PDA

View Full Version : Thetford Bike show

He11cat
18-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Lovely to meet you Mohawk your bike is lovely!!.. :)

And to all the Monsters up there ... why where we all the last in the field?????:chuckle:

Mohawk
18-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah it was a super day, made all the better by meeting a few other Monster fans. :thumbsup:

It would be really nice to get a meet planned with the Norfolk/Suffolk Monster folk before the sunny weather we're having disappears. How would we go about getting something sorted? Any thoughts?

Grumpy
18-07-2010, 09:28 PM
How about just off the Barton Mills roundabout on the A11.
If you take the Brandon exit, there's a lay-by on the rhs( in the direction of Brandon) with a permanent cafe?

Capo
18-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Sheeet I forgot about that. Went to the seaside. Sheeet.

But I havn't forgot the Fenman Classic Show at Winbotsham August Bank Holiday

He11cat
18-07-2010, 11:13 PM
yups we should hatch a plan ...
So lets all meet up then .

I really don't know how Mohawk spotted me ....... :)

Oily Fingers
19-07-2010, 05:13 PM
i was there i think about the 5th row back in the parking area!!! i didnt spot any other monster in the parking area :S

He11cat
20-07-2010, 10:18 AM
By the end there was about 6!! all red apart from one ..
and then my little black one!

We where all last to leave it seems!

Mohawk
20-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Grumpy I'd be happy to meet at the cafe you suggested and I think Capo's idea of meeting at Wimbotsham would be good too.

I was planning to organise a ride out to the Fenman Bike show from Norwich via Watton and as has been suggested it would be an early start otherwise you can't get parked. He11cat do you think you'll make the Fenman Meet? I think it's Monday the 30th August.

I'll add something to the calendar or a new thread so anyone else interested can start to make plans to come along.

Grumpy
20-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Shall we make the cafe I mentioned a regular meet? say 3rd sunday of the month starting in august, this way anyone who would like to turn up has plenty of notice.
List your name below if your interested.

Grumpy

He11cat
21-07-2010, 12:41 AM
I would be interested in a regular meet up ,

I am more likely to be on my bike on Saturdays ..
Sunday mornings.. oh dear..

I have sometimes been out to a gig or pub had lots of falling down water .. maybe got home .. but could be on mates sofa... gone to bed at stupid am... I don't sleep much at night or I am on my way home from a bike rally in which case I would hum.. and be bleary eyed!

Or I am out on my IAMS ride.

But if I have been left to my own devices and not been led astray then I would of course join you!
It would be nice to all meet up..and I would make the effort to do this.
Sunday not the best day for me but I will make an effort if I am free.

Mohawk
21-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Shall we make the cafe I mentioned a regular meet? say 3rd sunday of the month starting in august, this way anyone who would like to turn up has plenty of notice.
List your name below if your interested.

Grumpy

Grumpy
Mohawk - interested but riding round Scotland on the 15th Aug but would attend in Sept

He11cat
22-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Where you off to Mohawk .. my mother is from Falkirk!

Mohawk
22-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Where you off to Mohawk .. my mother is from Falkirk!

I'm going all over He11cat. Up the West so Loch Lomond, Kyle, Applecross, Poolewe then over to Inverness. Then Aberdeen via Braemar, Ballater etc and back down South via Edinburgh. Can't wait, been planning it for months.

Rich750Dark
22-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I'd be up for a regular thing too. Saturdays or Sundays are normally fine for me, unless i'm otherwise busy!

He11cat
22-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Would be nice..
That and there is always Orwells burger van of a Saturday.. if anyone fancies a cuppa and bacon butty... no plush seats but a bench.. but interesting to see who pops by on what :)

I often pop down for a brew..

Rich750Dark
23-07-2010, 08:26 AM
I would pop down tomorrow but it's my sister's wedding. No excuse i know but i'd probably actualy be killed if i didn't go!

gremlin
23-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a good idea, we seem to have missed meeting up most of this year but it would be good to get organised for next year. Praps during the winter we could still keep it going although I'll probably wimp out and drive as I can't do cold! We could start in August and see how it goes.