PDA

View Full Version : Surrey - 2003 - events in the past

CK & AK
14-07-2003, 12:01 PM
JUNE
SAT 12th Boozy Bobs Bar-B-Q (Basingstoke area) - see Hants section for details - Meet : Newlands Corner, Midday to ride over there. Bring your burgers & booze. (soft drinks & rolls provided) Leave Newlands 12.30
- FINAL REMINDER - PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF WANTING TO MEET TO GO TO BOBS BARBQ, AS I MAY NOT GO UP TO NEWLANDS IF ON MY OWN - WILL GO STRAIGHT FROM HOME!
Pse email, or TEXT - 07956 351399 (by fri night)

SUN 13th Social meet Box Hill 10.30 - rideout with Sussex, (who are coming to visit us) after 11.30, gentle bimble of about 1 hour or so, stopping for lunch. CK
Rideout to be a circular ride , of about 1 hour or so, through some of Surrey's prettiest villages, approx 35 - 40 miles, finishing up at a pub (with Bar B Q/ Restaurant - whatever takes your fancy - so dont eat a big brekkie at Box!) not that far from our start point.
This will be suitable for all riders - new members especially welcome.
This type of 'round-robin' route has been particularly requested by some of our members from London, and also those locals who cant get out for a whole day.
Hope to see you there - as the forecast is good for the southeast till after the weekend.

JULY
Sun 20th - DSC Sussex meet, invite to ALL monster owners to pop in, to the regional meet (and every 3rd Sunday of the month).
The meeting place is at ‘John Henry’s Café Bar’ situated in the village of Findon, north of Worthing, just off the A24.
Directions: Following the by-pass, turn into the village at the roundabout with the A280, down the hill to the crossroads (with a pub either side), straight over into Nepcote Lane and the café is next to Cissbury Leathers on the left hand side, the car park is just beyond the building. For all the web based map sites, the postcode is BN14 0SE. No planned rideouts - just a meet!
As the café opens at 10:30 on a Sunday, the DSC meet from 10:30 onwards, the food looks good – from a bacon sarnie & tea/coffee at £3 to a full English for about £6.
If you fancy a sharp blast down there, meet Box Hill 9.30 - look for Me(ck - red M750) or yellow 749 - riders name is Webby.

Sat 26th
Meet Box Hill 1pm - if weather ok - for coffee & snacks, poss rideout????? (the DSC are meeting there - so I'm going to join them for a sharp blast if nobody else out)

SUN 27th From DSC: next meet coincides with the World Superbikes at Brands Hatch on 27th July."It's the biggest sporting event of the year we will need to get there reasonably early". Update (25/7) - Surrey to Brands WSB this Sunday
"Following concerns regarding difficulties getting into Brands on Sunday morning, have discussed with Webby and changed the details:
Meeting at Box Hill at 7am and Clacketts Lane at 7.30am. Those who want breakfast will then head off at 8am - those who don't head straight off to Brands.
If it's p*ssing down like right now - forget it!
Henners
Surrey DSC usually meet 4th Sun of the month - Box Hill 9.30 - then onto Newlands from 10.30

AUGUST

No regular Sunday meet

SUN 3rd
Non Monster event - but may be of interest:-Streetfighter Dyno race day - Fishpond Road, Wokingham, Berks

SAT 16th
Bristol Bike show. See information in dedicated thread, from Duncan (Gloucs Area). Large UKMOC presence expected - more than 30 monsters booked on the 'stand' so far!

SUN 17th
Street Fighter day at the Ace cafe. Packed with bikes all day - best to arrive early for a good spot. WILL be VERY busy with bikes!!

Weds 20th
Evening ride to Alton station bike meet.Meet Hogs Back car Park, 7pm. Leaving 5 mins later. there is only one official car park - come off the A3 - onto the A31 hogsback - and it is along the top about 2miles max, just after the puttenham exit.
Arrive Alton 7.30 ish.

SAT 23rd
Southern run to Poole - Surrey/Kent/London: Meeting now at Hogs back car park/cafe at 9 - leaving 9.15!
Sorry for change of plan, but only had 2 replies!
Ride to meet Hants (& Sussex/Berks/Bucks etc) for brekkie at the Little thief, Four Marks on A31 for 10am.
Leave thief at 10.45am, mass convoy to Salisbury area - to arrive middayish - late mid morning snacks (meet Dorset/Wilts/Gloucs etc).
Ride down to arrive Poole about 1.30. Lunch on the Quay (chips!) CK

SUN 24TH
Open day at Snell's, Alton. 9.30 - 3.30. Test rides available all day on various Ducati's - but must be pre-booked. Large amount of ducati's expected to turn out here.

SEPTEMBER

SUN 7th Hants area TT round the Isle of Wight - follow this link - if wishing to go, as Boozy Bob has put a lot of hard work into organising this trip:- http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3281
Unfortunately AK & I are away for this one, so if any body wants to put their 'hat' into the ring to organise a meet point, please can you put up a post?

SUN 14th
Regular monthly meet at Box Hill - rideout led by Didge - to meet Sussex in Brighton.Lunch with JMo & gang. Meet time is 10.30, leave at 11.15 Didge
NB - there is also a huge 'ride-in' to Brighton, from the Ace that day too! For up to date info - click on this thread:-
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/...=&threadid=3355

Sat 20th
Monster day out at Moto Rapido - organised by Grunt. Any Surrey/other members wishing to go - do contact Pedro (Hants), who is willing to meet you to ride in. Follow thread below for more info:-
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/...p?threadid=3376

SUN21st
Bike Mega Meet - Popham airfield, Hants.
Arrive anytime from 10am - all Ducati's invited, plenty to see - planes etc too, fast food,some trade stands - tyres,etc. Just over 100 bikes there last year!
All types of bikes there, from vintage jobbies to top sports bikes.
The DSC treat this as their 'end of the year meet' - and it would be great if we could join them, and bolster the numbers.
SURREY MONSTERS are going to do a joint ride-in with Surrey DSC:-
Meet up at Box Hill at 08.45/leave at 09:15. Then to Newlands corner for 09:40 and leave 10:00 for a nice ride to Popham via Alton and Basingstoke.(coffee shop at Newlands is open from 9am). Dont forget to fuel up BEFORE arriving at your chosen meet point.
Will stop at Alton - 10.40, to meet up with Hants & Sussex DSC & monsters, and then also at Basingstoke - to meet Berks/Bucks & DSC & monsters. Leave Alton 11am prompt -
ALL SURREY/LONDON/KENT/ANY MONSTERS WELCOME, this ride WILL be suitable for new riders/owners.
Please note: - meet points will not be changed & that AK & I will be going direct to Newlands, not Box Hill.
NOTE:- Times may poss change - do check any posts on this section - just in case!

OCTOBER

SUN 5th - Joint meet with Essex (and other surrounding counties) - same venue as June 8th Meet(see Essex section for extra info).
Meet Box Hill from 10am - to leave at 10.45, arrive pub in Essex by midday at latest. (going on the A25, Dorking, Reigate, Oxted to Jct 5, M25, then up the motorway, for the final stretch), or may go on via the A225 up to join at Jct 3CK

SUN 12th Regular meet, Box Hill 10.30. Rideout after 11.30 if wanted. return to Box Hill by about 1pm. If anyone wants to come back to ours after to see the DVD, they are welcome - but please let me know 1st, by mail. Wont be on my bike this meet - prob on the back of Al's lawson.OCTOBER

SUN 19th Bimble down to Findon - Sussex, to invade the Sussex DSC meet. If interested in going, pse post in this section.
Leaving Box Hill about 9.30

SUN 26th Will be at Brands for the last of the clubmans rounds (also on on the Sat 25th). Great cheap day out. Practice from 9, 1st race at 10.

NOVEMBER No regular meet - as UKMOC AGM in Bucks. See info on Portal.

DEC
Sun 14th . 10.30 Social meet at Box Hill (weather permitting). Rideout 11.30 if wanted. NOTE - if weather grotty - will post up pub type venue to meet over a beer at midday, not too far from Box Hill.Sunday 14th December
If decent (biking weather) - meet Box Hill, 10.30+ for coffee - poss short rideout, then midday, up to 'Smith & Westons' for snacks/ lunch - as the mood takes you.
If yukky weather (anything not condusive to getting on your bike really!), then:Midday - meet at 'Smith & Westons' at the very top of the hill.
Directions to S & M's from Bike car park: Turn left out of the rear entrance of Box Hill car park. Then take the 1st right (about 200 yds up the road). Stay on this winding & ramped road till you reach the top of the hill. The American themed restaurant is on the right. They are happy to have bikers there, and we can either take 'pot luck' with bar snacks - or grab a table in the restaurant - as they open at midday.

CK & AK
30-11-2003, 01:40 PM
Sunday 30th Nov

Thanks to everybody who turned out at Newlands Corner this morning - the clouds were nearly blue - and the sun came out for a while this morning (couldnt see a flippin thing!:eek: ). Roads were a bit damp - but not too many soggy leaves. AK & I ( & Becca on her NC21) enjoyed our pootle out.

Good to see JMo & Doug make the trip up from the coast, Boozy Bob found his way up from the other side of Basingstoke, and the locals:- Muttley, Martin S4, - and David - new member who Dibble found at Box Hill - and brought along to meet us!:D

Together with Dibble, Henners & gang from the DSC, there were quite a few Dukes sparkling in the sun whilst we all had coffee (& grub!).

Hopefully some of the pics that Fordie took will have come out - if so, will post up later.

CK

BoozyBOB
30-11-2003, 02:08 PM
good turn out
...and a blue monster did a circuit off the car park then left..who were you??...
got home just as the rain started...ho hum will have to wash the bike tomorrow...
cheers all

CK & AK
30-11-2003, 04:50 PM
From L - R
MartinS4, Muttley, Henners, Dibble, Red SPS, Red Leader, Becca (my daughter), CK, Doug, David, ???, Fordie, JMo, AK.

I hope I've got that right........ (all the monsters were to the left of the piccy!:(

JMo
30-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Good to see everyone on such a wintery day! - I must say, there were plenty of trail bikes coming and going from Newlands... must get the local O/S map - methinks I may become a regular over the winter!

Smeegal should be back next week (hurrah!) - hope to see a good show at Boxhill on the 14th...

xxx

CK & AK
30-11-2003, 06:29 PM
Jen - Surrey is rather well known for its green lanes;) - just take care - as billy plod also got out on them - to make sure you traillie riders dont stray from them:eek:

- green lanes are almost as good as the Surrey national limit roads - that you also havent discovered yet it seems.........:D :D

C:lol:

JMo
01-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by CK & AK
- green lanes are almost as good as the Surrey national limit roads - that you also havent discovered yet it seems........

Oh, you mean there are only two of them then...?!

xxx

SazzaG
30-12-2003, 10:31 PM
Hi All,

I've just found the photos that I took at the Xmas do! I know they've got lost somewhere on the forum, so here they are again.

A good turnout for a chilly day.

Saz

CK & AK
31-12-2003, 08:09 AM
Cheers Saz:)

C

SazzaG
03-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Just for you CK!

Pedro
04-01-2004, 05:14 PM
In the second piccy, there's a bloke at the end of the table that looks like he's eaten all the mince pies!!:D :D

Sorry Mike!

Ped

CK & AK
04-01-2004, 05:22 PM
I thought you meant Sami, Ped - cos he's at the end of the table, next to moi :D

C

BoozyBOB
04-01-2004, 11:41 PM
and CK has no choc pudd....mmmm
..(or has sazza been warned)....sorry i missed it folks

SazzaG
05-01-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by BoozyBOB
and CK has no choc pudd....mmmm
..(or has sazza been warned

Bob, I got shouted at enough just for taking a nice photo of CK! Shame about the reprobates in the background though..

You were missed Bob :(

Hope to see you soon

Saz

Andy S
10-01-2004, 09:22 PM
I just seen this link err Thread
:rolleyes:

so here's some 'udder pic's of the Jolly day :)

I remember the ride back was grim, cold wet and bit of Monster carb ice effect, Bah hum-bug :p

Andy s

Andy S
10-01-2004, 09:24 PM
:bunny:

Andy S
10-01-2004, 09:26 PM
:burnout: