PDA

View Full Version : New Monster 1100 owner - Beds/Herts

noTHINGfaced
04-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Hey all

Im picking up my new Monster 1100ABS from St Neots tomorrow and I cant wait. I'm currently on an 2009 Honda Hornet which I love dearly but a recent promotion and company car allowance meant it was dream bike time! The Monster.

I have a shed load of pictures of the bike, I'll upload when I figure out to how to do it :chuckle:

Are there any immediate/necessary mods that I need to prioritise for the bike?

Cheers all!

walpole68
04-08-2010, 08:19 AM
photobucket or similar a good way to upload the photos.As for immediate mods, termis,tail tidy,carbon hugger,mudguard,exhaust shields,sprocket cover,exhaust valve cover,oil cooler shrouds,14t front sprocket,rear sets,mono posto carbon seat unit,imagination,new mortgauge.Have fun :mand:

noTHINGfaced
04-08-2010, 08:30 AM
I read a lot about the 14T sprocket mod. Is this something that needs to be done for the sake of town riding? My commute does involve quite a few small villages (I like to take the scenic route) so am doing a fair amount of 30-40mph riding.

walpole68
04-08-2010, 08:33 AM
I read a lot about the 14T sprocket mod. Is this something that needs to be done for the sake of town riding? My commute does involve quite a few small villages (I like to take the scenic route) so am doing a fair amount of 30-40mph riding.

Nicer in town and top gear becomes usable,with standard front sprocket on top gear of little use below 80mph.OK so you may lose 10mph top speed but who buys a monster for that.

J.P
04-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Welcoem to the club and congrats on a peach of a bike.

You can mod it as much as you like, it all depends on your wallet.
But the 14T sprocket is the first thing. See if the dealer can do it today......

noTHINGfaced
04-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Guys, cheers for that. Sounds like the 14T is a must have. I'll pick it up tomorrow, run it for a wee while, see how we get on and then swap the stock one out.

JaKS
04-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but?
Where can Iget a 14 tooth front sprocket??:rolleyes:

walpole68
04-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but?
Where can Iget a 14 tooth front sprocket??:rolleyes:

Your dealer or a aftermarket chain and sprocket supplier

Snips
04-08-2010, 09:43 PM
I use St Neots (I really like those guys), and was there on Tuesday. There were a couple of sold M1100S's, so I assume one was yours :thumbsup:

I recently also had those guys fit me a Rizoma 14T sprocket, and it's transformed the bike - highly recommended.

Enjoy the bike, and ride safe.

noTHINGfaced
06-08-2010, 05:53 AM
Yup, one was indeed mine! Picked it up yesterday and did 60 miles or so. Live the bike, love the noise and the thud of two big cylinders slapping about.

Though, I think I'll do the 14t mod, its really high geared! 6th I could only use by going above the speed limit!

Snips, I'm in Twitter too, I'll follow you.