PDA

View Full Version : M620 sie... how much?

bex
11-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Testing the water a bit, potentially selling... any ideas how much I should get?

2002 M620 sie - two owners including myself
Just hit 20k miles
Taxed and Mot'd till July 2011
Tail tidy
Rizoma rearsets and mirrors
Noisy Mivv exhausts
Major service done late 2009 @ Rosso Corse
- little dent on left on tank courtesy of some kids, didnt bother to get it fixed since in London it'd probably only happen again

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/rjbecs/monster1copy-1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/rjbecs/monster2copy-1.jpg

Nickj
11-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Ohhhh deary deary me
Non standard exhausts, someone butchered the back end, dented tank {sucks pointedly through teeth}... done a few miles too {more sucking through teeth}

It's always hard to gauge these things but anyone offers you less than £2500 stare coldly at them them a sharp kick to the groin should tell them it's a low offer.
If on the other hand they offer £2750 or above that would be better but you might be able to hold out for more. Real top end and it would involve much eye fluttering feminine wiles could get closer to £3000 say £2900.

Pure guess work mind so unless someone else comes up with similar feel free to ignore!

chris yeatman
11-08-2010, 08:33 PM
hey, u can only sell this if u r buying another monnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

bex
11-08-2010, 08:37 PM
That would be the plan!

gary tompkins
11-08-2010, 11:10 PM
That would be the plan!

Good girl :cool:

motojohn
12-08-2010, 06:47 AM
i don't suppose you fancy swopping your rear sets for my standard ones plus cash i have a very clean pair from a 2003 620?:idea:

Gilps
12-08-2010, 07:49 AM
I've seen S2R's going for around 3K with less miles on, so I wouldn't expect to get any more than 2k tops, more realistically £1500-ish.

Panther
12-08-2010, 10:01 AM
I would agree with Gilps, Just based on me watching the price of S2R going for 3k.

I guess you would get £2,200 max for a 620, but with your mileage you should aim for over £1700.

It does not really mater how much you sell your bike for, for me the only thing to consider is how much more your will to spend on your next ducati :)

I think you might make more money if you sold the restset separately, as they are worth a few bob, and anyone new buying your bike won't realise, appreciate this extra detail/cost.

Good luck

Panther
12-08-2010, 10:07 AM
you should also start watching 620 on ebay, for real value just look at the own that are on the auction not buy it now.

There was one crazy guy trying to sell a 620 for £3.5k, he's in dream land!

Gerry
12-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I agree

The rearsets and mirrors will sell very quick for good money .... if you included them within the sale of the bike you would effectively give them away. Rizoma rearsets are an arm and a leg arn't they ?

Gerr

yantheman
12-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi Bex, I think you are better off taking the rearset out and put the stock footrest hangers back on and sell them separately otherwise you would almost like giving it away if you leave them on the bike...

oh and mirrors as well.... put the stock back on

what are you going to buy next? :D

gary tompkins
12-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I didn't spot the Rizoma pegs. Seeing it has some other nice extras like cans etc.. I agree with the comments above. Put it back to as near standard as possible and flog the extras seperately. Always the best way to maximise total profit on a sale, unless you are lucky enough to find a buyer prepared to pay what it's worth + the extras.

bex
12-08-2010, 02:25 PM
I havent got any of the standard bits left except for mirrors! :(

And I would have a clue how to get the rearsets off and standards back on if I got some. S**T!

bex
12-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Isn't £2200 - £2500 reasonable for a 620 with those extras on it?

Gilps
12-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Isn't £2200 - £2500 reasonable for a 620 with those extras on it?

The problem is that extras very rarely add any value to the resale value of a bike. The only real exception IMHO is exhausts. If they are something desirable like Termis then they can be worth a little extra. When looking at extras like yours you have to take in to account what they would fetch second-hand, not what they cost new. Also bear in mind that the new owner may not actually want them so would not really be prepared to pay any extra for them. You should be able to pick up original mirrors and footpegs quite cheap and swap them over quite easily. It would certainly be worth doing financially. Cans may be harder to find, but yours look nice so may be worth keepng on the bike. Personally I wouldn't pay £2500 for a 2002 620, even with nice bling on it, when I can get a low mileage S2R for not much more money.
As someone else has suggested, take alook on ebay and watch a few auction items to see what bikes go for in real money. Ignore the adverts and BIN prices as you don't actually know what they end up selling for.

steeevvvooo
12-08-2010, 04:21 PM
When looking on ebay, tick the “completed listings” button on the left. Anything with a green price has actually sold for that amount, red means either not hit the reserve or nobody hit buy-it-now (sorry if you are an ebay expert already!) :rolleyes:

As for the bling, advertise on here for a swap with cash your way. The buyer can come to your place, swap your bling for their standard bits, and pay you some cash! Solves the problem of you not knowing how to take bits off as well! :idea:

bex
12-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks all, I'm pleasantly surprised by what I've seen from searching at Steve said.

I'm gonna try to avoid faffing for now and stick her on E to the Bay and see what happens, if its not looking good I'll rethink and go back to some standard bits.