'superbike'!

gremlin
23-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Surely wearing safe clothing should be a priority? Think we've been here before on another thread! I feel it's totally irresponsible not wearing at least kevlar jeans, gloves and a decent jacket. Picking gravel out of someones a4se can't be pleasant for A&E staff and it takes time away from the poor sods who have got there through no fault of their own. Gordon Ramsey may be a confident rider but carrying a bag on the handle bars is plain daft and wearing shorts is muppetry of the highest order. Oh how I'd laugh if a wasp had found it's way up the leg! Leather in heat isn't pleasant but there are good alternatives and there is no reason apart from bloody mindedness or arrogance that prevents their use. Someone with his profile should be setting an example to youngsters.
Rant over!

banditloon
23-08-2010, 03:19 PM
See, I knew he was eyeing up my Monster when it used to be parked up opposite his eatery in Royal Hospital Road!

If I spot him eyeing up Nessie again, he'll get a slap for not wearing flip flops......

He11cat
23-08-2010, 03:28 PM
I think he would be swearing away if he come off in that gear , neosporin and scrubbing brush would bring a few choice words up I am sure.. Reckon his PRMay have something to sayabput thAt and his insurance people wonder if they would payout if he turned himself into hamburger helper??? He must have a soft side he brought his Mrs a pressie .. Probably a spatular.

He11cat
23-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Bleedin moby text !

Saint aka ML
23-08-2010, 04:29 PM
I done what he did in thel ast picture with the bag. I did however have two pints of milk and 4x can of guinness in it. Wind was strong, it hooked on my brake and brnad new helmet was smashed against parked car. Lucky no bike drop as to close to that said parked car.

steeevvvooo
23-08-2010, 05:22 PM
sounds cheap for a 696 at £6500 :banghead: at least get the price right for the bike you say it is even if you can't tell the difference between the models...muppets who are incapable of using google to research the drivel before it goes to print

If he had leathers on, he could have stuffed all that stuff down his front rather than hang it on the bars! :chuckle:

Edit: might be cheaper in the US. I don;t know as I can't be bothered to google! ;)

gremlin
23-08-2010, 07:32 PM
it's amazing what you can get down your jacket, although having sticky out bits is a bit of a disadvantage! What I don't get is that it was allegedly a test drive, who the heck goes shopping on a test run? Surely you should be getting up to speed checking out cornering etc not popping off to the nearest lingerie shop?

He11cat
23-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Depends.... Lol perhaps he had to dash back as was on a promise?
I buy the hot bread from the bakers or a bag of chips and shove it down front of my jacket in winter keeps my sticky out bits warm on way home :)

Char
23-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Reminds me of being pillion with a tub of coleslaw down my jacket , quite a mess to clean up when we had to do an emergency stop

He11cat
23-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Hope he liked colslaw :)

gary tompkins
24-08-2010, 04:19 PM
it's amazing what you can get down your jacket, although having sticky out bits is a bit of a disadvantage! What I don't get is that it was allegedly a test drive, who the heck goes shopping on a test run? Surely you should be getting up to speed checking out cornering etc not popping off to the nearest lingerie shop?

Hmm..

Option 1 - getting my knee down

Option 2 - checking out Ann Summers summer gusset collection

I'll have to get back to you on that one ;)

He11cat
26-08-2010, 12:09 AM
GT don't do both at the same time ... wearing frillies on your head getting your knee down..
well it could be the cover shot for the calender you never know....