PDA

View Full Version : I never knew it would be like this !!

granturismo
03-08-2010, 11:13 PM
:biggrin:

Well I made it back from the north sea on friday and to cut a long story short, on tuesday was riding home my yellow M900 (2001) from worthing in West Sussex all the way back to Neston on the Wirral. What a hoot! I can see where the enthusiasm I read in these threads comes from now!

Handled like on rails, pulled like that big thing in star trek and had the most gorgeous exhaust note to accompany me all the way. I clocked 310 miles following signs all the way back and she never missed a beat. Very forgiving bike to ride also. Still getting used to the noise of the dry clutch at idle!

The only thing I found is the standard nose cone directs the wind blast right into the face. I'm going to try her without the nose cone and see if the blast is as bad. Do you guys find it this way?

I'm going to bed in my bike gear tonight so that I can get up with the crows and get back on her tomorrow! Looking forward to finding the time to attend any meets too. Ride safe now!

BluprintZ
04-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Yeah, a good ride can be a real buzz, makes up for the crappy ones. :chuckle:.

I had similar problems with the h/bar fairing on my 900, so i sold it.
I've also removed the one off the Thruxton as well, that seemed to be having an effect on the steering in strong crosswinds, since removal it's been ok.

I think it's a personal choice really, functionality as opposed to looks.

G ; )

granturismo
04-08-2010, 01:39 PM
You're quite right BluprintZ. I took the nose cone off and rode her this morning and the difference is really noticeable. A bit of body buffeting but I can live with that (it was quite windy anyway). The best thing is that it doesn't sound like concord is flying next to me now! I guess the quality of the helmet I wear plays a part with noise too.

It's funny how the screen set up on a bike can make such a difference to the quality of ride. I couldn't get the right set up on my Triumph Tiger 900 (Steamer), even with the Triumph screens, and eventually adapted the screen off a Piaggio Hexagon and it works great now - looks quite funky too!

Thanks for your input.

Gordon H
04-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Don't cha just love m900's.........

BluprintZ
04-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Don't cha just love m900's.........

I certainly did...but...:cry: :hissy: :banghead:!!
I don't wanna talk about it..:mad:.

G ; ) :chuckle:.

Nickj
04-08-2010, 11:00 PM
And it just gets better :)

Darkness
05-08-2010, 12:34 PM
:biggrin:

The only thing I found is the standard nose cone directs the wind blast right into the face. I'm going to try her without the nose cone and see if the blast is as bad. Do you guys find it this way?

Without the nose cone there's less wind blast, but it mostly hits you in the chest, so you seem to get wetter when it's raining [I don't do waterproofs!].

After a brief flirt with carbon, I've left the cone off mine as I prefer a naked m900 to look naked!

:spin::spin:

Gordon H
05-08-2010, 04:29 PM
I certainly did...but...:cry: :hissy: :banghead:!!
I don't wanna talk about it..:mad:.

G ; ) :chuckle:.

Though I did look at a 750 ss ie on an 02 plate today which has grabbed my attention........

Gordon H
05-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Without the nose cone there's less wind blast, but it mostly hits you in the chest, so you seem to get wetter when it's raining [I don't do waterproofs!].

After a brief flirt with carbon, I've left the cone off mine as I prefer a naked m900 to look naked!

:spin::spin:

Same here - I may start a bling backlash and go, sorry stay, 100% original......

Minimalist carbon on a monster - now there's a thought......

He11cat
05-08-2010, 05:19 PM
I am hoping hf makes it easier for me.
I tend to ride half laying on the tank of things (dam those Katanas!) so hope the wind blast will go over me ..

granturismo
05-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Agreed Darkness, I think they look better without the nose cones too. A bit of blast in the chest is better than in the mush I think. And Gordon H, if you're tempted by the 750 ss, I can give you some advice - the best way to get rid of temptation is to give into it immediately!! :mand:

He11cat
05-08-2010, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE. A bit of blast in the chest is better than in the mush I think. :[/QUOTE]

Good grief man I spat my tea across the room !!!!

granturismo
05-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Sorry Hellcat

I never could resist the carry on style innuendos :chuckle: guffaw, guffaw!

Hope the PC brigade don't trace me through these threads ;-)

By the way, what is hf?

BluprintZ
05-08-2010, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE. A bit of blast in the chest is better than in the mush I think. :

Good grief man I spat my tea across the room !!!!

Now why doesn't that surprise me Melanie?
Do Y`know somethin' lads?, we are unfortunately small beer in the trade when it comes to twisting statements as above.
The girls have it down to a fine art, they can be frighteningly disgraceful.

G ; ) :running:.