PDA

View Full Version : New Member, which Monster?

SBAbruzzo
08-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Hi all
New to the forum and biking. I live in Warsaw, Poland and although we have two Ducati showrooms, I have not seen many on the road.

Since this will be my first bike, I would appreciate some advice on which Monster to get. I suspect there is a limited second hand market here, although importing from the UK would not be too much trouble. Any thoughts?
SB

rac3r
08-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Welcome!

For your first bike I would say:

Second hand something like a 620 or 600 or 695

Brand New probably a 696

gregski
08-08-2010, 12:33 PM
WITAM as the first bike to get you a round capital 600 will be perfect choice, as that will be your first bike 600 range has got just enough power for the job.

witamy w klubie :)

SBAbruzzo
16-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Gregski
I guess you from around here. Do you know of any Ducati riders in Warsaw? Even better, can you recommend a good bike course? The two recommended have failed to get back to me after two weeks of trying. No recession here!
Regards
SB

gregski
17-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Gregski
I guess you from around here. Do you know of any Ducati riders in Warsaw? Even better, can you recommend a good bike course? The two recommended have failed to get back to me after two weeks of trying. No recession here!
Regards
SB

Sorry don't know anyone from Warsaw who rides Ducati but saw brand new Multistrada, 1198 and M696 on WPR number plates on WDW in June, so keep your eyes open for a red trio.

Barthog
20-08-2010, 05:44 PM
I can recomend the 696, i hadnt ridden for twenty years and this was a great machine to get back into biking. Kept it for a year and moved upto the 1100.
For me the 1100 would have been too daunting as a first, Even toured Ireland for 4 days with pillion on the 696.

SBAbruzzo
24-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Gregski
Passed a classic car/bike show at the weekend and parked next to about five Ducati's. Picture attached. Also discovered a work acquaintance rides a Ducati, although not a Monster. I have a feeling there are more than a few around.
SB

gary tompkins
24-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Go for an injected monster like 620ie - they run better in the cold

Paivi
25-08-2010, 01:11 PM
695 is a brilliant bike.

Should be fairly easy to buy a bike here and take it to Poland, loads of them are already making their way over there. No idea what you need to do in your end, but here you just need to hand over the cash and get the V5C (entire copy of it), keys and the bike and throw it into the van.

SBAbruzzo
11-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Given that it would be difficult to check out a second hand bike, I ended up buying a new, or nearly new (150 miles ex demo), 696. It arrived last week and I can't wait to take it out on the road. All I have managed to do so far is change the mph to kph. Tomorrow shall be the first of a few frustrating visits to the vehicle registration office. I hope not having the entire V5 document is not a problem. Once registered I can then insure.

So I am now the passive, but proud, owner of a 696, limited to starting it outside the garage and figuring out if I need a tail chop now or later. On an aside, I was returning this morning with the dog from a bicycle ride in the forest when in the distance I heard a pleasant rumble. As I looked back a lone Monster went by, what a distinctive and intoxicating sound!

Diego
11-11-2010, 10:49 PM
great choice! you are going to enjoy it even more as soon as you will have the chance to take it out there for a spin!

after 6 years of commuting and fun rides on the monster I park and still look back at it with pride!

ducati is a way of life :)

jimbo696
12-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Well done....does it have Termis? if not, get some, they are worth every penny, or Zloty :)

gregski
12-11-2010, 02:49 PM
they are worth every penny, or Zloty :)

hehehhe make me :chuckle: not many people know what currency we have in Poland

and by the way great choice with the bike

SBAbruzzo
12-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Think I shall order the Evotech tail chop tomorrow. Termis might have to wait until spring. Recommendations on which ones to get (and where)?

jimbo696
12-11-2010, 05:08 PM
I had the carbon Termis on my 696...it sounded laods times better/louder than the std cans.... My mate had the Leo Vince ones which also sounded great and were much cheaper, but obviously no air box mod or ECU...but his bike ran fine without these...