PDA

View Full Version : Back online

M900nster
11-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Hello peeps. I wasn't around here for a while and when I returned my old profile was broken and couldn't be fixed. But Stuart got me up and running (thanks mate) with this shiny new one so I'm back on the cyber road.

Haven't used the Monster much these last few years. Lynn (my wife) has been ill again. Her breast cancer came back as brain mets in early '08 and it was touch and go (again) for a while. But she's made of strong stuff and has defied the odds (officially terminal this time) and she's made another remarkable recovery. During our down time I got on with the Commando rebuild, and pushed on with the music. As Lynn's strength recovered she joined in on bass and we can now make quite an alarming racket :eek: We've been out on the M900 a few times, but Lynn's still not very strong and isn't up to heat, cold, or long journeys, so we have to pick our biking moments carefully. In a flash of inspiration/madness I decided a sports car might be a good idea :idea: and we now have a Cobra in the garage with the bikes. It's an utter hooligan :mand: but it's not much cooler/warmer than a bike as it still hasn't got a roof :rolleyes:

The Commando only needs brakes to finish it. I've put a nice set of rearsets on it and I need to make the rear brake rod operated. The front end now has a nice pair of 12" floating discs and I intend using a pair of 4 pot Brembos that came off a Duke 916, so hopefully it'll stop as well as go. Haven't run up the engine yet but it should go well after all the money and time lavished upon it.

The M900 is still good. I recently got the lovely Carl Harrison to fit a pair of Pirelli Diablos and it feels :thumbsup: I/we might make it to a meet of some sort before the end of the season, but either way, I'm pleased to be able to join in on-line again.
All the best
Henry (the **** artist once also known here as Unpronounceable Henry)

mholc123
11-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Welcome back and it sounds like you've got :-

a. Nice toys
b. A great wife

M900nster
12-08-2010, 06:03 AM
Thanks mate. I probably wouldn't have a. without b. ;o)

Nonnie
12-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Hello Henry! How nice to hear from you again. Please pass my best regards onto Lynn and to your son as well. I'm liking the hooligan car very much - how much fun is it?
Take care x

M900nster
12-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Hi Naomi,
And Hi from Lynn too :o) I'm sure Tom would say Hi but he's on his way to Bloodstock. You'll like the hooligan car. I'll put some pics in my gallery soon. It's a genuine blatmobile. We took it shopping yesterday and it sulked in Tesco car park while I went to the car spares shop for coolant for the Jeep (to go in the new radiator when I fit it) and L got the groceries. We got some funny stares as we unloaded the contents of the trolley into the Cobra boot. Lynn had been thinking she might have to carry the bog rolls on her lap, but it all went into hooligan the blatmobile's ample hiney. It complained bitterly by coughing and farting and threatening to stop as we maneuvered out of the car park, but cheered up enormously after we bought it £50 worth of super unleaded. Then we took the scenic route home along the coast road, grinning like a couple of idiots. I asked Lynn if she thinks it's as quick as the Monster and she said she thinks it's a bit quicker! :mand:

Nickj
12-08-2010, 09:29 PM
What a lot of toys!!
If you ever want a new jeep leaf spring I've got one buried around here somewhere

M900nster
12-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks Nickj, but mine's a modern (Chrysler) coil sprung Jeep. I'd rather be changing the rad on an older Jeep though. My rad looks like it was installed before the steering gear and, as is the way with most modern cars (and bikes), I'm having to dismantle half the machine in order to get at it. Your spring might good fetch money on eBay though.
Cheers
Henry