PDA

View Full Version : M600 Clocks

He11cat
14-08-2010, 06:03 PM
These can't come apart can they ???
the old clocks on 99 reg bike.

I have some clocks but the mileage is way out.
Obviously if I could change surrounds this would solve the problem.
Ie old clocks in new surround.

If someone could let me know if you could change the surround (Im sure I was told you can't) I would be most grateful.

Nickj
14-08-2010, 08:56 PM
It's a cable drive speedo and yes they do come apart.
Undo the nuts on the back and the halves come apart, you also need to undo the small screws that hold the retaining plate for the wiring connector block in.

Gordon H
14-08-2010, 09:01 PM
I saw some Monster instruments set in a carbon surround on eBay earlier - so guessing they must come apart somewhere........

He11cat
14-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I have 2 sets of clocks ... and one broken set on my bike..
I wanted to get a new surround on and change the window maybe on the instrument panel.
canibalise 2 sets to make a good set kind of thing :)

Thanks for that !! :)

Paranoid Dave
15-08-2010, 08:26 AM
dont forget to undo the tiny screw in the middle of the zero reset twiddle knob (official ducati name y'know).

He11cat
18-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Thanks!! And il try not to loose them !!

He11cat
18-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Clocks arrived .. I only wanted the carbon surround.
Ive had to contact the seller .. right hand bottom corner is smashed off... so worse then what I am taking off... not sure if I can do anything with the carbon surround ie make it look less damaged. Not sure if I could somehow round off the broken corner to make it less obvious.
I couldn't see the damage in the picture and it said in description undamaged in good cond :(
The seller seems a nice guy so I have contacted him.
I had planned to use the carbon mount after taking off the old laquer and re spraying it.
I like the surround but don't know if you can make it look not as bad as it does :(