PDA

View Full Version : I hate the DVLA

Kato
22-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Back the 7 of this month I went online to get some tax for the Monster, suddenly it occurred to me today that it hadn't arrived so I rang the DVLA, to start with 10 minutes just to get through the automated phone system, then finally I get to talk to a human, (do we class the Welsh as human theses days), after a series of pointless questions she asks for my address I told her, she asks for my previous address, I told her, she asks the same question I tell her again, she then tells me that’s where it was sent because that’s the address they have on file, now I point out that last year was no problem or the year before that an so on, so why suddenly have they resorted to sending my disc to an address 10 yrs out of date, I ask for a replacement to be sent to my proper address “I’m sorry sir I can’t accept a change of address over the phone” I HAVE NOT CHANGED ADDRESS you have changed it for me, apparently I can collect it from my nearest DVLA office (Wimbledon) should I wish, well obviously I don’t wish or I wouldn’t have purchased it online in the first place, right I say have you taken the money from my card? “yes” comes back the answer OK so refund my money and I’ll go to the post office an get it myself, “I can send you a refund application and it’ll take approx 6 weeks to process”

So these ****WITs have got my cash, sent my tax to a random former address they just plucked out of nowhere refuse to do anything about it, expecting me to chase around and pick up the pieces, great service as always from a bunch of trolls.

So as I see it I’m left with two options

1: forget about the cash they have stolen and go to the post office to buy another disc
2: forget the whole scenario and just ride and if I get zapped by the cops ANPR system they’ll see I have paid, I have conformation that I’ve paid, so as far as I’m concerned there is no issue

The whole feckin lot of them are a complete waste of breath, if any now how large an incendiary device would be needed to set Wales adrift from the rest of please let me know

Blufoot
22-07-2010, 04:50 PM
dont worry about it, i never put mine on anyway, never had any problems from the fuzz

as you said ANPR deals with it nicely

slob
22-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Small claims court....

Gordon H
22-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Last time I moved house, they sent my license to my old address - they would only send me the replacement once the new occupant at my old address informed them that he had the license and was willing to return it or "confirm" that he had destroyed it.......

3 weeks later and a LOT of cash on phone bills I finally got the new license..........

and they said that I had filled the form out incorrectly - good thing I kept a photocopy!!

grrrrrrrr :mad:

Bodybag
22-07-2010, 05:15 PM
There is a website that allows you to check the taxation status of your vehicle but I can't find it at the moment. Someone on here will be able to confirm this for you I'm sure.

CK & AK
22-07-2010, 05:18 PM
and breathe, Kato!

You wont be able to do 1. as the vehicle is already taxed and the nice lady in a cardi at the post office will say 'No can do, Mr Angry motorbike owner'

LouSCannon
22-07-2010, 05:19 PM
This seems to be the biggest problem I hear around the DVLA.... they and their information are faultless, they have complete and utter faith in a system that's inherently flawed... dozens of examples can be found here:

http://search.theregister.co.uk/?q=DVLA

Headhunter
22-07-2010, 05:57 PM
You check vehicle status on the left hand side of this page.....

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

weimeranerman
22-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Totally sympathise with your frustration over incompetence, questionable business process management, suspect and flawed IT systems as I have just found out my account with Thames Water was closed down last month and there is no record of who closed it!

But I have to take some offence at your slight transgression concerning the Welsh in general!

finally I get to talk to a human, (do we class the Welsh as human theses days), etc....:twak:

So these ****WITs have got my cash, sent my tax to a random former address they just plucked out of nowhere refuse to do anything about it, expecting me to chase around and pick up the pieces, great service as always from a bunch of trolls. :twak::twak:

The whole feckin lot of them are a complete waste of breath, if any now how large an incendiary device would be needed to set Wales adrift from the rest of please let me know:twak::twak::twak::twak:

Much prefer to sympathise with you :drunk::than :twak: you, so remember some :ukm: are also Welsh!

Capo
22-07-2010, 07:26 PM
I hope that budget cuts will place many DVLA employees on the dole.
They are the epitomy of arrogance

BluprintZ
22-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Anything concerning the public sector, i tend to give a wide berth to.
Invariably, it will either cost you money or your sanity...probably both!
I always tax the car and bike at the local post office, or in the case where i lost a tax disc off the bike last Feburary, i go to my local DVLA office in Bangor.
I want to be dealing with a person in front of me, not a faceless tw*t on the net, therefore any problems that arise are usually dealt with on the spot, not weeks later.
I feel your frustration Rob.

G ; )

Kato
22-07-2010, 09:38 PM
George don't panic mate I'll make sure you get plenty of warning before I sink wales beneath the waves.

BluprintZ
22-07-2010, 09:52 PM
RUN...run like the wind!
It's ok mate, i'm a sais (http://www.geiriadur.net/index.php?page=ateb&uni=y&prefLang=&term=Sais&direction=we&whichpart=exact&type=noun) immigrant anyway.

G ; ):mand:

He11cat
22-07-2010, 11:37 PM
I had my disc stolen..
I really have a total pet hate of automated phone dodahs... ie press 1 of .... press 2 for .. then I am sorry we are having problems with your call please try again.. worst still I swore down the phone just as they put me through...

I found out we have a DVLA office here so trogged down took my ticket and waited...
they sometimes charge you to replace a stolen disc.. which I thought going to happen..

Lucky for me I got a nice person..and he gave me a replacement FOC.. :) so paid to talk to them face to face.I was stunned.

I bet if I had rung up like I did before I would have been charged and put on hold for a million years..
I used to hand in my tax forms directly to the office which never went down well.. but the one time I posted it they lost it in the office !! 3 times....had got there then got lost!

Its not Welsh ness.. I am fond of a few Welsh lads.. good boys I like Wales myself..Ring any sort of place like that and its the same.

Think its called jobsworths .. gotta be important as I have a boring job.. and nobody likes us kind of thing..rife in that sector.
I should know Civil Servant myself for years now doing different jobs.

I can't think why people take jobs that entail making peoples life a misery and inflicting misery on others .. usually because they feel the need to be important .. and have a complex so like to take it out on others so they feel big .. bit of a power trip and lifes not as they hoped it to be... so they compensate for it by making your life miserable...

Sorry.. I would rather help someone and come home with a smile on my face once in a while.. If you like making peoples life miserable .. messing up someones day , and being a smug barsteward I think you may have some issues ... go see a shrink..
Or your a total dullard... with a matching yawntastic life and thats the only "fun" or ' Kicks" you get all week...
Not all of us Public Sector people are like that... but certain departments / jobs seem to attract certain types and sadly they are the ones we often have to deal with ..

gary tompkins
23-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Small claims court....

Costs a minimum of £35 and theres no promise you'll get a result

Tried it myself recently. Waste of frigging time and money :mad:

Saint aka ML
23-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Yyyy Kato was it not you who told me you have your tax disc on the fridge?

Did you use CC by any chance? I do not know why buy I always do. If you did call your bank.

mholc123
24-07-2010, 08:54 AM
1. do we class the Welsh as human theses days
2. if any now how large an incendiary device would be needed to set Wales adrift from the rest of please let me know

Interesting comments - wonder what the response would have been if you had used the words black or asian instead of welsh? or used India or Pakistan instead of Wales? I'm not particulary PC but isn't this a form of racism? By the way if you are going to set us adrift can you tow us somewhere nice like the caribean so I can enjoy our roads in permanent sunshine whilst drinking our crisp mountain water - you know the water from the resovoirs that sustains the big English cities bordering Wales !

jerry
24-07-2010, 05:51 PM
I have a similar type of problem with HMRC they 5 different offices have sent tax demands to me for Tax with 3 different tax codes and penalties for non payment amounting to Thousands of pounds with threats of court and Bankcruptcy.on jobs as diverse as a baker, chef,fruit picker ,assembler and welder none of which i have ever done .....But its not me as I cannot be in 5 places at same time and at the time of these alledged jobs i was overseas anyway. DWP say my National insurance Number has been cloned by someone who has probably sold it to immmigrants to use .

But HMRC never answer letters or phone ..bloody hopeless same as DVLA. Total nightmare i have asked Tax lawyer to look into it but its a maze.