PDA

View Full Version : Burnt me bits and melted me wotsit

LVC
11-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Took the S4 for a blast to Angers on Friday and took a passenger (which I haven't done for ages), the temperature was 33 degrees maybe more.

Whilst she performed superbly I couldn't help noticing that the inner right thigh (yep the very top part ;) ) was extremely hot :shocked:

Now I know she's black and will attract the heat and I know I was seated much further forward than usual (due to the pretty 20 year old seated behind) but in all the years I've owned the bike I've never had melted bits before (not a pleasant feeling) :look:

Can anyone confirm if this is normal - running was not affected (only my ability to walk afterwards) and everything else was fine and it was a rather hot day :scratch:

bigredduke
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Took the S4 for a blast to Angers on Friday and took a passenger (which I haven't done for ages), the temperature was 33 degrees maybe more.

Whilst she performed superbly I couldn't help noticing that the inner right thigh (yep the very top part ;) ) was extremely hot :shocked:

Now I know she's black and will attract the heat and I know I was seated much further forward than usual (due to the pretty 20 year old seated behind) but in all the years I've owned the bike I've never had melted bits before (not a pleasant feeling) :look:

Can anyone confirm if this is normal - running was not affected (only my ability to walk afterwards) and everything else was fine and it was a rather hot day :scratch:

Good to know that your pillion performed superbly but linking her ethnicity to firearms is rather stereotypical don't you think?:)

Albie
11-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I got heat exhaustion today too. I dont recommend these aircooled jobs ;)

The under seat through frame setup on these new models puts out a lot of heat in these conditions and then heats the comfortable touring seat so much that it goes soft, Hot legs and uncomfortable inner thighs :thumbsdown:

Gordon H
11-07-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm still trying to work out why my left leg gets hotter while sitting still on the bike - traffic lights and junctions..... left leg is deffo getting more heat..... :scratch: