PDA

View Full Version : WHat the ????????

jerry
02-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Doing the valves on the S4 which is a process i have done 14 times before on 4v Dukes so i reckon easy peasy!!!!!!!!!

Diiirrrr Horizontal front cylinder no problems done in 3 hours but rear is doing weird things to my head the intake valves have been reshimmed but now the camshaft refuses to go home all the way , removed the opener shims and rockers and it still seems to be blocked .......I am really confused now .....going to leave it for a day.

jerry
03-08-2010, 02:00 PM
OK the problem seems to be the new shims i recently bought from Ducati dealers in UK all are much bigger than stated on the packets some by a factor of .05mm I am really pissed off as i am going to have to grind down 4 closers and 4 openers .
I getting a bit fed up with Ducati recently what with rip off priced spares and poor quality parts every thing Ducati i bought recently has had issues .the new clutch that was delivered full of cracks in the friction discs, new fuel sender that lasted 2 weeks ,2 new valves that are bent ??????for my mates 996
and I have a huge box of 4v shims that are too small for my bikes ,

could drive a man to Harley or triumph or drink ha

jerry
04-08-2010, 12:49 PM
OK ground the shims down and job done now ,

then i get a phone call from my Swedish mate bart he has just got a set of oversize +2 pistons etc for his 1098 track bike and guess what ,they are too small when measured they were standard pistons....diiiirrrrr he is less than impressed with Ducati ....whats going on with them.