PDA

View Full Version : cleaning and painting

analogue_rogue
01-08-2010, 07:24 PM
After the battery decided to leak acid all over the side on my engine casings... dont ask im still angry about this.... i need to clean and paint the engine.. anyone have any advice on paint and where to go to get it and how to go about this project?

CK & AK
01-08-2010, 07:53 PM
worth a search fella, as its been covered quite a few times :)

analogue_rogue
02-08-2010, 03:16 PM
couldnt find it....

mit
15-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Neither could I!

Qba
15-09-2010, 03:40 PM
http://www.rsbikepaint.com/

Best to give them a call first or visit them if you require some additional info about technique and products itself. They're brilliant.

utopia
15-09-2010, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=analogue_rogue;358165]After the battery decided to leak acid all over the side on my engine casings...
I had the same thing happen to my M750 the first time I ever rode it. The battery overflow tube turned out to be missing, but there also seems to be an overcharging fault which I still haven't got to the bottom of, though I suspect the reg/rec is on the way out. I reckon its worth your while getting the charging system checked out before you repaint. I took my alternator cover off and took it to JHP in coventry (not far from you) and they blasted and refinished it for about £50, if memory serves. Quality job too, though I don't ride the monster in the wet if I can help it, so haven't subjected it to much road salt.

CK & AK
15-09-2010, 05:44 PM
couldnt find it....

Neither could I!

try this thread http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=26066&highlight=engine+casings+paint

.... and then post #3 in it :)

analogue_rogue
15-09-2010, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=analogue_rogue;358165]After the battery decided to leak acid all over the side on my engine casings...
I had the same thing happen to my M750 the first time I ever rode it. The battery overflow tube turned out to be missing, but there also seems to be an overcharging fault which I still haven't got to the bottom of, though I suspect the reg/rec is on the way out. I reckon its worth your while getting the charging system checked out before you repaint. I took my alternator cover off and took it to JHP in coventry (not far from you) and they blasted and refinished it for about £50, if memory serves. Quality job too, though I don't ride the monster in the wet if I can help it, so haven't subjected it to much road salt.

mine leaked because some squaddies at leconfield decided to tip it upside down all over the bike...

utopia
16-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Oh that sucks. Don't suppose your insurance would cover that, would it?

analogue_rogue
18-09-2010, 07:48 PM
might do but it isnt worth losing the no claims when i was planning on stripping it this winter for a full respray anyway.....