PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Monster Dark (2000) Mileage: 18800

hungermonkey
21-07-2010, 07:41 PM
For Sale:
My 750 Monster Dark (2000) Mileage: 18800
Mechanically sound and sounds amazing (Ducati Performance, Remus exhausts), cosmetically: showing its age!

This was my first big bike and is ideal for anyone looking to get a mechanically sound monster on a tight budget (cosmetic defects only). Or a ‘traditional style’ monster as a blank canvas for a modifying project.

The bike is a standard 750 dark apart from the fantastic Ducati Performance (Remus) exhausts that let it sing like a true monster & a carbon fibre tail (tea tray) with integrated indicators.

The bike has been looked after by Rosso Corse since I brought it in November (2009) and has had the following maintenance (all performed by Rosso Corse) that has cost over £1k in total.
New Belts, oil change, new battery, new sparks, new brake pads, new rear tyre.

The bike sailed through it's MOT (due Feb 2011) and is taxed til Dec 2010

It comes with a carbon fibre bikini fairing (basically windshield above the headlight) which is not currently fitted. I will also include the Haynes Manual for the bike.

The bike does however have significant cosmetic defects, which do not compromise the performance, overall look or head turning sound. But do explain the low price.

Due to a battery acid leak there is some etching on the clutch cover and frame (which has been painted over). The fuel light doesn't work (refill every 100 miles solves this issue!) there are some small cosmetic dents in the tank from stationary falls... Pretty standard for a monster of this vintage.

I am going travelling and loathed to let it go after spending so much bringing it up to scratch. But could do with the cash. £1700 is the final price, no offers, if it doesn't make that I'll put it into storage for my return.

Finally: this bike was apparently once owned by Johnny Lee Miller... Ride like a celeb

Viewing and demonstrations fine, test rides only if I have the full amount in cash my hand as a deposit.

If you have any questions or would like to see more photos please email me.

Thanks for your interest.

This bike is advertised on London gumtree: ad reference: 62610324