PDA

View Full Version : East Anglian Meet Up

gremlin
14-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Trying to get a regular meeting for East Anglians, think we were originally hoping to get up and running this month but it may be too short notice so how about next month. Planning on 3rd weekend at Walkers which is the cafe on the Mildenhall roundabout, I think from what I remember it's a wooden building set in a bit of woodland, just hoping there will be room inside if it's cold! Think from A11 south it's the second exit, the one before the Norwich one anyway! It seems quite handy for those coming up from Suffolk/ Essex/Cambs or down from Norfolk. It would be good if we could keep it going through winter, hardy souls can bike but wimps like me will be in the car, I seize up if I get cold!

He11cat
14-08-2010, 06:59 PM
I would come if I am free.

3rd week in Sept is out for me ... got a birthday to attend family so can't wiggle out of that :)
Other wise I would have joined the Belgium run all that Kriek ... id have been in heaven.

If anyone fancies a brew and a bun this month shout me as I am very free this month :) bikes mot'd and I could do with a run somewhere .... I need to be dragged out.

slob
14-08-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm game. Enjoyed the last rideout with you & Clive, Andy & Stu.
Saturday or Sunday?

Grumpy
14-08-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm game, the sat would be better if possible.

He11cat
14-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Is this September meet ?

M900nster
14-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Seems like a good idea gremlin. You're saying it's short notice for this month. Lynn and I wouldn't be able to do tomorrow, but might be able to do next weekend. And for September you're suggesting 18th or 19th?

Nonnie
15-08-2010, 12:16 AM
I can do september 18 or 19. Goin g out 18th night so wqould prob have hangover 19th but hey, no much different to any other sunday.

Let's rock...I guess...

Must have food though.

Paranoid Dave
15-08-2010, 08:28 AM
can probably do sunday 19, but not sat.

slob
15-08-2010, 08:50 AM
I don't think Sarah is talking about just a September meet. 3rd weekend of every month!

Grumpy
15-08-2010, 04:53 PM
I've just checked my dates, and I won't make this, i'm in Belgium for the MOB weekend!

Rich750Dark
15-08-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm mostly free but am busy at the moment nursing my pup's broken leg and re-modelling the garden. It would be a good excuse to have some time out though............Also have quite a few weddings and parties going on at weekends at the mo but as i don't really drink i should be in a fit enough state to make sundays.

He11cat
15-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Im best on Saturdays , Sunday is not the best day for me.
Sept 18th as I said I won't be able to due due to prior commitment.

A regular meet sounds like a plan :)

gremlin
16-08-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm ok either day but I know some people have work commitments on Saturdays and obviously after the Saturday night out on the town riding with a hangover isn't too good on Sunday so it's bit of a difficult one to decide on! Obviously if it is a regular thing people will miss the odd one or two for whatever reason but it would be nice to get a consensus on which day would suit most people most of the time and run with that.

gremlin
30-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Think we'd better go for Sundays as work is less likely to get in the way for most people. So first one on the 19th September and then third Sunday of the month thereafter hopefuly through winter.

Mohawk
31-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Sounds really good to get a regular monthly meeting happening. How will we each know if anyone else plans to show and what time would we be aiming to arrive?

He11cat
31-08-2010, 11:47 PM
post on here I guess.. thats the best plan..

gremlin
01-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Think if it gets too formal it may put people off so if we say 12pm on the 3rd Sunday of each month then those that can get there will. It does mean that there may be a Sunday when one or other of us is sitting there like a lost soul but I'm guessing it shouldn't happen, there's enough of us to have at least two turn up! And in winter bikes are optional not compulsory, as wimpy here would be an outcast! The only other thing is that if Lou has something going on that may be of interest we could perhaps meet at the Falcon instead or we can arrange fish and chip runs for that day so we have a bit of variety but obviously any changes to usual venue will be posted! I think just keeping a specific day in mind and then if someone has an event on that day post it up and we'll use that as our meet up instead. I can see just meeting up at a cafe would get a bit boring after a while! But to start Walkers at Mildenhall on the 19th

He11cat
01-09-2010, 04:51 PM
If I'm free / not hung over/ alive/ I will endevoir to attend some ... I can't promise every time if ITs the sunday after BIff BYford comes to Ippo I will be too excited to go out ... Denim and leather la la la

Grumpy
01-09-2010, 07:20 PM
I'll turn up for the oct meet, and will be thinking of you guys as I sup Belgium beer!!

gremlin
16-09-2010, 06:12 PM
After all the nagging to try to get this up and running I may not be able to make it. Mum had knee replacement op last week and should have been home last weekend and relatively safe to leave for a while but she's had all sorts of setbacks and may come out tomorrow which means I'll have to stay with her for a few days. Aunt is trying to persuade her to go into a respite home for a few days so she has professional care just in case she conks out again as I'd be stuck if she does it with me looking after her. I hope somebody turns up if I can't make it although weather also looks pretty unpromising so I'll understand if people give it a miss although cars could be used just to get the social thing going.

He11cat
16-09-2010, 10:54 PM
let me know saturday if you can't make it.. by whatever channel

dunno about anyone else....

Hope your Mums ok.
things come up .. don't dash about or feel bad..don't make yourself ill either!
I am not sure who planned on going... Grumpy international man of mystery is in Belgium...

get me through one of the channels if you can't make it Sat some day.. and I guess if anyones going post on here..

I don't intend to spend Sat night with Mr lav and mr bathroom floor again... I will be sticking to coke.

gremlin
18-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Looks like Cinderella will be going to ball after all, mum still not out of hospital and although she may get booted out tomorrow it probably won't be till late afternoon so I can come out to play for a bit before starting nursing duties yaaay. May not be able to ride as in loads of pain at the moment though but at least I'm free. So hope someone else turns up or I'll feel bit of a lemon.

Grumpy
20-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Hope the inaugural meet went well, i'll defo be at the oct meet :)

Nonnie
20-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Ha! I didn't really sobre up enough to do anything yesterday after a great night out on Saturday. Maybe next month!

utopia
21-09-2010, 01:11 AM
I'll try and make the oct meet, if the weather's half decent and I've sorted my bike's charging issues. I was hoping to make the Wimbotsham thing, but it didn't work out. Would be nice to put faces to names. I'll see if I can drag any others from 'round these parts too. If not oct, then sometime.

Kerry
21-09-2010, 12:25 PM
sounds like a great idea to meet up. I wont be on the monster if i do turn up but will still arrive in something a bit different with four wheels. Hope to make Oct meet if its still on.

kez

He11cat
21-09-2010, 12:54 PM
More the merrier...... I had to go on my rat 125 lol dimmy lost her lock keys ... first time in 18 year :(